AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 03:46:27 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUEST/PRAYING FOR EACH OTHER  (Read 46302 times)
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2005, 06:38:44 am »

JULY 15TH:

ASKING TO BE UPHELD IN YOUR PRAYERS BEFORE THE LORD, DURING THE NEXT 10 WEEKS.

I AM MOVING FROM A 3 BEDROOM TOWNHOUSE, TO A ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT.

There are many details to do. Including cleaning the house from top to bottom, and packing etc.

Also going through my possessions.

I need to be asking the difficult questions:

DO I NEED THIS OR DO I JUST WANT IT?

And other difficult decision may present itself.

The question of my dog!

SHe is a 10 year old border collie lab mix, and she is showing her age, She has not known any other home than this one. As I have lived in this house for the last 18 years.

I am asking the Lord to help me decide, with his vast wisdom peaceful understanding.
Whether this is the time to decide the fate of my dog?

Would she adjust to apartment living, would it be fair to her.
SHe is old and badly spoilt and some of the consequence of aging in regards to her potty needs.

This may be the most difficult decision associated with the move.

SO I am asking for help within the prayer department.

I thank you in advance and I thank God in advance for answered prayers , thus he will show me clear direction of which I choices I need to make.

Thank you.

Lenore
summer007

Email
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2005, 06:26:21 am »

Hi Lenore, I'll be praying for you maybe you could try to keep the dog in the new place and see how she adjusts. Also in light of organizing everything you obviously have the Keepers then maybe you could do a donation or a garage sale of items, and then a trash pile if you have somethings your not sure of wait on those. So if you have these 3 sections of things it makes it easy to organize and somewhat fun. I actually love getting rid of things and only keeping things I really like/love or are necessitys. My friend had a garage sale a few weeks ago and I took over a couple of boxes of who knows what from my garage and made about 85.00 on junk I would of given away to salvation army or goodwill we had fun and met alot of nice neighbors. God Bless Summer.
vernecarty
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2005, 05:00:55 pm »

Hi Lenore, I'll be praying for you maybe you could try to keep the dog in the new place and see how she adjusts. Also in light of organizing everything you obviously have the Keepers then maybe you could do a donation or a garage sale of items, and then a trash pile if you have somethings your not sure of wait on those. So if you have these 3 sections of things it makes it easy to organize and somewhat fun. I actually love getting rid of things and only keeping things I really like/love or are necessitys. My friend had a garage sale a few weeks ago and I took over a couple of boxes of who knows what from my garage and made about 85.00 on junk I would of given away to salvation army or goodwill we had fun and met alot of nice neighbors. God Bless Summer.

So will I. We just moved and the amount of "stuff" we had acquired is nothing short of startling.
Untold boxes went to the trash. An equal number was donated to Goodwill.
There is much culling yet to be done. Get friends to help!  Wink
Verne
p.s. The most difficult thing was getting rid of my 1987 turbo-charged RX coupe. I sold it for one dollar to a friend who intends to restore it. At least I will get to see and maybe drive it occasionally!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 05:04:02 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
grown up
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2005, 10:56:50 pm »

We will pray too.

In June my wife and I moved into our first home. We started going through our stuff asking ourselves "do we still need/want this" The Salvation Army was very appreciative for our regular trips to thier drop off site. We moved initially because we found out she is pregnant and a couple weeks ago we found out she's having twins so we have much more work to do in the next 6 months. Please pray for us also.

Rejoicing in the Lords goodness
grown up
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2005, 04:44:06 am »

Thanks Al, for the message. The Lord has blessed us with our first two children. Thank You for your prayers
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2005, 08:17:37 pm »

July 30th:

Received this email:

It is a chain prayer, that is going around cyperspace. But it is a good prayer:

>> >Please take a moment to relax your mind and humble your heart to
>>focus on Christ.   Allow God to be the only person on your mind
>>while you read this prayer. If we can take the time to read long
>>jokes, stories, etc., we should give the same respect to this
>>prayer. Friends, who pray together, stay together.
>> >
>> >  If you pray this prayer,change the number in the subject box
>>before forwarding the message so people can SEE how many people
>>have done so.
>> >
>> >   Dear Lord, I thank you for this day. I thank You for my being
>>able to see and to hear this morning. I'm blessed because You are a
>>forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for
>>me and You keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything
>>I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you. I ask
>>now for Your   forgiveness.
>> >
>> >  Please   keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help  me to
>>start this day with a new   attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let
>>me make the best of each and every day   to clear my mind so that I
>>can hear from You.     Please   broaden my mind that I can accept
>>all things.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >   Let   me not whine and whimper over things I have no control
>>over. Let me continue   to see sin through God's eyes and
>>acknowledge it as evil. And when I sin, let   me repent, and
>>confess with my mouth my wrongdoing, and receive the   forgiveness
>>of God.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >   And   when this world closes in on me, let me remember Jesus'
>>example -- to slip   away and find a quiet place to pray. It's the
>>best response when I'm pushed   beyond my limits. I know that when
>>I can't pray, You listen to my heart.   Continue to use me to do
>>Your will.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >     Continue   to bless me that I may be a blessing to others.
>>Keep me strong that I may help   the weak. Keep me uplifted that I
>>may have words of encouragement for others.   I pray for those who
>>are lost and can't find their way. I pray for those   who are
>>misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don't know You
>>intimately. I pray for those who will delete this without sharing
>>it with   others. I pray for those who don't believe. But I thank
>>you that I believe.
>> >
>> >   I   believe that God changes people and God changes things. I
>>pray for all my   sisters and brothers. For each and every family
>>member in their households. I   pray for peace, love and joy in
>>their homes that they are out of debt and all   their needs are
>>met.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >   I   pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no
>>problem, circumstance,   or situation greater than God. Every
>>battle is in Your hands for You to fight.   I pray that these words
>>be received into the hearts of every eye that sees   them and every
>>mouth that confesses them willingly.
>> >
>> >   This   is my prayer.
>> >   In Jesus' Name, Amen.
>> >

tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2005, 12:01:19 am »

July 31st:

Sara is moving into her new apartment today.
It will be five minutes from the college which she will be attending in September.

I am asking for prayer:
That she will adjust to the new setting quickly. As Sara doesnt not handle change very well.

I also as that she will find a new church home and make it a priority.

I also ask that she will seek God for the decisions in her life.

I also ask that she will be settle into college life and give priority and attention to her school work and that her frustration level will be able to be handled, and she will seek that support and necessary staff advisor as she needs.
Sara is abit hyper, I still call her Cyclone Sara.

So I ask that you will lift Sara up in to God's hands and give her over her care to God.

I ask that you will put Sara on your prayer lists and pray for her frequently.

Thank you for praying and thank God for answered prayers.

Lenore
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2005, 01:59:34 am »

September 4th:

Hi All who are supporting me in prayer.

I will need your prayers to up hold me in prayer this Saturday.

Because I am moving on October 1st and with observations all summer. I have decided to put my dog Missy down.  The date is on this Saturday. Sara and I will be taking Missy to the Vet's together.

My decisions reason as follows:
Missy is 10 years old, badly spoiled.
She is peeing all over the floor, even just after taking her outside.
She has allergy sores that requires special shampoo.

The apartment I am moving into is a very small senior's apartment, going from a 3 bedroom townhouse to a one bedroom, and the adjustment for Missy , I dont think Missy will make the adjustment. I will have to take her down 3 flights of stairs.

Missy has been my companion for the last 10 years. This is not just an animal with me, This is a family member.
The decision process was a roller coaster, listening to advice which was so conflicting from one to another, and observing Missy all summer.

Missy is also a medium to big dog, if she was a smaller dog, I may have attempted to try her in the apartment. I believe it would not be fair to take Missy into the apartment, and she is too old and spoiled to give her to someone else. Missy is a Mamma's girl.

So I am asking you to pray in the lines of:
Peace for my decision
Emotional support for both Sara and I on Saturday.

Also keep praying for the move on October 1st, and the adjustment I will be having to make.

Praise: I have applied for , interviewed, orientations, for a volunteer office job.
I will be volunteering twice a week at the local Senior Home Support Program, in the office as a receptionist. This is one of the many planned steps I am taking to get back into the work force, as part of the goal achieving plans. I will be working on Wednesday afternoons, and Friday mornings. It is about a 10 minute walk. I will be finally back doing what I was originally trained for 30 years ago. Office work.

Thank you for your Christian caring and your supportive prayers.

Lenore
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2006, 05:46:15 am »

January 5th, 2006:

Hi All:

I am requesting PRAYERS FOR:

My Brother ROBERT and his daughter CRYSTAL:

My sister in law LAURIE passed away early morning January 3rd from a brain anersym,
she was declared brain dead, while her heart continued to beat for another 14 hours, which my brother never left her side.

My niece is only 12 years old.

The wake is tomorrow, Friday, January 6 between the hours of 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm, and the funeral is Saturday January 7th at 11 pm.

My PRAYER REQUEST is that you will pray during these hours, especially for Saturday, up holding
my brother Rob and niece Crystal, in to God's hands, and for God to be guiding them for the months to come.

It was a shock and we are still in shock at the suddeness of it all. My sister in law was only 42 years old.

Good did come from this tragedy.  Her heart was donate to a person in need of a new heart, and this receiver of the heart is doing great, the surgeron informed my Brother this, it has given them some comfort.

My brother gave a profession of faith years ago, so my prayer for my brother is that he would use this grieve to draw closer to God, and not bitter him.
I thank God that my brother has a great relationship with his daughter.

Thank you for your prayer,may God be honoured and glorified as he rewards your efforts.

Lenore
GDG

Email
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2006, 06:41:57 am »

Dear Lenore,
I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your sister-in-law.  I will be praying for you and your family and will ask my church to do the same.
Gay
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2006, 02:52:52 am »

February 21st, 2006.
This was part of a world day of Prayer some time ago. I thought you would enjoy reading it.
Lenore.

PRAYER

I asked God to take away my  habit. GOD SAID 'NO'.
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole. GOD SAID 'NO'
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience. GOD SAID 'NO'.
Patience is a by product of Tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness. GOD SAID 'NO'.
I give you blessings, Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.  GOD SAID 'NO'.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.  GOD SAID 'NO'
You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God to give me all things to enjoy life.  GOD SAID 'NO'.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all the things.

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
         GOD SAID.........AHHHHH
FINALLY YOU HAVE THE IDEA
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2006, 09:22:07 am »

In Romans 16: 25-27:
Luke 9:51
2 Peter 1:12

Our Small Groups Ladies Study night, discussed the
Established (TEV: stand firm in your faith)

As Christians who are established in the Word of God, through believing and obeying God.
Can influence others in our community, country and the World would believe and obey God.

It can be our vision statement, for our obedience in the Great Commission that Christ commanded us to do.

In my part, my personal prayer of late has been:
For my girls to return to their first love of knowing Christ, where did they receive that first love, was within the church that influence their choosing Jesus as their Saviour.
Since nobody can be an island Christian unto themselves.

There are many people attending my church, who children have drifted away for one reason or another, I am praying that all the former children who are now prodigals will return to their first love.  You know God has been answering. I am continuing to pray this.
So where or whatever God leads into answering this prayer of mine. My prayer that I will be able to hear Him and respond accordingly. 

So if you would like to join me in praying for our children to maintain that first love or return to that first love, including those who have been disillusion, heart/spiritual broken, etc. God can heal the broken hearted/spirit and renew your love for the Heavenly Father, despite the painfulness of past that is affecting the present.

God Bless you in all that you are doing, may God show you his love and his comfort by engulfing you with in his arms. If you need to , just climb on his lap, and pour your heart and soul out to him.

Love in Christ

Lenore

tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2006, 07:03:22 am »

To all my brothers and sisters in the Lord that read this site:

I am requesting that you pray for my youngest daughter Sara.
This morning August 7th at 1:20 pm Sara gave birth to a little boy by emergency C-section, weighing in 4 lbs 10 oz 6 weeks early.  Sara is recovery in Queensway Carleton Hospital in Ottawa, while little Jacob William  is being monitored at the CHEO(Children Hospital of Eastern Ontario),
Sara wasnt able to hold Jacob, only touch her foot, and has three photos of Jacob. 

Sara and her husband James are both only 19, and this is their first child.  Apparently, they had to totally put Sara under anaesthic, and thus little Jacob was not breathing at birth.
The Placenta was coming off the uterine wall.

Sara and James have support from family, but the extra support of praying believers in Jesus Christ uplifting this new parents and this new life into the arms of Jesus,would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Grammie Lenore
marden
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2006, 07:29:17 am »

Hi Lenore,

I and my family will pray. My daughter was born 3 weeks early(big difference between 3 and 6 weeks i know) they had her wrapped in blankets and under heat lamps and kept monitoring her for a heart murmur. She's fine now by Gods  grace and love. So I will be in prayer
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2006, 05:30:37 am »

Hello assembly attendance:

To all my brothers and sisters in the Lord:

My grandson who was born August 7th needs your prayers.

Jacob is still in hospital.

He has a clot in the liver, is still on oxygen, is having difficulty sucking a bottle.

He is allergic to milk, and needs a special formula.
This formula cost about $60 a can, which lasts a week.

My Daughter and Son In Law, is staying at the Ronald MCDonald House on a daily basis to be near Jacob who is in CHEO (children's hospital),

The doctor's is warning my daughter Sara that Jacob could have the possibility of a learning disability when he grows, as it took 40 minutes to resucitate him after being delivered via C section.

Also I am asking for prayer, as I have not been able to see my grandson.   I also found out that my oldest daughter Christie was married last July 29th.
So I am dealing with issues.
I am asking that you pray.

Bless Sara and James,  Christie and Jason with God's salvation.
Bless Jacob with God's healing purpose.
Bless my other three grandchildren with God's salvation and purpose for their lives.

Thank you for our care and prayers.  Thank to God for his answered prayers.

Thanks alot it is appreciated.

Lenore
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: