AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 06:47:55 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys  (Read 49396 times)
gracetruth

Email
« on: March 01, 2003, 01:35:57 pm »

He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys.

John 8:7  But as they continued to ask Him, He lifted Himself up and said to them, He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.

Mat 7:2  For with whatever judgment you judge, you shall be judged; and with whatever measure you measure out, it shall be measured to you again.

John 16:2  They shall put you out of the synagogue. But an hour is coming that everyone who kills you will think that he bears God service.

1 Peter 3:9-10  Never give back evil for evil, or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, giving blessing, knowing that you are called to this so that you might inherit blessing. For he that wants to love life and to see good days, let him restrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking guile.

4Him

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 10:11:25 pm »

He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys.

John 8:7  But as they continued to ask Him, He lifted Himself up and said to them, He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness*, but shall have the light of life. (Jn 8:12)

*darkness - secrecy, anonymity (as in anonymous posting), the way George and the "work" operated for years and years (read "characteristics of workers").

Mr. Geftakys is not one of the sheep caught in "adultery".  He is a Pharisee/Sadducee/Scribe/etc. caught practicing wickedness and abusing many using his supposed God given authority as "God's Servant/Apostle".   Consider Jesus' extremely severe condemnation of such in Matthew 23.  The whole point in this is to provide means for God's sheep in the "assemblies" to enable them to escape and to enter into true liberty and grace.  This has, by the power structure of the "leading brother" and "worker" system, been denied them for decades,   (Try reading The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse by Johnson & VanVonderan.)  To hide abuse of power is to participate in the sin.  This issue w/GG has been addressed in a scriptural way:

1. Mt 18:15 - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. (This was done repeatedly by many over the years. George would not hear it!)

2. v. 16  But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. (This was done.  Again, George would not repent!)

3. v. 17a - And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: (This was done. Once again, George refuses to repent.)

So, "gracetruth", what is left?  Undecided  Cry

4. v. 17b - but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 08:17:20 am by Tim Souther » Logged
Mark Kisla
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 10:49:06 pm »

PSALM 139: 21 & 22
"Do not I hate them, O Lord, who hate You? And am not I    greived and do not I loathe those who rise up against You ?
I hate them with a perfect hatred; they have become my enemies"

GALATIONS 6:7
 "God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap"
 NOBODY HAS TO THROW ROCKS AT GEORGE AND THOSE WHO IMITATED HIM. GEORGE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS REAPING WHAT HIS CHARACTER SOWED.
 THERE IS VERY LIGITIMATE CONCERN WHEN HE CAN'T ACKNOWLEDGE THE WRONGS HE HAS DONE. HE REFUSES ACCOUNTABILITY TO THOSE WHOSES LIVES HE HURT. THIS CAN MEAN ONLY ONE THING; HE AND THOSE LIKE HIM ARE LOOKING FOR NEW VICTIMS.
moonflower
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 10:58:09 pm »

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness*, but shall have the light of life. (Jn 8:12)

*darkness - secrecy, anonymity (as in anonymous posting), the way George and the "work" operated for years and years (read "characteristics of workers").

Mr. Geftakys is not one of the sheep caught in "adultery".  He is a Pharisee/Sadducee/Scribe/etc. caught practicing wickedness and abusing many using his supposed God given authority as "God's Servant/Apostle".   Consider Jesus' extremely severe condemnation of such in Matthew 23.  The whole point in this is to provide means, which have been for decades, denied to those in the "assemblies" to escape and be able to enter into true liberty and grace.  (Try reading The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse by Johnson & VanVonderan.)  To hide abuse of power is to participate in the sin.  This issue w/GG has been addressed in a scriptural way:

1. Mt 18:15 - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. (This was done repeatedly by many over the years. George would not hear it!)

2. v. 16  But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. (This was done.  Again, George would not repent!)

3. v. 17a - And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: (This was done. Once again, George refuses to repent.)

So, "gracetruth", what is left?  Undecided  Cry

4. v. 17b - but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Those are the facts grace"truth".  Others have been excommunicated for reasons other than actual sin in their lives, or for only one specific chapter in the Geftakys Trilogy. Is there a reason that George should not be excommunicated? Is there a reason that we should not be talking about the fact that we were being led by someone who was living a lie?
Some of the postings are fox-hole humor, and it is allowed.  "Walk a mile in our shoes....." and read your quoted scriptures to George.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2003, 04:23:00 am by Jantje Thonen » Logged
retread

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 11:09:38 pm »

Was George stoned? Smiley I don’t think that we are trying to punish him, bur rather reveal the sin, otherwise by knowingly remaining silent we become partakers of his sin.  And yes there are consequences to sin.

"what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

We need to stand for righteousness.  By not doing so we are not only sinning against the Lord, but even against Mr. Geftakys. Shocked Ignoring the sin is of no benefit to George, but it rather it is of  harm to him.  Ignoring sins is "the stone" that does the real damage, and I for one do not want to be responsible for casting that stone.

wolverine

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2003, 05:49:43 am »

Retread...

You're the top "senior citizen" on my list... Wink

Did you ever get that "I was in the assembly and all I got was this shirt" t-shirt for being the 15th poster???
If not, I'll take care of it...

RetreadFan

P.S.  I don't want you rushing out and identifying yourself and doing all kinds of crazy stuff in your excitement...you don't HAVE to tell us who you are...is that understood???
 Wink

Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2003, 05:56:42 am »

To quote a great man:

Kids say the darndest things
wolverine

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2003, 06:51:18 am »

To quote another great man:

There's a sucker born every minute.

Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2003, 05:01:04 pm »

You resemble that remark! Grin
wolverine

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2003, 08:12:44 pm »

You're so very right...
What was I thinking to waste the time and energy to actually respond to you?Huh  Wink

SebastianFan
Heide

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2003, 11:29:31 pm »

Hey Grace,

Perhaps you need to get back to the basics:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me....

Unless of course those words are the truth and you have been lying all your life. Casting the first stone? NO but I will be the first to double dog dare George to tell the truth!

Let's get him up on a stand in a court room full of his peers and see what he has to say. You can be his attorney and I will cross-examine.
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2003, 02:25:14 am »

Who said I was addressing you? Grin
Heide

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2003, 04:22:54 am »

Who said you weren't?
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2003, 04:28:10 am »

Jim - I suppose if Tim Geftakys said that this past weekend he was doing cart wheels on the moon, we should just go ahead and believe that to.  Geez, your right - The "nerve" of us (or me) to mock ridicule or slander him...After all, when Tim was in command, didn't he often mock ridicule and slander others.   This guy deserves to be silenced.  If people are bitter or angry, then so be it.

By the way, nobody is asking you to read the posts where your boy Tim Geftakys is being slandered!!!
Heide

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2003, 06:44:20 am »

To those of you who feel the need to defend Tim or the Word of God:

In the assembly the Word of God was used against the victims, I myself know this personally because when I tried to make known to the SLO leadership the abuse between Dave & Judy verses were brought up and I became a slanderer and gossiper. Verses such as Eph 4:29 "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Proverbs 26:20 "For lack of wood the fire goes out and where there is no whisperer, contention quiets down." Proverbs 6:19 states that one of the 7 things that are an adomination to the Lord is ...."A false witness who utters lies and one who spreads strife among brothers." All these verses were used against me and all I did was tell the truth. I find it alittle odd that I shouldn't judge Tim with the same judgement that he judged me with. If I do so then there is no grace and I become just like him.

I do know that Tim & Ginger both knew about the abuse between Dave & Judy. I know they didn't do anything about it. I also know that Tim has treated some sisters who lived in his house quite badly, their testimonies are all over this BB.

Here is what I don't know... How could a man who was part of this ministry (Tim) step down and then step back up again. Where is his repentance? He has not attempted to make it right with the women he has hurt. How can you follow a shepherd who is like that?

Heide
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: