AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 09:54:16 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: new boards  (Read 46360 times)
vernecarty
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2005, 02:04:53 am »

HELP       HELP             HELP               HELP           HELP           HELP             HELP[/color]

I demand SWIFT retribution!! Sondra changed my post and then quoted it as if it were my changes.

She directly referred to me as a fly!! She threw sand at me and is calling me by a different name.

You are definitely NOT a fly Moonflower, a gad-fly? Maybe, but that's alll right.... Smiley
Verne
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2005, 02:23:22 am »

I'm not fretting, just strumming along and wondering why she can be allowed to change a post here.

I'll buzz off, again. Need something sweet for my coffee. And  my fellow employee has what looks like scraps from her lunch sitting on her desk. I'll take a peek while she's at the copier.

I remember seeing, on the AK BB, cases where someone's quote was modified to say simply, "I'm a loser."
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2005, 02:48:40 am »

You are definitely NOT a fly Moonflower, a gad-fly? Maybe, but that's alll right.... Smiley
Verne

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Everybody is picking on me!  Everybody id calling me names. Sniff, Sniff.

I think i'm going over to StuckWithTheBarnacles. They're really really nice over there. Grin

Wait til my daddy hears about this. You'll ALL be sorry now.

vernecarty
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2005, 03:08:55 am »

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Everybody is picking on me!  Everybody id calling me names. Sniff, Sniff.

I think i'm going over to StuckWithTheBarnacles. They're really really nice over there. Grin

Wait til my daddy hears about this. You'll ALL be sorry now.

Okay, Okay!!!......here's yer pacifier...!    Smiley
Verne
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2005, 05:11:29 am »

Quote from: Stephen M. Fortescue on Today at 03:10:05 PM
As an alternative, you could just read Psalm 37.

A lot of people have read the 37th Psalm, Steve, and have no idea what it's really about...

I'm not fretting...

...see what I mean?  I suggest meditating upon Psalm 37, and praying for our Lord's guidance in applying it

There's your Pacifier!!! Wink Smiley

In Christ,
al
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2005, 05:48:18 am »

Oh   Huh

I thought I was going to get my own thread as a pacifier. Sad
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2005, 05:52:50 am »

Oh   Huh

I thought I was going to get my own thread as a pacifier. Sad

How can you expect your own thread when they're already chopping off the end of the "2" in your name (or hadn't you noticed?).  You're maybe being eased out of the organization, girl...

al Wink
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2005, 06:13:11 am »

How can you expect your own thread when they're already chopping off the end of the "2" in your name (or hadn't you noticed?).  You're maybe being eased out of the organization, girl...

al Wink

Then my suspicions were correct..........so..........

SWTB here I come
Right back where she quoted from
Open up those heavenly quotes
Barn'cle breezes gather flies......
vernecarty
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2005, 06:18:17 am »

Then my suspicions were correct..........so..........

SWTB here I come
Open up those heavenly quotes
Barn'cle breezes gather flies......

Ahem...er...might I ever so humbly suggest a slight modification of that final couplet to read thusly:

Barn'cle breezes get my goat...
Verne

Er...alternatively the penultimate line could read Open up those heavenly skies (lies works too)...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 06:22:26 am by VerneCarty » Logged
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2005, 06:46:28 am »

Ahem...er...might I ever so humbly suggest a slight modification of that final couplet to read thusly:

Barn'cle breezes get my goat...
Verne

Er...alternatively the penultimate line could read Open up those heavenly skies (lies works too)...

Ah, yes, yes. Very good, very good. (I'm so happy to see that newly found humility coming into play here, otherwise I may have just passed by your, ahem, suggestions.)

We shall try this again:

SWTB here I come,
Open up those heavenly lies,
Barn'cle breezes gather flies.....

I think I'll just leave the last line as is, since, well, I don't want her to know that she could get anyone's goat.  Wink She just might appear again as Dorothy Killgallen or Martha Stewart, or some of the better known entities that have visited from the barnacle boat.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2005, 10:22:12 am »

Moonflower,

Bennet Cerf, Dorothy Kilgallen-- these must be names your parents told you about, because I remember watching them in action, live, on B&W TV! Grin

al Wink
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2005, 11:32:45 am »

Moonflower,

Bennet Cerf, Dorothy Kilgallen-- these must be names your parents told you about, because I remember watching them in action, live, on B&W TV! Grin

al Wink

No one had to tell me their names; they were my family room buddies. "Enter and sign in please!"

Oops. I missed that last wink.

Yes! My parents had us memorize and spell correctly all the names of the panel regulars as a consequence for coming home late for supper.

They told us about B&W Marx days, too and would quiz us on certain episodes. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 10:33:03 pm by moonflower2 » Logged
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2005, 06:18:33 am »

Is there a reason that IHGG CLub is not here anymore?
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2005, 07:13:59 am »

Is there a reason that IHGG CLub is not here anymore?

69 full threads and some posts from 6 other threads vanished during the BB conversion.

A list of the affected threads is attached to my February 25 post in this thread.

Click the quote header to find it:

The link says that the file was downloaded twice.
Both times I was testing the link, so nobody else on the BB has even looked at it.

You need to select a monospaced font to view the list properly.
I set my Notepad program to Lucida Console Bold 9 point font, which is monospaced.

I don't know whether Brian has looked at it, since the BB administrator may have a way to download the attached text file without being recorded by the download counter.

i apologize for the missing posts problem. as a stop-gap measure, i setup a modified version of the old board here:

http://www.assemblyboard.com/oldbb/

wounded pilgrims lost a lot of posts in the conversion. can anyone identify other major areas that lost posts? if i could get help pinpointing what posts need to be restored, then i could import just the missing ones.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: