AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 03:16:45 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY DO YOU POST??!!!  (Read 37859 times)
summer007

Email
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2004, 01:30:30 am »

Marcia,   I do agree with you on this point or thinking out-loud....I prefer  "whatsoever things are Good, lovely,etc..and the God of Peace will be with You" from Phil 4. Although we are in a Warfare and we need to fight the good fight of Faith...Some times we are not wresteling with Flesh and Blood as is evident recently....in other posts...I do have to say Verne is one Post I do look forward too...When I first found this sight I did'nt GET his thinking now I do see him as really an Honest Voice of Reason...All these difference make-up our individuality, and uniqueness it would be very boring if we were all the same...God does have a sence of Humor ....God  Bless..Sum007
delila

Email
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2004, 05:33:26 am »

When the attitude is that of 'fighting' then I exclude myself from the discussion.  Some discussions I do not enter because I do not have anything to say or to add to what has been said.  Sometimes it is difficult to remain objective, but it does help a discussion tremendously if we can 'reason together'.  If another chooses to be subjective, then I can still choose to remain objective.  Of course, when we interact with others we expose ourselves for who we are and it is not always a pretty picture.  We could always just become monks and hide out in Never-never-land, but then that closes the door on communication and change.  So many dilemnas...

Marcia

P.S.  This is not in defense of anyone, nor in opposition of anyone.  They are just some thoughts-out-loud about BB communication.
MM
perhaps subjectivity and objectivity are both constructs of our own individual minds, but we can call them what we like, that's the power in thinking, call something a dog and it barks, call it a god and you can worship.
d
M2
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2004, 09:25:32 am »

perhaps subjectivity and objectivity are both constructs of our own individual minds, but we can call them what we like, that's the power in thinking, call something a dog and it barks, call it a god and you can worship.
d

Just the facts Maam! Wink

M
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2004, 10:33:59 am »

We could always just become monks and hide out in Never-never-land...

NO!  I forbid it!  We have enough problems within the order without going co-ed!

Get thee to a nunnery!

Brother Aloicius

delila

Email
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2004, 10:25:44 pm »

Marcia:
About facts: who reports them?  The mouth of some subject, subject to the beliefs of the rest of that body.  I think.
d
M2
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2004, 07:40:02 am »

Marcia:
About facts: who reports them?  The mouth of some subject, subject to the beliefs of the rest of that body.  I think.
d

E.g.

Fact: the holocaust happened.  Why do some people deny that it did??

Fact Wink: Fantasia, Latoya, and Diana are the top three on American Idol.  Why did Latoya get voted out this week and Jasmine remains?

Marcia
lenore
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2004, 08:56:31 am »

Shocked
MARCIA:

JUST SAW YOUR POST: AMERICAN IDOL:
WELL WELL,  HAS TV. INVADE YOUR LIVINGROOM Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley Cheesy Shocked

GOOD FOR YOU:

I WATCH THE LAST TWO AMERICAN IDOLS: BUT I DIDN T
GET HOOK ON THIS SEASON ONE.

DID YOU WATCH LAST YEARS CANADIAN IDOL.

WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR?
I VOTED FOR RYAN OF COURSE. THE OTTAWA VALLEY
PEOPLE MUST STICK TOGETHER  Grin Grin Cheesy Wink

I GUESS I GOT A NEW TOY NOW!!!!! Roll Eyes
THE COMPUTER HAS BECOME MY PAST TIME NOW Grin

WHAT OTHER SHOWS HAVE YOU GOTTEN INTO?

REMEMBER I AM TV ADDICT FROM A WAY BACK:
I HAD SATILLITE: I LIKE WATCHING THE OLD 60'S RERUNS.

BUT SINCE I HAD TO GO TO THE THREE CHANELL THREE STATION TV.

I LIKE CSI, CSI MIAMI, ER, THIRD WATCH, COLD CASE, LAW & ORDER CI,  SUE THOMAS FB EYE(THIS IS MY FAVOURITE NOW),

THOSE ARE THE MAIN ONES.
SINCE I GOT THE COMPUTER MY TV WATCHING HAVE BEEN FOR A VERY SELECTIVE FEW.
SUE THOMAS FB EYE IS ABOUT AN FBI AGENT WHO IS DEAF AND USES HER ABILITY TO READ LIPS , TO HELP HER PARTNERS SOLVE CRIMES ON THE FEDERAL LEVEL.

IT IS NOT VIOLENT, IT JUST A GOOD CLEAN, MYSTERY SOLVING  SHOW.

I USED TO LIKE DIAGNOSIS MURDER WITH DICK VAN DYKE.

THIS WAS ALSO A MYSTERY SHOW, WITH OUT THE  ALL THE DETAIL  VISUAL AIDS.

CSI , SINCE I WAS INTERESTED IN NURSING, THIRTY YEARS AGO, I LIKE MEDICAL SHOWS. TO ME EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE GATHERING EVIDENCE FOR COURT TO SOLVE THE CRIME, IT IS THE GREAT LENGTHS THEY GO THROUGH IN EVIDENCE GATHERING, LAB WORK AND YES THE AUTOPSIES.

THERE WERE A FEW COMEDIES I USE TO WATCH. BUT I GOTTEN AWAY FROM THEM. LIKE I SAID I PERFERRED THE DEJA VIEW ONES OF 60 ERA.

WHAT WAS I TALKING ABOUT? OH YES. AMERICAN IDOL.

REMEMBER PEOPLE ARE PICKY, ONE MINUTE THEY LIKE THIS SO CALLED IDOL, THE NEXT THE OTHER.
MY FAVOURITE SINGING STAR WAS ELVIS PRESLEY.
AS A TEENAGER I HAD DAVID CASSIDY PICTURE UP ON THE WALL, BOBBY SHERMAN.
MUSIC, MOVIE, TV STARS ARE ALL HERE TODAY , GONE TOMORROW.  EXCEPT FOR THE ONES WHO ARE NOW DYING OUT, THEY SEEMED TO HAVE LEFT A LEGACY BEHIND , THAT TODAYS STARS CANT SEEM TO MEET THE STANDARDS.

YOUR BOOK WRITER SISTER IN THE LORD.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2004, 10:35:45 am »

We could always just become monks and hide out in Never-never-land...

NO!  I forbid it!  We have enough problems within the order without going co-ed!

Get thee to a nunnery!

Brother Aloicius

Dear Brother Aloicius: (Is that pronounced A-loo-i-shus? )
The real question is: Can you handle the vow of silence?!     Grin
Verne

Verne,

Close.  It's AL-oh-ISH'-us.

I tried to observe the vow of silence Lips sealed,
                         but somehow I caught a CODE!!! Shocked Roll Eyes

bro. alo. Wink

delila

Email
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2004, 11:56:39 pm »

Marcia:
d

E.g.

Fact: the holocaust happened.  Why do some people deny that it did??

Fact Wink: Fantasia, Latoya, and Diana are the top three on American Idol.  Why did Latoya get voted out this week and Jasmine remains?

Marcia
Jasmine's still in?  Yikes! With the flat performance she gave in the disco set?  Then there is no justice.  Fantasia gone home, Simon must have wept.
d
Oh: about the holocaust: yeah, exactly.  And we were never crucified were we?  Current assembly leaders would see it so, though they served up gall and vinegar and told lies about us, all in 'good faith' though, I'm sure.  
d3z

Email
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2004, 10:11:27 pm »

Jasmine's still in?

My Jasmine is still doing quite nicely.  I can smell it every time I go out the front door.  It is almost overpowering.
delila

Email
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2004, 05:17:44 am »

Jasmine's still in?

My Jasmine is still doing quite nicely.  I can smell it every time I go out the front door.  It is almost overpowering.
here's to things that bloom.  Our tulips, now that the last of the snow left them today, bloom yet. Selah
d
lenore
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2004, 12:28:30 am »

Jasmine's still in?

here's to things that bloom.  Our tulips, now that the last of the snow left them today, bloom yet. Selah
d

The Fragrance of the LILAC are so powerful now.
I have found the  flower this year the colours are so
vivid. You smell the blooms, and you see the blooms.
And the crabby apple blossoms are very pink too. SO pretty, especially if it is near a lilac bush. The pink and purple is very pleasant to the senses. God is good.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2004, 05:21:53 am »

As we traveled through WV, NC, & VA last week & the week before, the honeysuckle was in abundant bloom, so thickly in some places that its sweet aroma would fill the car, even when travelling at freeway speeds.

Why do I post such a thing?  Because the earth declares the Glory of our Lord, and it is pleasing, not only to observe it, but to share it.  Taking time to smell the flowersd is a God-given privilege...

al

editor
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2005, 08:35:52 pm »

It's interesting to see how many of us are still "immediate followers" of someone
showing leadership qualities. Brent made the comment that this BB can be "like"
a poison because of a tendency to wallow in the past, and rehash the old mem-
ories. Now, the BB "IS" pure poison to some. If the BB is pure poison, then I must
be immune. I like this place--it helps us to not repeat the past by remembering how
we stumbled before, and to look towards the future in gratefulness for the truth
that we now know. We can come here and talk about God, or talk about the Beatles, etc.,
or just visit with friends. If that is poison, then fill my glass again.

--Joe

There's two different poisons here:

For the person who wants to live a victim lifestyle, the board is poison when someone makes them feel guilty about being a victim.  They want to be told it's OK, and good to be a victim.

For the person trying to grow and escape their past, and move on in life,  the emotional nature of the discussion here drags them back to the pain they felt when trapped in the group.  They want to find strength and encouragement to heal, but instead only find the old wounds opened up.

Some of us may be immune, but I wonder.....
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2005, 09:04:39 pm »

I had actually deleted the post mentioned below just as Brent was posting. It was unfair
to say that someone was "following" someone else's lead by making the comment they
did. Perhaps Brent is correct in saying that the BB can be like a poison by focusing some
on their "victimization". But to me there are two extremes: You can ALWAYS be the victim,
and that is all you talk about, or you can say "I'm beyond all of that" and act as though
none of it ever happened. There is a danger in both extremes.

In the first extreme you never live beyond what happened before, but in the other extreme
there is the danger of forgetting what happened and repeating the same mistakes. Everyone
has their own definition of what the BB is, or what it should be. When I said I was "immune"
it was a figure of speech--because I know I am drawn to the BB because of the past--to say
differently would be a lie. I am "linked" together with several other people due to a past ex-
perience and life style. Did I first come to the BB to talk about the Beatles? No, I came to
find answers, exchange ideas, and give my own testimony to past events.

As time has gone on I come more and more just to read the tamer threads, to talk about
music, and other every day hobbies, etc., but what links me, and continues to draw all of
the "guests" and "users" to the board is a common Assembly "experience" we all went
through. That was the true poison, not this BB. Brent is correct in stating that it is not
healthy to go through life rehashing the past--and that truly is a type of poison. But in
some ways it will always be with me, like a scar someone has on their face. When someone
asks them "How did you get that?" they repeat the old story "Oh, I fell off a bike when I
was ten years old", etc.  So, like that scar, the Assembly will always be part of me. "Hey,
what do you know about the Assembly?" "Oh, I was part of that group a long time ago,
etc. etc."  The scar doesn't have to keep me from living a great life, but it will always be
a reminder of an error I made a long time ago.

--Joe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: