AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 01:50:20 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SHARING SUNDAY SERVICES SERMONS  (Read 27442 times)
lenore
« on: June 28, 2004, 09:19:23 am »

:)JUNE 28: 12:09 AM

SUNDAY JUNE 27: EVENING SERVICES:
HELD AT ROBERT SIMPSON PARK:

Special Music Night at the Park:
It had rained on and off all day.

Even during the services , the wind pick up and blowing, and the clouds threatening rain.

GOD HAD HIS MIGHTY HAND UPON THIS EVENING!

People from CALVARY BAPTIST CHURCH here in Arnprior,
have musical talents. There was at least 6 songs sang by people from our congregation.

The message was a strong gospel message:
One of the beautiful happenings is that when the message got to a certain point, the sun came out bright, clear, and warm.

The message was one story of Naaman:

HOW DO WE MEASURE SUCCESS?
Naaman was a successful man, He was a mighty man of valour. Due to his victories over battle, accumulated bounty from those battles he was a weathly man.
He also had prestige and power being a general of an army.

Despite of this Naaman was a leper.
How many times does it take a tragedy to get peoples attention?
Naaman was facing death, and he realize he had a problem , a problem he didnt have the answer to solve.

Naaman came to point where he was facing death and judgement.  
Despite of all the successes Naaman had, he was still a sinner, falling short of God's glory. Sin is a fatal disease.
Naaman had every thing.
Naaman had a slave girl who had nothing, but she had the answer. She pointed Naaman to the prophet , that could point Naaman to the one , who can gives miracles from heaven.
Today sinners Jesus paid the penalty of sin, Jesus can cure our sins.

Naaman , go a letter from the governor, got money together, went to the king.
King tore his clothes becasue he couldnt cure Naaman.
Naaman made the mistake , by going to the wrong person  for his answers.
There is no way we can do to earn our way to heaven.
God has no favours to those who comes in front from him for judgement. The only answer is Jesus.
The prophet Elisha, sent a message to Naaman to come and see him. He had the answer to his problem.
Elisha problem to Naaman was to go dip in the Jordan  seven times.  
Naaman was furious, because the answer was too simple for a man of prestige. Like Naaman , many people dont want to do what is necessay to be saved.
One answer to the problem of sin is Jesus.
Naaman servant talk Naaman in to doing what Elisha asked him to do . To listen to God's prophet.
Naaman was looking for an answer. Humble himself.
Went and dipped seven times in the Jordan. Upon raising out of the Jordan that seventh time, he had skin like a new born baby.  God makes us brand new.
Naaman proclaimed when he came out of the water
Now I know that there is a God of Heaven.
(THIS IS WHERE THE SUN CAME OUT)
God sent a greater prophet in the Lord Jesus to die for us. Salvation is offer to any and all who humble themselves. I am a sinner in need of a saviour.
Jesus will save them. Those who know Christ is not just a story, but is a reality. There isnt a softer message than the truth of the choice of heaven and hell. Truth of wonders of being saved , so we might know the Glory of Heaven .
Naaman is an example of who made the right choice.
God proves that he loves us, by offering his Son to Calvary, because God doesnt want any to perish.

:DThere were a few in park, that stayed just beyond the congregation gathering, but we able to hear the message, due to the sound system Cheesy
 :DIt was an excellent Sunday Evening Services Cheesy

lenore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 08:39:20 am »

:DJULY 25 AT 11:34 PM EST:

HAPPY LORD'S DAY TO YOU

I was busy Sunday am service teaching junior church.

The Sunday Evening Service, the speaker was a substitute due to a vacation Pastor B.

The Passage was PSALM 40:1-4
(taking it from the NKJV)
  I waited patiently for the Lord, And he inclined to me, And heard my cry.
  He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay. And set my feet upon a rock. And established my steps.
  He has put a new song in my mouth- Praise to our God: Many will see it and fear. And will trust in the Lord.
  Blessed is that man wh makes the Lord his trust. And does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

(I am going on memory alone)
Pastor"BL" told us that "A NEW SONG' means a different one.

SONGS : A SONG OF DELIVERANCE
               A SONG OF DIRECTION
               A SONG OF DEVOTION

Pastor"BL" told us that how people in David time would dig pits, for animal to fall into, but sometime people who are out at night would fall in to, usually people who are thieves, robbers, and other wicked practices.
When they fell, they would shout to get out, but the pit would be of such construction, that their shout would echo within the pit, that would cause the one in the pit to go deaf. The pit was line with clay at the bottom and the walls so there was no way out. The more someone would struggle to get out the more they sunk deeper in the miry clay.
  Vs: 1 "I waited Patiently for the Lord" It is the one who submits to the trusting the Lord to help them, instead of struggling under their own devised, that the Lord will incline his ear to.
VS:2 "And he set my feet upon the rock" This rock is the Rock of Security, The Rock of Salvation, The Rock is the Saviour of Jesus Christ.
VS:3 "Praise to our God" this is our Worship.
"Worship" means a kiss to the deliverer.
By our worshipping God we are sending God our kisses of affection and love.  God made us to love him.
VS:3 "Many will see it and fear" this is our Witnessing.
Every House of Worship, the neighbourhood is watching and seeing.  Like the apostles after the Pentecost,  how people said they are uneducated, not of high social status, but they also said "they were with Jesus" They witnessed this.
Pastor"BL" applied these verses to the Christian Salvation and the Christian Walk.
As God delivers us. He gives us a new direction, and guides/leads us in that direction. As we realize where we came from the pit of sin, we realize where we are, secure in Jesus hand that will never let us go, and we realize where we are going, our eternal home. These causes us to have a new song of worship and a witnesses for our Saviour.
lenore
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 08:20:15 am »

Smiley:

August 15th at 11:19 pm Arnprior's Time.

END OF A LORD'S DAY. It was a beautiful warm summery day.

God priviledge me to sign four songs to day.

VICTORY IN JESUS
AS WE GATHER
KING OF THE NATION
BEHOLD WHAT MANNER

The sermon from the pulpit was preached through God's servants Pastor B.

Passage was on 1Thess 4:13 to 1 Thess 5:11

With reference scriptures of
Isaiah 64
Isaiah 61
Luke 21
Matthew 24

Topic was on the 2nd coming of Christ.

The Title of the Sermon was Great Stirrings.

Breakdown:  1 Thess 4:13 to 18  Christ Salvation
                     1 Thess 5: 1 to 11   Our Response.

Using the NIV Bible.

1Thess 4: 13 to 1Thess 5:11
The year of Redemption, the coming back of Christ.

Isaiah 61 was the Year of the Lord's Favour:
             Year Christ died on the Cross , for a way to reconcile us to God.

He also compared this with times of Noah.
How God didnt close the door to the ark until the last minute, encase someone wanted to repent, and accept God .

Even today, God will not close the door on redemption until the last minute. The last minute is when Jesus will return on the cloud to gather his people, the one who are in the grave, then the one who are alive.

He also brought into the sermon that Christian are Jesus Bride. The reality that when we accept Jesus as Saviour we are part of that bride.
As a bride, does a bride get ready in the dark. Does she wait until the last minute before jumping out of bed and get ready. Does she play into the sandbox in her wedding clothes.

He compared that the Bride who plays in the dirt, Christian who dapple in Sinful acts.

There were many other points he brought out in that 20 minute sermon.

He asked the people who were in the pews to pray, about Non Christian, not to miss out before the door is finally closed and it is too late.
For the Bride who is playing in the dirt, to allow the Holy SPirit to help us analyze the area where we need to make pure.
Or for the one who is getting dressed in the dark.

Then the closing hymn was( verse one)

JUST AS I AM WITHOUT ONE PLEA:
Just as I am, without one plea, But that thy blood was shed for me.
And that Thou bidd'st me to come to Thee.
O Lamb of God, I come , I come.

lenore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 02:38:39 am »

Smiley: HAPPY LORD'S DAY TO YOU EVERY ONE.
It is a beautiful August 22, evening at 5:45 pm.
The sun is warm, the breeze is giving off a sweet smelling cool air.

This Sunday we had a speaker. A former Pastor of our church.
Pastor F. and his family was up. Pastor F. is originally from Zimbawawe. He was a professional soccer player over in Africa.
He came to shepherd this church back in 1995, after our church suffered a split, was shaken to the very foundation.
He was living in Ottawa, and going to University to complete is PHD.
He was a part of this small town community for about 4 years.
He stood out in the town's ministrial for a number of reasons, one is that he was the only black minister in town.  Another he was able to blended in , in a primary white community and church. He fit right in. When he transferred to Markham, they were many tears and blessings for him to go.
I always threatened I would tie him into his chair in his office and lock the office door. I even reminded him that , a few months ago at a funeral he came up to one of the elderly congregational members. I should of kept you tie to that office.
I saw today, that he has grown in his preaching.
His girls have grown so much, especially the youngest one who is now 13. I almost didnt recognized her.
His wife M. and all three girls , along with their head pianist and his wife who travelled up with him, gave a special music contribution of worship.
I got in my couple of hugs.

THIS IS PART 1 OF SUNDAY AUGUST 22.
lenore
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 02:56:13 am »

:)PART 2 OF AUGUST  22 SUNDAY SERMON
PREACHED BY PASTOR F.

SCRIPTURE PASSAGE: MARK 14: 12-26

TITLE OF SERMON: 'THE QUESTION FOR THE DAY'

THE QUESTION: " Where do you want us to go and make preparation for you to eat the Passover"

This question of the disciples came out of knowing who Jesus is.

Foundation:
1. Have a Close Relationship exercise daily walk with the Lord.
to know where to go with God.

2. God await for us to ask / raise the question
Where do you want us to go

3. Something is not done because we haven't ask the question.

4. We miss out on a blessing because we forget to ask the question.

Worship is done on a cooperatively level.

We need to think of the larger picture. Instead of asking about me or I, we should be thinking as we.

Pastors: need to ask God "Where do you want us to Go.
Leadership of the Church:
Church it self,

needs to ask Jesus where do you want us to go.

Matt 9: 36-38: Ask the Lord of the Harvest.

Mark 14:13: Lord has already  has the plan .
He is waiting for the disciples to ask the right question.
Jesus had the plan already when he told them what to do.

Mark 14:16: the disciples already found the things  as Jesus had told them.
The disciples followed the divine plan in obedience of the instruction of Jesus.
There is joy in walking in obedience to Jesus's Word.

God speaks to us to this very day.
Sometimes  God sends someone to lay the foundation , but we have to ask the question.

Mark 14: 17-21:
Even as the plan to where we are to go , Something happens.
Mark 14:22-24:
Jesus took ordinary stuff , turn them into instruments that will accomplish is his purpose.
i.e. bread and the cup
Jesus took our sin, took our spot, transform ordinary people into special people.
Jesus makes special meanings out of the ordinary.

" All my confusions he can understand"
He can make something beautiful out of our lives.
Allow us to take us and bring us under His submission.
'HAVE YOU BEEN TAKEN BY THE LORD, THE PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIVES IS NOW CHANGED.

i.e.: Moses's staff
       Boy's five loaf and 2 fishes

"Where do you want to go, we must cooperate with God.
We must ask God on a daily basis, WHERE DO YOU WANT US TO GO. ''THE QUESTION FOR THE DAY''
ASK THE QUESTION
GOD WILL PROVIDE THE ANSWERS
GOD WILL SHOW US.

ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS, THERE ARE BLESSING.
ASK GOD TO TRANSFORM US INTO AN INSTRUMENT OF HIS GRACE.
TRANSFORM LIVES BECOMES WHEN GOD TAKES US  MAKE US WITH GOD WITH SKIN ON, TO BE HIS WITNESSES TO REPRESENT HIMSELF HERE ON EARTH.

Exhaltation about weekly Prayer Meetings: That Prayer Meeting is where the action is. That is were the work begins.
That what happens on Sundays is a reflection of what occurs during the Prayer Meetings. The place where we can asked on bent knees  "WHERE DO YOU WANT US TO GO LORD"

lenore
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 07:02:44 am »

:)HAPPY LORD'S DAY
 OF AUGUST 29TH
AT 9:42 PM [ARNPRIOR TIME]

Pastor B was on vacation this week with his family, so one of the men, who is also a trained pastor took over the sermons today.
I taught Junior Church this morning, so I will be sharing the evening message. As per usual, the last Sunday of the month, there is also a evening fellowship get together for refreshments of both food and friendship.

SPEAKER: Pastor BL. Cool

TOPIC: BEING CONTENT:
Passages: Phil 4:1-10

Society is build on discontentment. Satan uses society's ploy to make God's people discontent. It is Satan's ploy to breed dissatisfaction.

It is the mark of God's people is contentment with their God and His Word, His Work and with Other Believers.
It is the mark of God's people to face tragedy, difficulties, trails, losses, death, with contentment. It is mark of God's people to handle these with differences from the world.
It is the mark of God's people to say 'I HAVE ENOUGH'

Ps: 23: I shall not want
Ps: 63: My soul be satisfied

Challenge: Think - work place - daily contacts & tasks - is my testimonly to the world, - is my contentment in one's God, and His Work.

God people have all they need in the God of heaven.

Example: Joseph/brother who sold him:
SOME PEOPLE ARE CONTENT IN THEIR SIN

Moses/abusive task master he killed, fled to the desert.
SOME PEOPLE ARE CONTENT WITH LESS THAN GOD'S BEST

Aaron sons destroyed by God.
SOME PEOPLE ARE CONTENT WITH LESS THAN TRUE OBEDIENCE TO GOD.

Modern Christian churches:
SOME PEOPLE ARE CONTENT WITH COMPROMISE.

PHIL: 4 is the framework for CONTENTMENT.

Phil 1: 28-30: Philippians were facing extremely difficult times.
Paul told them to show to the adversaries that you are content.

Phil 4: 1-3: Contentment appreciate your fellowships:
Fellowship with each other. Being content has nothing to do with what we have.  Appreciate the relationships we have.
True Contentment come from the relationships we have
With God, with family , with fellowship in the church, and with friends.
Every other relationships are impacted by the quality in the relationship with the Lord Jesus. Leaning on Jesus during difficulties , flows out to our families. Contentment grows in the soil of selflessness.   Believers are to be willing to be allowed to be loved by others.

Phil: 4-4: Cultivate a Spirit of Rejoicing:
Rejoicing occurs in the N.T. 70X's . We need to cultivate an attitude of rejoicing. We need to see what things are right in a situation, than what is wrong with the situation.
We need to REMEMBER - 'GOD IS IN CONTROL'.  The potential is to cultivate a spirit of rejoicing. The Philippians were being persecuted for their faith.

Phil 4:5 - Learn to accept less than what is our due.
The world wants 'RIGHTS',  In verse 5: "let your moderation" KJV ( translated from Hebrew means 'REASONABLE")
Jesus is o ur example of accepting less than his due, giving up his rights for our sake.
'SPIRIT OF YIELDNESS' doesnt demand of our rights.

Phil 4:5: Confident Faith in the Lord
Dont lose sight that the Lord is right beside you.
Psalms'Ye keep faith will not slumber"
Jesus will not sleep, as if he is saying, There is no need for both of us to stay awake. All of us dont have to worry about the same problem. It is a belief 'GOD IS ABLE', It is a belief that GOD IS PRESENT, and that GOD IS SOVEREIGN.

Phil 4: 6-7: Contentment , a heart to problems with thankful prayes.  'EVERYTHING GIVE THANKS' . Face with difficult times, pray with THANKSGIVING, we will have PEACE.
Peace that comes with communication with prayers offered up to the Father. By  pouring our hearts to the one who can solve our problems. Prayer strengthen the relationship with God, place our burdens, pour our hearts upon his shoulder, which we can lean on. GOD SHOULDER IS BIG ENOUGH.
Praying with Thankfulness through difficulties, must be cultivated, we have to work at it, because it does not come naturally. DONT LET A MOMENT PASS FROM GIVING GOD YOUR BURDEN. If you worry, then deal with your relationship with God.

Phil 4:8: Focus on the positive:
Think about the good things, spend time , find contentment, focus on the positive.  Cultivating, training ourselves through the work of the Spirit, focus on the Word of God.  If  we do, we will not be surprised, as our hearts are filled with the good virtues that God can give us. As the  Word of God dwells in us. Purpose to desire to cultivate positive and it also protects us against the negative.

Phil 4:9: Follow a Right Example:
Paul is saying to follow the right pattern, Follow a life that is a live example of following Jesus.
Discipleship.
Focus on Jesus , those who set their heart, and their lives on following Jesus.

Conclusion:  Our lives are marked to demonstrate contentment with God, His Word, His work and his people.
ALL WE EVER NEED AND WANT IS FOUND IN THE LORD JESUS.

lenore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 08:48:01 am »

:DHAPPY LORD'S DAY TO YOU ALL:
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH AT 11:24 PM Arnprior Time.

SUNDAY EVENING SERVICES
PASTOR B.

TOPIC: IMITATION: WISE OR UNWISE?
Passage: Ephesian 5:1-20

Those of us who are involved in service within the church environment, GOD HAS CALLED YOU.

www. jesusplan.com
-Sunday School teacher who loves God, will transfer the love of God to the student.

Love is important to our ministry. God has called us to our ministries.
1 Cor 13: Love is the most excellent way. All of the passage of 1 Cor 13 is on the force of God's love.
Ministries will be empty if they are not based on God's love.

Eph: 5:1 Be imitators of God.
WHAT DID GOD DO TO BE IMITATORS OF GOD?

Eph: 4:32:
Life of love is an attitude of giving, if we dont like giving we will be miserable Christian!
Imitation of God is to be freely giving out of love.
When we give, we are imitating God.
As we imitate God, it will be painful, we will get use to it, we will be strengthen by it. It is giving of ourselves.

IMITATING CHRIST IS A SACRIFICE
Giving enters the realm of imitating Christ as a sacrifice.
Romans 12 - be a living sacrifice.
Imitating God, and imitating Christ is not easy.
John 15:12&13:
Jesus understanding is in the life of love, is needed in effective ministry in the life of the Christian.
Satan doesnt want us to be imitators of Christ.

Eph 5:15: There are choice: Living wisely or following our own desires and living unwisely.
There is only one way that leads us to a life of love.

UNWISE : Eph 5:3-7
REALITY OF UNWISE LIFE
-A life that is trapped in sin.
-it is seen all around us in society
IT IS THE OBVIOUS SIN
We shouldnt be surprise that the world is behaving like the world.
OBVIOUS SIN, is evident all around us, so that is it easily imitated in our lives.
When we see it in the church, we become surprised. It affects life of love, life of effective ministry because of the pull of the sins of the world, when the christian becomes entice of these obvious sins.
When the Christian fails to come to church, their space in God's House becomes dark.
WE CHRISTIANS NEED TO SHINE OUR LIGHT.
To fight the imitation of the world is to become imitators of God, by committing our lives to imitation of God and of Christ.
Eph 5:5: Imitating the world in obvious sins is IDOLATRY
Idolatry reeks havic on the children of God. Look to the examples of the old testament.
Jer. 11:13
Everywhere we look today there is idolatry, immoral, impure,& greed. We see it all around us.

Make sure there is no hint of these obvious sins in the life of the Christian, so we can serve Him effectively.
To idolize something is pursuing it will all our hearts.
God wants us to pursue him with all of our hearts.
We cannot pursue our hearts on idolatry and God at the same time. If we pursue idolatry we will fail.

Eph 5:7 We cannot be effective ministers if we partner with idolatry.
Eph 5:8: We cannot mix with darkness, we need to expel it from us.
Eph 5:10: HIDDEN SINS
Eph 5:11: FRUITLESS DEEDS
Eph 5:12 - Proverbs 12:6  SHAMEFUL DISOBEDIENT

Heart plot evil.
It is the way the heart is, the way the mind is;
Words are dripping with blood.

It is a contrast against pleasing the Lord.
It is having the power over other, by pleasing ourselves.
Christians cannot be motivated by pleasure & power for ourselves.
We need to do God's will. If we do things out of own will, even if it is for the good, we are wasting our time because we are going against God's will.
Ministry that is not of God is FRUITLESS
Church to be Fruitful is the things that  God is asking us to do.

Eph 5:13-14
Beginning of effective ministry of the church is to put aside the obvious sins and the hidden sins, cast them off of us. So that we allow Christ to shine on us. As He shines on us, we can point other to that light.

THE WISE LIFE

Eph 5:15-18

WISE LIFE IS CAREFUL
Careful because of the temptation , that Satan can get us with the obvious sins, he will get us with the sutle sins.
Careful - do not have sins in our lives, we are in a war. We are to prepare for battle by eliminating distraction.

Wise life makes the most of every opportunity.
Because of dark times, we can see more opportunities to share God's word with other. The opportunities can shine the brightest, but we need to be ready to make the most of those opportunities.

Eph 5:17
WISE LIFE - UNDERSTANDING WHAT LORD'S WILL IS
Eph 5:18
WISE LIFE-SEEK TO BE FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT

We can chose to be foolish or chose to follow God
It is a choice to get drunk with wine, or be filled with the Holy Spirit
"debauchery" is being uncontrolled. wastefulness.
It is allowing  into our lives things that causes us to be uncontrolled.
Wastefulness is lack of understanding what God's will is.
It is a mix up of priorities, by putting ourselves first and not putting God first in our lives.
Choice remains for each of us today. We can be foolish or we can choose to follow Jesus.
It is the highlight.
We want to enter to become imitators of God.

Eph 5:19-20
IMITATION OF GOD, IMITATION OF CHRIST IS THE FULFILLMENT OF THE CHRISTIAN LIFE.

Thanks - nothing in our lives is an accident.
Highlight - gives us something to sing about, to be rejoicing.
The Future is here for the Christian.
Make the choice to live a wisely by becoming imitators of God and by making the most of every opportunity.

THE HYMN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SERVICE WAS
'IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL'

lenore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 09:00:26 am »

:)Sunday September 19th Morning Service

PASSAGE: LUKE 5:1-11
TITLE OF SERMON:
ORDINARY MEN..BRAVE ENOUGH TO FOLLOW

SUBSECTIONS:
1. ORDINARY MEN
SANDHEDRIN NOTICED PETER'S BRAVERY
2. EXTRAORDINARY LEADER
JESUS KNOWS OUR POTENTIAL

What happen to Peter  - took him from ordinary man to become the leader of the church of Christ.
Acts 4:13: Peter had been with Jesus
God is looking for ordinary people who will follow the Lord.
What cause the sanhedrin to come to the conclusion that Peter had been with Jesus.
They noticed the bravery.
In 2 Peter we see the end of Peter's life.
Peter understood the committment that went into his life toward martyrdom.

Luke 5: We see Peter at the beginning of his journey.
Peter was a fisherman.
He was washing his nets.
God is looking for people like Peter who will committ to accomplish the purposes of God.
To have the courage and committment to teach other about God.
Peter was committment came out with his walk with the Lord.

ARE WE BRAVE ENOUGH TO FOLLOW THE LORD WHERE EVER HE WILL LEAD.
God wants us to be brave enough to follow, to what he deems necessary for our lives.  What holds people back, is that people have a fear of following.  Jesus understands that human nature of being fearful of following.

Luke 5: 11 Jesus worked on Peter 'DO NOT FEAR'
Jesus was working on Peter, to commit to following the Lord.
Peter was to catch the idea 'DO NOT FEAR'

Luke 5:2-> Peter is washing his nets, Jesus got into Peter's boat, Jesus taught the crowd from Peter's boat.
Peter was tired from an all nighter of unsuccessful fishing.
He probably wanted to get the chore of washing his nets finished so he could go home.
Jesus asks us to do things in simple obedience which at times can be inconvenience.
Test of obedience, will we follow God in the little things even when it is inconvenient.
Simon was interge by the Lord.
-obeyed the Lord
-willing to wait it out , while the Lord was uses his boat
-he was listening to the sermon the Lord was teaching.
Luke 5:4: The little test opened up to a bigger test.
Luke 5:5 - Peter put up with some resistance. There was some hestitation.
Peter was brave enough to obey the Lord's request
'BUT BECAUSE YOU SAY SO, I WILL LET DOWN THE NETS'
If Peter refused to obey the Lord, he would of missed a miracle, because he wasnt brave enough.

2. EXTRAORDINARY LEADER:
-to be the leader
-important to Peter in the days to come
He was convince that Jesus is able to lead him.
We must also be convince that Jesus is able to lead us .

The example of Gideon with the fleece test. Gideon realize that God is a capable leader.
We must work it in our own minds that God is a Capable Extraordinary Leader. If we are not convince of this , we will not follow.
Once Gideon was convinced , he was brave enough to go into battle with only 300 men.
God will never let us down.

Jesus knows our fullest potential.
It comes out of what we have done for him.
We need not be contented in our own ability
-work on, being at our fullest potential.

QUESTION: Every time we are doing what Jesus wants us to do
ARE WE WORKING ON OUR FULLEST POTENTIAL.

WILL I BE BRAVE ENOUGH , TO OBEY IN THE EASY THINGS EVEN THOUGH IT IS AN INCONVENIENCE.

BRAVE ENOUGH WHEN IT IS A DIFFICULT THING

WILLING TO GO ON WITH JESUS AS HE LEADS US.

-
lenore
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 06:52:54 am »

:DHAPPY LORDS DAY OF SEPTEMBER 26TH.

This morning service spoken by Pastor B.
TITLE: 'UNLIMITED POTENTIAL"
PASSAGE: MARK 2:18-22

Outline:
1. Jesus________all creation.
2. Jesus________for me and my needs.
3. Jesus_________what's most important.
4. Jesus has______for the needy.
5. Jesus is able to ____sins.
6. Jesus calls_______people.
7. Jesus is______of all.

Jesus was talking about the bridegroom, the new wine for new wineskins. The Pharisee would of understood, for the culture of that time.

Jesus was the bridegroom, and was with them, it was a time to celebrate.

New wine - governs what Jesus is doing in the disciples lifes.
-takes new people, with changed hearts.
-look at us, we were sinners and now we are saints.
-changed us into new wineskins.
-there is a lot of work to do in our lives.

Look at Peter:
- given a new name
- he was a humble fisherman who became the pillar of the church.

Jesus simply says "WILL YOU FOLLOW "

7 LESSONS that were taught to Peter , to be changed into new wineskins to receive new wine. Journey on Mark's Highway of Points.

1. JESUS RULES ALL CREATION
Mark 1:16//Mark 1:21-27
Jesus Rules all creation
-fish in the sea
-nets full of fish
-boat sinking because of the amount of fish
Jesus has control over our occupation.
JESUS HAS COMPLETE CONTROL WHEN WE ARE FOLLOWING HIM.
[ARE WE CONVINCED THAT JESUS RULES OVER ALL OF CREATION]

2. JESUS CARES DEEPLY FOR MY NEEDS
Mark 1:21
Peter's mother in law healed by Jesus
Personal needs Jesus was willing to answer.
[Are we convinced the Jesus cares deeply for our needs.]
Jesus will lead us into some difficult things.

3. JESUS KNOW WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT
Mark 1:38
[How am I on this  point...When Jesus says "Lets go somewhere else"]
We have to acknowledge that Jesus knows best  and everything if we are to follow him.

4. JESUS HAS COMPASSION FOR THE NEEDY.
Mark 1:40-42
Jesus healing a man who just walked  up to him.
Jesus was on a mission, but he had compassion on the man who was willing to step up to Jesus and told about his need.
Jesus can call us  - to look for those opportunities - to have compassion  - to fill the needs .
It usually require an inconvenient ... out of our own resources.
We cannot lose that as we get involved in ministry.

5. JESUS ABLE TO FORGIVE SINS.
Mark 2:1-12
Jesus was teaching his disciples that he had the power to forgive sins.
Jesus was teaching that he was the Son of God
Eternal Perspective
Mark 2:9 ......Which is easier?
Jesus chose God's way which is not always the easiest.
This incident set Jesus about from the Pharisees.

6. JESUS CALLS DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE
Mark 2:13
Real substance is eternal value
Mark 2:15
Several tax collectors was at Levi's house. It is assumed several tax collectors were following Jesus.
Peter was watching Jesus...Peter was brought up in the culture to hate the trades of the Jewish , their own people working for Herod collecting taxes.
Jesus accepted the tax collectors, and even accepted Levi into his inner circle.

7. JESUS PROVED THAT HE WAS LORD OF ALL
Mark 2:23
Mark 3:1-4
Mark 3:13

Jesus vs the Pharisees:
It was a show down.
Jesus said I AM THE LORD OF THE SABBATH.

Pharisees thought they were the lords of the sabbath with their rules and regulations.

Jesus stood in direct opposition of the whole Jewish establishment.
When we stand up with Jesus...we will be standing up against the whole modern society.

Mark 3:13 Jesus called his disciples and they came to him.
Jesus asked will you keep following me.
Even though they seen the evidence and seen what he was doing, they came with all that they had learned.
They chose to follow him.
They had chosen to stand up with him against the opposition.

ARE YOU BRAVE ENOUGH TO FOLLOW JESUS
ARE YOU BRAVE ENOUGH TO STAND UP WITH JESUS.

lenore
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 01:55:26 am »

:DHAPPY LORD'S DAY TO YOU ALL
OCTOBER 17TH

The last couple of weeks have been very exciting within our walls of our place of worship.

Last Sunday, our Thanksgiving Weekend, saw a Baptism.
Alice. Her spiritual parents were able to make the journey from Saskatchewan, along with their son and daughter in law.

Last Sunday was a message from this 80 year old missionary , who spend decades among the northern native people, bringing many to Christ. Including ALice.
There were many, many inspiring stories from this man who is a old fashion bible preaching  gospel sharing speaker.
This man Bud and his famiily saw many miracles God blessed them with.
One of their mission fields was 150 miles north of Churchill Manitoba.

This Sunday , which is the church's missions weekend, was Kit, Bud's son and his wife.  On Friday Night was our Mission Pot Luck Supper. Where Kit show us a video of the Northern Christian Evangelical Missions, that including a history of the missionary pilots that went into the northern tundra, to seek out the native communities.
THis Sunday morning Kit, gave a very powerful message on being a missionary.
That not only that it is each Christians responsibility, but that God has put it in us to accomplish it.
How when we are depend upon God for every thing in our lifes, God Gives us the Strength to accomplish his work.
Kit told us how poor missionary family life was like in the north.
Where they were down to their last bar of soap. There was a native mother came looking for soap, because she just had a new baby.
Kit's mother went to the box, and found two bars of soap.
For many years, Kits mother never ran out of soap, until she bought  soap again. When she bought that bar of soap, the blessings stopped.
After church services, I was priviledge to be invited our for lunch at a local restraunt, with Kit and his wife Debbie, and Alice plus the people who invited us, Murray and SHirley.
We heard more stories of the north. Especially northern native cruisine that they enjoyed eating. Including roast Cariboo Head.
Moose Nose, Whale Blubber, Seal Stomach, etc.
How Kit who was working at a printing mission, sending out literature to all the native tribes into their own language.
Kit being a missionary kid, went to school, played, culturally absorb and raised in the northern first nation culture.
It was a wonderful Lord's Day so far. Kit will be speaking in about 90  minutes from now at our Evening Services. Kit is being transferred to Michigan on another mission field, transferred by God.
You know something it was wonderful to hear how God is working in the mission fields of Canada.

lenore
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 02:11:12 am »

:DHAPPY LORD'S DAY FOR NOVEMBER 21ST AT 4:15 PM ARNPRIOR.

IT IS A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY, WITH THE SUN SHINING AND THE AIR MILD.

OUR HOUSE OF WORSHIP, WAS BLESSED WITH A MISSIONARY AND HIS WIFE, WHO IS A MISSIONARY FROM SPAIN.

He will also be speaking this evening about the mission field.  

This morning he was praising God, With the church that has been established , growing, and is in need of a bigger church home. This church is pastored, and assistant pastor by people of the Gypsy Race.
THis missionary, was born in Spain. His wife is from Canada. They are on a year furlough.

He spoke of the transition of how Europe economy, culture, language, rules and goverment is , now with the  a unify Europe.  Apparently the constitution of Europe has recognized gay and lesbians, but did not put into their charter of rights, protects for Christians.

He spoke how Evanglism churches have embraced the society culture within their churches that the word of God has been replaced by the local newspaper, as a subject for sermons.

I came away, with four thoughts from his sermon today.
He spoke out of Judges 17 & 18, and Passages of Acts.
Out of Judges he gave 21st example of how people are making their own churches, their own gods, so they can manipulate.
People want a god they can worship that would not prick their conscious(the little voice in our minds that tells us right from wrong).

He spoke how Paul example, Troubling the city, when the crowd brought him forth for trial.
He spoke how they brought Jason to trial, because the Word of God was bring society ways upside down.
He spoke that is Jesus was in the world today, where would he be walking among.

Then he asked some powerful questions. Is our church willing to open the door, to go out among the people who are in pain.
He said ARE WE SINGING SO LOUD IN OUR WORSHIP TO GOD, THAT WE CANT HEAR PEOPLE CRYING IN PAIN.
As Christians who have been order the great commission, are we willing to be God's spokes person, so that we trouble society.
As Christians what we have to say, will turn people worlds upside down to lead them to Christ.
Jesus will be in among the people who are suffering,
the aids victims, the homeless, the street kids, the ones suffering from Cancer, etc. Just like in the Bible times. The uncleaned, the unwanted, the ones cast aside.
It was a real message of missions.
lenore
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 01:46:26 am »

:)February 15th .... :DPRAISE GOD I STILL HAVE INTERNET FOR TODAY AT LEAST.

I went to our churches Ladies Study Group. We had a pot luck luncheon . Then it was down to the worship side of it after wonderful time of fellowshipping.

The Study was given by a C.A. -
It was based on the the book FAN THE FLAME

1 John 4:10 and 1 John 4:19:
We were all sinners without any hope until God reached out to us.

Matthew 22:36-37: Loving God is Indespensible and Non negotable.

Love is not an emotion but a choice. It means to give, to yield, to surrendere to another.

1 John 5:3: I show my love by keeping God's commandments.

Example : THE CHURCH OF EPHESUS Rev. 2:1-7
The Perfect Church.

The reason for the problem  is that they abandoned their first love.
The Solution v.5 Remember and Repent

SPIRITUAL HEART CHECK: SIX TESTS:

TEST OF LOYALITY
2 Chronicles 16:1-9, Daniel 1:8
(purpose our hearts to do the right thing)

TEST OF TREASURES
Matthew 6:19-21

TEST OF THOUGHTS
Matthew 9:4, Phil.4:8, Prov. 23:7
(God knows how we think)

TEST OF WORDS
Matthew 12:34; Matt.15:18; James 3:1-6; Prov. 16:23
(words shows others what are hearts are really like)

TEST OF RESPONSE TO GOD'S WORD
Luke 8:4-15
(are we a reflector, denying, or do we allow the word to pentrate our lifes to be useful to God)

TEST OF WORSHIP
Matthew 15:8
(is our attitudes to have the desire to be with God)

"If Christ is my first love, then my behaviour is not shaped by who is watching, what makes me feel good, what my heritage says, what I have always done, or what someone else expects of me.
With Christ at the core I behave because of Him.

SPIRITUALLY HOW IS MY HEART
lenore
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 01:01:33 am »

:)February 22

Hi Everyone:  The following you will see, part of the sermon Pastor B. incorporated in to his Evening Services

" I 've been thinking about a great imposter - one so clever that he deceived even the devil himself.

This master of illusion has turned angels into demons, kings into animals, pastors into predators, and sheep into wolves.

While the elusive deceiver is not a person, it overcomes that problem by borrowing personality from its victims. With no shame, it clothes itself into the thoughts, emotions, and wills of those whose trust it betrays.

What I find troubling is that without realizing it I've walked, laughed, and cried with this imposter. I'm learning that he is no fool. He flatters us. He defers to us, He encourages us to develop an exaggerated opinion of our own importance, while at the same time letting us think negative and self destructive thoughts about ourselves. This deceiver of deceivers is PRIDE. He has hats for every occasion and masks for every emotion. He has a different voice for every decision. Sometimes he struts - sometimes he limps. See if you recognize this great imposter in his own gallery of disquises. See if you agree that what makes 'THE PRINCE OF PRIDE' so difficult to track is that he can swagger with self importance one minute and hiding behind the illusion of humility the next.

SELF DEFEATING PRIDE: This pride that keeps us from doing better when we are doing well can also keep us from changing when we are in trouble. On a good day, we dont's feel a need to change. When trouble comes, we dont want people to think we're changing our ways just because we're in trouble.

FEARFUL PRIDE: The ego that causes us to be overly competitive on some occasions can also keep us from trying at all in other situations.  Sometimes pride makes us willing to win at the expense of others. Sometimes it causes us to avoid the embarassment of possible failure.

{{There is another whole page and half of these prides,...I will try to write them all down for you to read]]]

lenore
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 01:10:27 am »

February 22  PRIDES {part two}

WOUNDED PRIDE: The pride that prompts us to think more highly of ourselves than we ought to think can also fill us will self-contempt when we dont live up to our own expectations.

UNHIBITED PRIDE: The pride that causes us to be meticulous with our appearance can also cause us not to care what others think of us.

SELF DECEIVING PRIDE: The pride that causes us to call attention to other people's mistakes can lead us to believe we don't have any reason to be critical of ourselves.

PROCRASTINATING PRIDE: The arrogance that causes us to think we can change anytime we want can keep us from ever changing at all.

UNCARING PRIDE: The conceit that allows us to be preoccupied with our own problems can also help us to be oblivious to the pain of others.

SULKING PRIDE: The pride that keeps us from asking others to help can also cause us to sulk when others are not "there for us"

SELF INTRODUCING PRIDE: SOmetimes to admit pride seems fatal. At other times, saying that we know we are proud is a way of saying we think we have something to be proud about.

SELF BERATING PRIDE: The pride that keeps us from admitting we're wrong can also lead to self berating behaviour that helps us avoid being corrected by others.

PIOUS PRIDE: This pride that causes us to be prayerless in our personal lifes can also prompt us to pray with crowd pleasing eloquence in public settings.

OVERLY TALKATIVE PRIDE: The survival instinct that prompts us to be silent about what is really happening in us can also cause us to dominate conversations and relationships when we don't want others asking questions.

SLACKER PRIDE: The self sufficiency that drives workaholics to try to make themselves indispensable can be cause a lazy person to assume that he can be a slacker without consequences.

{{go to part three}}
lenore
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 01:18:14 am »

February 22  [[PRIDE part three}}

TEARFUL PRIDE: The conceit that causes us to disregard the feelings of others can also causes us to use tears to play on the emotions of others when we want something.

QUIET PRIDE:  The self interest that causes us to parade our success can also prompt us not to admit our failures.

CONTRITE PRIDE:  The self absorption that allows us to protect ourselves at others' expense can also prompt us to demand forgiveness when we've been forced to confess.

Pride isn't just excessive opinion of ourselves that acts at the e xpense of others. Ironically, pride is the ultimate form of self-delusion. If it can't hit us with a right, it will come at us from the left.
If our northern front is strong, it will hit us from the south.  If we're reinforced on the ground, it will attack us in the air. At least one lesson surfaces. When we understand the strategies of pride that feed on our own human nature, we have that many reasons to get on our knees. When we live unaware of pride's delusions, we have knees that won't bend.

Healthy humility might sound like a bitter pill. But taking the attitude of Christ is an antidote for self-destruction. While pride is sure way to create problems for ourselves the opposite of pride leaves no regrets.  God Himself becomes our satisfaction. "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble" [James 4:6]

Father, please forgive us for proudly thinking of our interests are more urgent than Your Interest, and that our pain is more important than the pain of others. In our clearer moments we realize we have no higher calling than to be "living sacrifice" who thinks no more and no less of ourselves than You want us to think .[Romans 12:1-3}
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: