AssemblyBoard
May 01, 2024, 08:15:00 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY DO YOU POST??!!!  (Read 37853 times)
Humbled by love

Email
« on: February 05, 2003, 04:11:37 am »

Mt 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Lu 6:27
But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Lu 6:35
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Ro 13:10a
Love worketh NO ill to his neighbour:…..

Ga 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Eph 4:2
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Eph 4:15
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1Jo 3:14b
He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1Jo 4:20
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Ask your self the following question:

WHAT IS MY MOTIVE FOR POSTING?

Is it motivated by love???!!!  Do you post out of love, and care for your brother, or sister?  PLEASE consider this!!!!!  

If you find yourself doing this out of hate, or you want a justification for past events, REPENT!!!!  Take six weeks off this web site!  (sorry Brent) Consider your reasons for being on here.  God has called us to love the MOST vile sinners ever!!  God calls us to turn the other cheek, not look for the sinners weak spot and attack.  Many NEED to forget their ideas, agendas, and crusades, and get before God as to how they should approach a situation.  GET IN THE WORD!! We want Gods mind, not another sinners mind!!!  If you don’t have the love for your brother or sister, then ask God for it.  Keep asking yourself, “Do I have room in my heart for this brother/sister?”, and “Why am I posting this message?  Is it from Christ, or is it my personal agenda?”  You can have the greatest words, the richest thoughts, but without love it's just a sound!

1Co 13:1
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not
charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

If you find you are here out of GENUINE care and compassion for your sisters and brothers, and would REALLY, truthfully, with out a doubt forgive them for their past sins, then stay and continue to pray, post, and believe God for these people.

Don't reply to this post telling me why you post!!!  It is a searching question.  It's for you to ask yourself, and if you find you are doing it in love, then as I said before, continue.  I haven't named names, said anyone wasn't posting it out of love, so if you feel convicted, and blow up at me for posting what the bible says, you need to seriously put your heart under the magnifying lens.

READ 1 COR. 13!!!!!!!
Humbled by love

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 04:25:07 am »

Oh, and I might reveal who I am in the future.  Grin
BenJapheth
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 04:28:26 am »

Yep.... Amen.

Mt 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Lu 6:27
But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Lu 6:35
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Ro 13:10a
Love worketh NO ill to his neighbour:…..

Ga 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Eph 4:2
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Eph 4:15
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1Jo 3:14b
… He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1Jo 4:20
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Ask your self the following question:

WHAT IS MY MOTIVE FOR POSTING?

Is it motivated by love???!!!  Do you post out of love, and care for your brother, or sister?  PLEASE consider this!!!!!  

If you find yourself doing this out of hate, or you want a justification for past events, REPENT!!!!  Consider your reasons for being on here.  God has called us to love the MOST vile sinners ever!!  God calls us to turn the other cheek, not look for the sinners weak spot and attack.  Many NEED to forget their ideas, agendas, and crusades, and get before God as to how they should approach a situation.  GET IN THE WORD!! We want Gods mind, not another sinners mind!!!  If you don’t have the love for your brother or sister, then ask God for it.  Keep asking yourself, “Do I have room in my heart for this brother/sister?”, and “Why am I posting this message?  Is it from Christ, or is it my personal agenda?”  You can have the greatest words, the richest thoughts, but without love it's just a sound!

1Co 13:1
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not
charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

If you find you are here out of GENUINE care and compassion for your sisters and brothers, and would REALLY, truthfully, with out a doubt forgive them for their past sins, then stay and continue to pray, post, and believe God for these people.

Don't reply to this post telling me why you post!!!  It is a searching question.  It's for you to ask yourself, and if you find you are doing it in love, then as I said before, continue.  I haven't named names, said anyone wasn't posting it out of love, so if you feel convicted, and blow up at me for posting what the bible says, you need to seriously put your heart under the magnifying lens.

READ 1 COR. 13!!!!!!!
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 04:46:43 am »

Thank you.  
God Bless you.
wmathews

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 06:42:44 am »

Dear Humbled by Love,
    Human nature in its fallen state is unbalanced. This is sometimes seen on this BB, either by blind defense of the assembly status quo, or by iconoclastic destruction. I appreciate this thread as it seems to want to strike a balance from a biblical standpoint. seen in I Cor. 13. Never forget the ministry we have received is one of reconciliation, even in the unpleasant business of exposing sin. This is a needed reminder to all of us involved. If your motive here is to 'settle the score' against an offender, consider whether you are engaging in Christ's work or someone else's.
'But Jesus, on his part, was not entrusting himself to them (the crowd), for He knew all men....for He Himself knew what was in man.'  JN 2:24-25
editor
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 06:53:57 am »

Dear Wayne

May we never try to settle a score.  Vengeance is the Lord's.

We are given a Biblical mandate to expose the unfruitful works of darkness.  Furthermore, we have an example of this work in the person of Paul the Apostle, particularly with the Galatian False Apostles.

That is what I am attempting to do with the website, and what I am hoping to spark others to do locally.  If people had been willing to speak up years ago, this would not be necessary.  

Sadly, even now, with all the evidence, there are still people who think that George is godly, blah blah.  I find this deeply disturbing.

I can understand why people want to preserve the Assembly, even if I don't agree with their desire, but I have no idea how someone can still serve George.

In addtion to this, I am concerned that some of George's disciples will attempt to rise up and try for their day in the sun, at the expense of the freedom and joy of God's people.

If someone disagrees with something going on here, with regard to MY actions, (not someone else's)  please email me, or call me.  I am easily entreated, but have little patience for, "You are being divisive, it's all lies."  If you think something is untrue, say so, but don't yell, "It'a all lies!"  We all know it isn't.

Brent
wmathews

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 07:05:00 am »

Hey Brent,

I appreciate your response and I believe a genuine mark of your authenticity is your willingness to be accountable to input/correction.  That was and is a major issue that people (moi included) need to repent of who have followed 'this ministry'.  This humble openness to correction is such a refreshment to see in spiritual leaders. I met today with one of the pastors of New Covenant Fellowship, where we have recently visited, and he was refreshingly and disarmingly frank about his faults and limitations, at the same time exalting Christ. It was such an expression of grace! Anyway, this openness is expressed in your response, Brent.  All of us, let's meet before the throne of grace before we post.
Wayne
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003, 07:41:11 am »

Sadly, even now, with all the evidence, there are still people who think that George is godly, blah blah.  I find this deeply disturbing.

It is not us who changes this.  Truth has been brought to light. Let God work in hearts.

Also, I asked before and am not sure if you answered, does your "Take 6 weeks off" include the web site?  My reasoning is based on the purpose behind the 'sabbatical' being to step outside the "assembly box" and to help view the problem by removing everything from fellowship to meetings to communication (to an extent i know).  Leaving the website on seems to only hinder rather than make this effectual.
psalm51

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 07:46:57 am »

It is not us who changes this.  Truth has been brought to light. Let God work in hearts.

Also, I asked before and am not sure if you answered, does your "Take 6 weeks off" include the web site?  My reasoning is based on the purpose behind the 'sabbatical' being to step outside the "assembly box" and to help view the problem by removing everything from fellowship to meetings to communication (to an extent i know).  Leaving the website on seems to only hinder rather than make this effectual.
Luke,
May I suggest that before someone takes those 6 weeks off that they read this website - at least the articles. I've talked to people who say things like "the website is  full of lies" and when I ask them if they've read it, they say, "well, no, but I've heard about it."  I think if one is going to take a sabbatical one ought to at the very least have the information that the articles provide so they can make an informed decision in their 6 week sabbatical with God.
Was that 2 cents or 3? Wink
Pat
dan

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2003, 07:49:13 am »

In order to win you !!

Paul posted too .....(spoke out)

He went to the temple and  told the truth
But they only saw hatred ..

Yet he showed Love ....
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2003, 07:59:51 am »

Luke,
May I suggest that before someone takes those 6 weeks off that they read this website - at least the articles. I've talked to people who say things like "the website is  full of lies" and when I ask them if they've read it, they say, "well, no, but I've heard about it."  I think if one is going to take a sabbatical one ought to at the very least have the information that the articles provide so they can make an informed decision in their 6 week sabbatical with God.
Was that 2 cents or 3? Wink
Pat

i was assuming that if they were considering the 6 weeks off, that they had read the articles in the first place - leading them to seriously consider what they should do Grin

editor
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2003, 08:19:40 am »

Dear Luke

If you take six weeks off the Assembly, and it's meetings, then you may also take six weeks off the website.  I give you permission to do this.   Wink

If you say you are taking six weeks off, and then don't, I will give you a consequence. Grin

I have no problem with people taking six weeks off BOTH the website and the Assembly.  However, it is most important to take time off of the latter.

Forget the website and read these books on your six weeks vacation:

The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse--David Johnson

Be Free--Warren Wiersbe

Why Grace Changes Everything--Chuck Smith (this one is pulp, you'll read it in an hour, but it is a great book.)

The Bible---but not too much...you have already been indoctrinated as to what it all means. That's why you need six weeks off!!

We won't see you around for a while then?

Brent

jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2003, 08:33:43 am »

If you take six weeks off the Assembly, and it's meetings, then you may also take six weeks off the website.  I give you permission to do this.   Wink

If you say you are taking six weeks off, and then don't, I will give you a consequence. Grin

I have no problem with people taking six weeks off BOTH the website and the Assembly.  However, it is most important to take time off of the latter.

Forget the website and read these books on your six weeks vacation:

I didnt mean my comment as a demand for that condition to be added, i was just wondering what you thought. Smiley
(it was also meant to help answer the goal of the furlow - at least in my mind)
wolverine

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2003, 12:22:47 pm »

I post because I'm unhappy...I'm unhappy because I post...its a viscious cycle...

JohnMaloneFan
BenJapheth
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2003, 03:19:55 am »

Hey, Mark I like you, buddy!

You're okay with me!

Chuck Vanasse
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: