AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 11:49:50 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: new boards  (Read 46409 times)
Rudy

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2003, 07:38:46 pm »

Mark,

I agree that it may be a hassel, but i always choose to remember and
enter my password here and at other places. Computer security has been
drilled into me over the last 12+ years. If you walked away from your
terminal/computer while logged on or left your username/password on a
post-it note on your monitor - you were held responsible for any
communications under your access. I had a good friend and would tease
him when he would walk away for a while - i would start typing a letter to
our section chief and talk out loud so that he could hear. It got his
attention and all of us in the shop would get a laugh.

I believe it is agreed that we want to know who we are communicating
with. Logging on is simple:
   1. remember your username and password

2. enter username and password

3. don't share your username/password

It all takes less than 10 seconds to log on. Just a better, safer board
this way.

Rudy Kristavcnik
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2003, 07:46:14 pm »

Greetings Mark:
Just a guest among guests eh, Mark? I know you will accept this with the proper humility as would all children of the 60's(the decade of, that is) Grin.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2003, 08:31:13 pm »

Hi Sebastian!
  Yes, just a, Guest among Guests Wink.  Once we all figure out how to adjust to the new BB we will have to get back to some meaningful discussion.
   I will post some thoughts at the Wounded Pilgrim thread that I would appreciate your comments on.
  Rudy- What does logging in for each session have to do with security?  As Sebastian alludes to, I am but an ol' hippie and therefore more skilled at hugging trees than operating a computer.
                                    With Flowers in my hair,  Mark
moonflower
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2003, 07:23:26 am »

Question for the administrator:
Why have John Malone and all his postings been deleted?
brian

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2003, 09:39:06 am »

john malone deleted all of his own posts and his account, of his own accord. i've never banned anyone.

thanks for the security reminders rudy. remembering to click 'logout', and maybe even delete the browser's history, are quick and easy ways to help ensure the security of your account.

it seems that some of you are having the old log-in problem, where you log in, and the board instantly forgets who you are, calling you a guest again. it has been working fine for me, which makes it hard for me to troubleshoot. i will make some changes soon that will hopefully help. keep me informed about these problems.

sometime in the near future i will put several of the potential new domain names for this website on a poll so we can all vote on them.

Email
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2003, 10:10:18 am »

john malone deleted all of his own posts and his account, of his own accord. i've never banned anyone.

So, Johnnny took his toys and went home.  It won't be the same without his love, compassion, and winning ways  Wink  Civility returns! Grin Grin Grin
brian

Email
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2003, 04:31:12 am »

i have made a change that i hope will help with the problems some of you have experienced of being kicked off repeatedly. let me know if you are still having troubles.
retread

Email
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2003, 12:09:17 pm »

From Senior Member to Senior Citizen. Undecided  I am still not sure if this is a good thing. Undecided  Perhaps, someday I will be an Out of Control Poster again.

Anyway, thanks for the new names, Brian. Smiley But I am still a little worried as to what would come after "Senior Citizen". Smiley

and i have no problem with anonymous postings....
From Cry --> Smiley

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

It's tough for an "Out of Control Poster" to keep quiet. Wink But wait, I just checked, I am no longer an "Out of Control Poster". Shocked I am now a "Senior Member". Undecided I somehow feel older all of a sudden.  Smiley

Not that I mind being called "Senior", but are we going to get the "cute" names back? Cheesy

Happy to be back,
Retread

brian

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2003, 07:28:40 pm »

From Senior Member to Senior Citizen. Undecided  I am still not sure if this is a good thing. Undecided  

oh its good. its reeeaaalll good. you get cheap coffee at mcdonalds  Wink

Anyway, thanks for the new names, Brian. Smiley But I am still a little worried as to what would come after "Senior Citizen". Smiley

this is but a hint, a shadow, of good things to come. now we see through a glass, darkly...
lenore
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2004, 09:25:08 pm »

*whew*

ok, i think i have everything installed correctly. poke around, and let me know right away if you see anything more unusual than normal.

:DHello Brian:

I was trying to find a Q & A posts to relaying some questions to ponder.

I was cruising the board as usual.

I resurrected this one.

MY QUESTIONS:

1. Yesterday as I was trying to get onto the board, I had trouble.  It kept coming up Page Cannot be Found. Not matter how much I try to refresh the page, or even back track.  I was able to get on the board, but not on any postings. I couldnt even log in.
 My question is:  HOw come this occurred.?

2. When was the last time the membership list was reviewed.  How come there are so many double entries , even a couple of members have several entries in the list. Just asking?

3.  Is there a record being kept of all the postings.
Just want to know, when I resurrecting a post, that I am not really digging up something, that is better left buried.  Is there an original date when the first post of each thread was created.

Thanks  for taking the time to ponder these questions.

Lenore
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2004, 04:16:25 am »

Brian:

What happened to "geftakysassembly.com" ?  I have tried to pull up the website for the past few days but I keep getting "this page cannot be accessed".  But the assembly board still works.  

What's up?

Matt
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2004, 04:57:19 am »

Matt, Brian,

I have just emailed the question to Steve & Margaret-- hoping they'll reply ASAP...

al
Margaret

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2004, 05:07:25 am »

Hello everyone -

Steve and I discovered last night that the ga.com website is down.  We're in the process of discovering the cause.  A lot of people in this area had trouble with their cable connection after the big rain storm last week, including us, so it could be something along those lines, maybe with Earthlink.  Or it could be the host server, which we have contacted and are awaiting a reply.  Whatever, hopefully it should be fixed soon.

Steve and Margaret
BeckyW

Email
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2004, 07:22:40 am »

Hi Margaret & all-
I'm back off the sidelines to say I hope the site is fixed soon.  We referred people to it recently.  One was a friend from the midwest who hadn't seen Tamilla Palmer's article yet.  The other was someone who called us because they knew we used to be in an assembly.  They had run into some Local Church folks and an existing assembly member in the same week, and noticed that they sounded exactly alike.  
Interesting, since the assembly people we knew ridiculed Local Church people as... cult members.
It's so good to have the website resource.
Appreciatively,
Becky
Margaret

Email
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2004, 01:35:45 am »

Hi everyone -

GA.com is back up.  The problem was that the "rent" had not been paid, as Al so delicately put it to us.  

It's been exactly two years since Brent first put up the website!  An incredible lot has happened since then.  It's amazing how active it still is.  Current daily average stats are:
     Visitors   128
     Pageviews   288
     Hits   354

I hope to have a bit more time to work on it now, and am open to any suggestions for improvements or changes.  Two things I have in mind are 1) book and video reviews  2)  condensed versions of existing long articles  3) adding a section that gives a brief introduction to the assembly for friends/family.  Other ideas are welcome.  

Along the lines of Becky's post, we are being linked to by other websites.  One is a new one put up by Chris and Jenn Lawson, formerly assembly observers from SLO, currently missionaries in Scotland.  The link is http://www.spiritual-research-network.com/  

Cheers,

Margaret

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: