AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 02:21:29 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys  (Read 49403 times)
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2003, 05:20:06 am »

Well, I could say that flowers are nice and everyone would agree with me.  

But controversial issues come up and they should be discussed no matter how the hecklers start holding down the bad attitude button.  Write, folks.  Don't just press the bad button.  Tell me WHY you've pressed it.

You're right, Paul.  I don't need you to fight my battles.  You're better for hitting below the belt in the mud pit.  When I need you, I'll call for you.   Grin  
4Him

Email
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2003, 10:04:46 am »

Dear Tim Souther,
Yes, I think the St. Louis assembly somewhat broke away from the strictness of George a while ago, but there were still a lot of pressure points that would wear on people, causing them to want to leave.  But God is good.  And He is doing a great work.  Thanks again, Mr. Souther.
A Brother in Christ,
Luke Robinson
Yes and I think your dad (one of my favorite brothers of all time) was a good example of that.  Even so, it is my opinion that there undoubtedly remain vestiges of Geftakysism even there that need to be rooted out.  Hopefully there will be an increasing association with other evangelical groups.  All of us need our horizons broadened.

PS - I was kind of hoping you'd make it up here last night or the night before at the Remedy gigs.  Smiley
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2003, 05:43:01 am »

Sorry that I didn't make it.  But I do plan on driving up to Springfield sometime in the near future.  It would be a neat experience to be reunited with my brothers and sisters.  God Bless.
Sammy

Email
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2005, 08:38:46 am »

Didn’t read all the posts here. Just to long. But if I see GG any time soon I’ll throw the first stone sin or not.

It’s a joke guys Wink
outdeep

Email
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2005, 09:21:14 am »

He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys
This was said by Jesus when he brought a Pharasee in his midst who was being unjustly condemned by the blind beggers in the area.  Whenever I read this passage, I find within myself a renewed, gentle, compassion for strong, authoritarian, religious leaders just like Jesus had.
Sammy

Email
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2005, 09:37:14 am »

Ya Dave I know the story. Grew up on it. But I’m glad it touches you. Didn’t mean to offend.
outdeep

Email
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2005, 06:57:48 pm »

Sammy:  You didn't offend at all.  Sorry if I gave that impression.  This is the first time I saw this thread and that was my toungue in cheek response to the title.  I wasn't responding to anything said afterwards.
Sammy

Email
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2005, 10:13:50 pm »

Good to know Dave. And my post about casting the first stone was the first thing that popped  into my head. Glad I didn’t offend. It just the mental image I get of a big rock hitting GG in the stomach and him finally having all that hot air knocked out of him that makes me chuckle.  Grin
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2005, 12:56:49 am »

"He who is without sin among you,  let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys"

"George!!! Wait, George!! Put down that granite boomerang, you could hurt someone!!"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 02:44:04 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2005, 11:03:33 am »

...and lo, there appeared a giant hand, and it picked up a stone...
Sammy

Email
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2005, 11:57:40 am »

lol Grin
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: