AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 03:15:50 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY DO YOU POST??!!!  (Read 37858 times)
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2003, 03:28:35 am »

Mark,

I'm glad you acknowledged who you were and that you started this thread.  I, for one (a 39 year old with a 16 year old daughter) will listen to you ESPECIALLY because you are a 17 year old Wink.  I don't know what your other reasons are, but one of the things that I think was greatly lacking when I was in the assembly, was the micromanaging of our children tended to bring about NOT LISTENING to our children.  Children have a lot to say!  The Lord gave us these kind of parables, remember?

Some of my most enjoyable dialogues have been occurring with the youth on this BB.

Please keep dialogueing with us, we need you here.
Heide

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2003, 02:46:07 am »

Why do I post?

I post because.... No one ever forgets what happened in SLO. Even if I have to become the tinkling cymbal or the big drum.  Abuse occured where there is no love. No love, no grace, no responsibility for our own actions, no fruits of the spirit, no self-control. I think it is airy fairy (couldn't resist) to talk about love and what our motivations are to post here. My motivation: JUSTICE! Plain and simple.....
Rudy

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2003, 11:11:05 pm »

'airy fairy' - i've heard that a few times somewhere  Roll Eyes
Heide

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2003, 01:40:26 am »

Nice to see you back Rudy!
Arlene

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2003, 05:06:26 am »

Mark,
You keep posting and don't worry about those who may not listen because you are 17.

I post in hopes of being an encouragement to others.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2003, 04:28:32 pm »

Why do I post?

I post because.... No one ever forgets what happened in SLO. Even if I have to become the tinkling cymbal or the big drum.  Abuse occured where there is no love. No love, no grace, no responsibility for our own actions, no fruits of the spirit, no self-control. I think it is airy fairy (couldn't resist) to talk about love and what our motivations are to post here. My motivation: JUSTICE! Plain and simple.....

Heide,

i ran across this quote today,
and it reminded me of your post:

"I have always found that mercy bears
     richer fruits than strict justice."
              Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
              16th U.S. President

brother al

Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2003, 10:33:12 pm »

I simply do not understand why people keep on complaining about the posts on this website.  If you don't like what is going on, you are not obligated to even come in here.  I have said this before, and I will say it here again: I refuse to be silent about all I have experienced in the Assembly.  I am a human being with emotions, and I feel free to express them.
Rudy

Email
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2003, 10:50:25 pm »

Eulaha,

To put it in a nutshell - there are people fresh out of the assembly that are
defending it. Others don't see the abuse as a big deal. I for one am in
agreement with you. There have been several occasions in private and in
public where I have been 'pressed' to be silent. Actually their behavior can
be considered harassment. But that decision would rest with the Moderator  Cool

Rudy
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2003, 11:19:01 pm »

Ok, I get it now Rudy.  I guess I was the same way when I first left the Geftakys cult.  

It just makes me mad (yes-an EMOTION!!!) when people come in here  telling us to behave a certain way.  That is so Assembly like.  I refuse!  I promise to be as respectful as possible, but in no way will I hide my feelings.  God felt all of our human emotions, and he thought nothing of expressing them.  Why can't I???
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2003, 01:43:44 am »

Eulaha---

I agree with you 100%. Posting how you really
feel is very important. As I have mentioned before
in another post: there are those today who if they
were to go back in time to the day when Jesus cleansed
the temple, whipping people and overturning tables
in anger, would say to him "That's not very Christ-like
of you Jesus". I've always felt that the Geftakys Assembly
website and Bulletin Board are a "cleansing of the Temple"
so to speak, where the Assembly and it's practices were brought to light and exposed for what they are. Speaking harshly and truly about our experiences there is a good thing--it helps us all realize how many people were deeply hurt there, and how many more have never let their feelings out--who really need to do so to get free. "Don't speak hasrshly about the practices of brother George" is like telling Jesus "drop the whips and stop turning over the tables Jesus, be kind instead". So keep telling it the way it is Eulaha-----and God bless you.      --Joe
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2003, 09:52:49 pm »

I received an E-mail regarding my last post and wanted
to clarify it. i am not encouraging vindictiveness by any means--I am simply stating that expressing your emotions is part of the process of healing. Healing takes many steps--one of those steps is anger--you become angry when you realize that much of what you suffered and went through was unnecssary and wrong. If you weren't allowed this step in the process it would be stifled and you would never come to a place of healing. It's like being "ripped off" or stolen from--how can you NOT be angry? Should your response be "Oh, my car's been stolen--but perhaps the person needed a car far more than I do--let him have it, I refuse to be angry--being angry is unchristian"? No--of course you're going to be angry--someone just ripped you off.  The person who Emailed me stated that the sheep who have recently left the Assembly need to realize" there is a way to be free of anger"--I agree with this---but the way you get past the anger is by expressing it first!! If someone tries to stifle the emotions you are trying to let out they are hurting you far more than helping you. I was also told that Jesus himself cleansed the Temple, not his disciples. But Jesus isn't here physically--if Brent Tr0ckman hadn't picked up the whips and turned over some tables this BB and the Assembly website would not exist. For anyone on this bulletin board to try and stifle the anger anyone is feeling ,ESPECIALLY newly departed ones, is wrong for that is EXACTLY what the Assembly did--they stifled emotions, called sadness "sin in your life" or anger
unchristian. There is nothing wrong with someone coming on this Bulletin Board and expressing EXTREME ANGER at the Assembly---and I'll repeat that---there is nothing wrong with being angry---newly departed ones---if you feel angry it's HUMAN--I repeat, HUMAN--don't be afraid of being angry!! There are those who would try to stifle that and call it wrong, just like the Assembly did---don't believe it. Express yourself--if you need to cry, cry. If you need to scream, scream. That's all part of healing!! So, once again, I say I agree with Eulaha 100%--I choose to be human, not a Geftakysite.

sincerely,  Joe
Rudy

Email
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2003, 10:09:03 pm »

quote> There is nothing wrong with someone coming on this Bulletin Board and expressing EXTREME ANGER at the Assembly <quote

To Joe and all else concerned:

Don't cross the line or even see how close you can get to it when
expessing anger. 'Be angry but sin not'. If you want to express
extreme anger w/ someone do it personally. There are still
'consequences'  Wink
brian

Email
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2003, 10:56:59 pm »

There is nothing wrong with someone coming on this Bulletin Board and expressing EXTREME ANGER at the Assembly---and I'll repeat that---there is nothing wrong with being angry---newly departed ones---if you feel angry it's HUMAN--I repeat, HUMAN--don't be afraid of being angry!!

do you make a difference in your mind between 'the assembly' and the people of which it is comprised? if yes, then would you support expressing extreme anger towards individuals in the assembly, or only the assembly system, or both? either way, when exactly does someone stop being assembly? and when they stop being assembly, should you stop being angry with them? just because they are no longer assembly does not mean they did not do the things they did, any more than you can erase the things you may have done when you were in the assembly that pissed others off.

its is not healthy to repress your emotions. it is not healthy for you to abandon yourself to them either. it seems to me that working ourselves into a big cathardic frenzy is only letting the unhealthy aspects of the assembly system, which we already fed into once, control us again. when the assembly is no longer affecting our decisions, either proactively or reactively, then we are truly free. this is a complex topic - i'm just thinking out loud here.

So, once again, I say I agree with Eulaha 100%--I choose to be human, not a Geftakysite.

its human to join the assembly. its human to leave. its human to be extremely angry, and its human to forgive. sorry, there are no easy, clear-cut, black and whites here. thats why i want this board to be a place where people still in the assembly can be comfortable posting, and people out of the assembly can be comfortable posting. to say that neither party has a right to the feel the way they are currently feeling is invalidation. i want people to be able to get things off of their chest here, and i don't want people to adopt posting habits that are destructive to the community.
vbeers

Email
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2003, 01:15:12 am »

so what exactly does that mean, brian?  we can post as we see fit or we should watch what we say and express in our posts?
brian

Email
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2003, 01:40:32 am »

so what exactly does that mean, brian?  we can post as we see fit or we should watch what we say and express in our posts?

as you see fit, certainly. i was just discussing the topic, not trying to tell people they were out of line. sorry if i came across too strong. anyone who disagrees with or wants to expand on what i wrote, i'd like to hear your thoughts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: