AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 02:59:49 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: new boards  (Read 46396 times)
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2005, 01:47:57 am »

Brian---

I was just curious---I notice that some of the Threads say "new" and yet the last post
was over a year ago. Is there a reason for that happening? I have gone into my profile
and put "latest quotes on top" so the newest ones show up at the beginning of the
thread, but some of the threads say "new" for a message posted quite a while ago.
Just curious is all.

--Joe
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2005, 05:29:59 am »

Brian---

I was just curious---I notice that some of the Threads say "new" and yet the last post
was over a year ago. Is there a reason for that happening? I have gone into my profile
and put "latest quotes on top" so the newest ones show up at the beginning of the
thread, but some of the threads say "new" for a message posted quite a while ago.
Just curious is all.

--Joe

This BB seems to be different in the way it marks threads as having something new in them.  The old BB only did this when a new post was made.  This BB seems to also recognize edited posts and possibly deletions as being something new in the thread.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2005, 06:10:06 am »

Thanks Stephen, that explains a lot.

--Joe
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2005, 02:46:35 pm »

This BB seems to be different in the way it marks threads as having something new in them.  The old BB only did this when a new post was made.  This BB seems to also recognize edited posts and possibly deletions as being something new in the thread.

Stephen,

The first two titles under "Any and All Topics" have remained unchanged and unmoved since last October & last May, respectively.  Any theories?

al
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2005, 12:52:22 am »

Stephen,

The first two titles under "Any and All Topics" have remained unchanged and unmoved since last October & last May, respectively.  Any theories?

al

The colored symbols on the left of each thread are identified at the bottom of the page.  Sticky topics stay at the top.  A while back, an administrator of the BB decided that those 2 topics should be sticky.  Topics that newcomers to the BB should read can be marked sticky so that they are easy to find.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2005, 01:55:13 am »

The colored symbols on the left of each thread are identified at the bottom of the page.  Sticky topics stay at the top.  A while back, an administrator of the BB decided that those 2 topics should be sticky.  Topics that newcomers to the BB should read can be marked sticky so that they are easy to find.

Thanks Steve.  I'm at a disadvantage, being partially colorblind.  I was puzzling over those symbols last night, wondering if they were different colors-- they look pretty much the same to me... 

What length of time do you suppose an unused thread remains "sticky?" Smiley

al

P.S.-- OK, I went back & studied the symbols more closely & found subtle design differences, so I should be able to tell them apart.  But I still wonder how long it takes for the "sticky" to wear off-- I get tired of looking at a title that never changes... Wink
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 02:40:29 am by al Hartman » Logged
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2005, 11:36:55 am »

i apologize for the missing posts problem. as a stop-gap measure, i setup a modified version of the old board here:

http://www.assemblyboard.com/oldbb

wounded pilgrims lost a lot of posts in the conversion. can anyone identify other major areas that lost posts? if i could get help pinpointing what posts need to be restored, then i could import just the missing ones.

also, one person has reported that the Quote button was not showing up for them in the 'Life with Verne' thread. is anyone else having quote problems?

Attached is a list of affected threads.

69 threads are missing, and 6 threads lost some posts.
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2005, 06:30:43 pm »

I've run into this problem a few times: I try to log out and the message I get is something like "can't identify url"

I log in and log out again and my name is still listed as logged in.

Any suggestions?
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2005, 06:33:58 pm »

I also have a problem with the changes that SJ did to my post on the SSO thread.

I'll buzz off for now.
brian

Email
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2005, 10:56:42 pm »

I've run into this problem a few times: I try to log out and the message I get is something like "can't identify url"

I log in and log out again and my name is still listed as logged in.

Any suggestions?

perhaps this has to do with the url you are using to access the site? do you go to http://www.assemblyboard.com or http://www.briantucker.net/bb ? for best results, only use the assemblyboard.com address.

I also have a problem with the changes that SJ did to my post on the SSO thread.

what changes? she can't edit others' posts. what post are you referring to?
vernecarty
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2005, 11:04:26 pm »

You can if you quote them...
Verne
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2005, 11:23:58 pm »

Quote from: brian tucker on Today at 11:56:42 AM

Quote from Vern:
You can if you quote them...

what @#^$% changes? she is a @#$%! Can't anyone see this?? She edits others' posts. what #%^$ post are you referring to?
The last is an example of what she did to mine on Sondra Spews Out.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 11:34:23 pm by moonflower2 » Logged
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2005, 11:40:26 pm »

HELP       HELP             HELP               HELP           HELP           HELP             HELP[/color]

I demand SWIFT retribution!! Sondra changed my post and then quoted it as if it were my changes.

She directly referred to me as a fly!! She threw sand at me and is calling me by a different name.
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2005, 01:10:05 am »

HELP       HELP             HELP               HELP           HELP           HELP             HELP[/color]

I demand SWIFT retribution!! Sondra changed my post and then quoted it as if it were my changes.

She directly referred to me as a fly!! She threw sand at me and is calling me by a different name.

As an alternative, you could just read Psalm 37. Roll Eyes
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2005, 01:59:17 am »

As an alternative, you could just read Psalm 37. Roll Eyes

I'm not fretting, just strumming along and wondering why she can be allowed to change a post here.

I'll buzz off, again. Need something sweet for my coffee. And  my fellow employee has what looks like scraps from her lunch sitting on her desk. I'll take a peek while she's at the copier.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: