AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 06:04:47 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: SHARING BIBLE VERSES  (Read 222784 times)
vernecarty
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2005, 06:27:44 pm »

No, I think he should render himself transparent.   Grin Grin Grin Grin  But can anyone really say how that is done?  There is, in fact, no one who is not transparent before His eyes.

At least there is an example of One who was crucified and a very good One at that.   

Sondra

You know what? I think he already is!
I have heard the man confess his faults on many an occasion.
The fact that he does so publcly, is pretty strong proof that he does not hide his sin from God.
Do you see how practical this is?
How 'bout you? Do you consider yourself re-crucified? Or just still getting the spikes ready Smiley
Verne

p.s you do raise a good point though for there are actually two views to tranparency. God's view and ours.
The mirror reflects both and also effects transformation...the latter being what I thnik we both are after... but you knew that..!  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 06:37:45 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
M2
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2005, 06:42:10 pm »

Oh, you mean you have anonymous people who want to know who my anonymous people are?  That's a good one, Marcia.  You really have a hard time keeping track of your anon's don't you?   Cheesy  I do not divulge anon's if I know who they are.  You should know that by now.

Sondra

Yes, there's an annonymous poster called Matt Smiley who thinks I meant something more by my honey comment, so I figured that he must think that I think that 'tenderhearted' is you.

Fot the benefit of your annon Matt, I will set the record straight, the thought of connecting it with Sondra did not even enter my mind.

Marcia
vernecarty
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2005, 07:22:17 pm »

Yes, there's an annonymous poster called Matt Smiley who thinks I meant something more by my honey comment, so I figured that he must think that I think that 'tenderhearted' is you.

Fot the benefit of your annon Matt, I will set the record straight, the thought of connecting it with Sondra did not even enter my mind.

Marcia
Did I miss something? How exactly was that banter about honey and flies supposed to be connected??
What exactly were you accused of Marcia? This is really a little ridiculous folks...
Verne
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 11:09:07 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
editor
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2005, 08:08:17 pm »

Did I miss something? How exactly was that banter about honey and flies sopposed to be connected??
What exactly were you accused of Marcia? This is really a little ridiculous folks...
Verne

It was a post by Matt, over on his website, in which he rebuked Marcia for saying that the words of an adulterer were like honey and oil.  This she said in response to the brilliiant query from Tenderhearted, in which she asked if honey or vinegar got more flies.

Matt took this to be an attack on Sondra, due to the reference to the immoral woman.   I was shocked, bujt I wasn't laughing, because I like Sondra, and because Matt was so far off with his comment, even for him.

Matt then went on to call two other people "adlulterers," in keeping with his style of forgiveness and love. 

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2005, 11:12:33 pm »

It was a post by Matt, over on his website, in which he rebuked Marcia for saying that the words of an adulterer were like honey and oil.  This she said in response to the brilliiant query from Tenderhearted, in which she asked if honey or vinegar got more flies.

Matt took this to be an attack on Sondra, due to the reference to the immoral woman.   I was shocked, bujt I wasn't laughing, because I like Sondra, and because Matt was so far off with his comment, even for him.

Matt then went on to call two other people "adlulterers," in keeping with his style of forgiveness and love. 

Brent

O.K. I did not read Matt's post so I did not know what was going on.
Thanks.
vernecarty
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2005, 11:33:52 pm »

The honey thing is not ridiculous, Verne and you know it.  You're defensiveness is obvious.  You disagree with anyone who doesn't yell, "Profound" at everything you say.  Well, I don't think "transparency" is profound. 

Not every exchange on this BB is centered around you Sondra. I do not understand this kind of obsession. You were wrong in your presumption about the patriot and eagles exchange bwtween Joe and me and based on what Marcia has already stated you and Matt are wrong about this. This is really unhealthy, this self preoccupation and conspiracy mania.

You are actually inacurate on it where it comes to "fleshly sin." 

You seem to be the only one preoccupied with "fleshly sin" Sondra. Here is what the Bible says these are:

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings,

Most Christians I know are not doing these kinds of things Sondra.

I don't really care  whether what I say about transparency is considered profound by you or anyone else.
I do care if it is Scriptural.
What God has shown me to do about my sin is to confess it.
How he instructs me to overcome it is by walking in the Spirit.
Verne

« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 07:56:42 am by VerneCarty » Logged
M2
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2005, 11:46:49 pm »

Some of you have a problem with wild accusation.  Tenderhearted is not Matt and not me.  And I do agree with Matt's views on the subject of "Adultress" being brought up with no explanation.  That word is "notorious" on the site to be connected with one discussion - the one between Verne, who first used it to lie about me, and myself.  Everyone knows this. 

Also, I know no one wants to have Rachel's reputation tainted publicly because it goes to credibility with regard to her extreme betrayal of her whole family.  I don't see that Rachel has excuses for sin and no one else can use excuses.  We don't know exactly what she's up to, but her sister's post was very telling.  One would think that her sister would have better knowledge than others, but as I said, we are going to correct our site until we can learn more.  The bias and double standard is glaring to us.  A bias is not obvious to those who share a different agenda than ours.

The honey thing is not ridiculous, Verne and you know it.  You're defensiveness is obvious.  You disagree with anyone who doesn't yell, "Profound" at everything you say.  Well, I don't think "transparency" is profound.  You are actually inacurate on it where it comes to "fleshly sin." 

Sondra

p.s.  I am going to be traveling today so I won't be able to post today.

This is getting ridiculous.  People are getting so touchy and sensitive about every little thing.  I do not have to explain that I am not talking about Sondra everytime I use the word adultress from now on.  I have set the record straight and it applies to all future usage.

It had nothing to do with anybody else either.  It was entirely in response to a comment about catching flies posted by an AB anon.

Marcia
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 12:26:29 am by Marcia » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2005, 12:09:28 am »

This is getting ridiculous.  People are getting so touchy and sensitive about every little thing. 
Marcia

What people? Have you noticed the only time this sort of idiocy happens on the BB?
I am sick of it
Verne
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2005, 10:30:23 am »

I am done taking pot shots from you Sondra and am putting you on notice.
If I called you an adulteress, it was because I believe most people married more than once qualify.
If you think that is lying, you are entitled to your opinon.
I don't get in a warring mood very often any more but listen to me carefully.
I will cut you no more slack whatsoever. If you ever use my name again in an accusation of lying,
you will find out just how much of the natural man remains in this vessel.
Verne

Profound!  Grin
M2
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2005, 01:34:03 am »

I am done taking pot shots from you Sondra and am putting you on notice.
If I called you an adulteress, it was because I believe most people married more than once qualify.
If you think that is lying, you are entitled to your opinon.
I don't get in a warring mood very often any more but listen to me carefully.
I will cut you no more slack whatsoever. If you ever use my name again in an accusation of lying,
you will find out just how much of the natural man remains in this vessel.
Verne

Verne, I do not know Sondra's situation and please do not post details in response to the comment.  I do know that I do not believe that the Lord Jesus went around calling the Samaritan woman nor the woman caught in adultery, an adultress.

Sondra, I do not consider you an adultress.  You and Verne do have a disagreement with each other that you obviously still need to resolve.

Marcia
Mercy4Me

Email
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2005, 07:21:28 am »

This is pathetic, but not surprising.  Embarrassed
vernecarty
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2005, 12:43:24 pm »

This is pathetic, but not surprising.  Embarrassed

I share much of the responsibility for it as I failed to ignore her as I was instructed, not once but twice.
My position is that any further slander of my name by her in any way shape or form wlill be met forcefully.
Barring that, so far as I am concerned she does not exist. The BB has been polluted enough already.
People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
Verne
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2005, 02:39:19 am »

WINDBAG's words....................

edited by THE CAT
You only get so many irritating posts per day, WINDBAG.  I'm gonna delete the one's where you are really silly, or where you attempt to handle God's Word improperly.

Read the one about specks, logs and eyes....then get a job......then come back here with your real name and let us know how your're doing.

THE CAT

Proverbs 22:24& 25:
Make no friendship with an angry man
And with a furious man do not go
Lest you  learn his ways
And set a snare for your soul.

Proverbs 22: verses 17 to 29

Look it up, and see if I took it out of context.

Signed : Tender
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 03:13:27 am by tenderhearted » Logged
editor
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2005, 03:25:24 am »

WINDBAG's words....................

edited by THE CAT
You only get so many irritating posts per day, WINDBAG.  I'm gonna delete the one's where you are really silly, or where you attempt to handle God's Word improperly.

Read the one about specks, logs and eyes....then get a job......then come back here with your real name and let us know how your're doing.

THE CAT

Proverbs 22:24& 25:
Make no friendship with an angry man
And with a furious man do not go
Lest you  learn his ways
And set a snare for your soul.

Proverbs 22: verses 17 to 29

Look it up, and see if I took it out of context.

Signed : Tender

Here's the beauty of it all,

IF, and I repeat IF I am an "angry man,"  what are you doing here sparring with me?  You should leave me alone. Take your own advice, and take the advice of the scriptures and leave me be.  Do not rebuke a fool.

So, what is it going to be?  Are you going to take your own advice, or are you going to do contrary to what the passage you quoted tells you to do?

Since your whole life is contrary already, I suspect that you will continue on in your hypocrisy, business as usual.

WINDBAG, please leave, for your own sake.  Quit the BB and go elsewhere, for your own good.  Or, if you decide to stay, please use your real name. 

Brent  THE CAT
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2005, 05:42:21 am »

The questions were simply that questions.

You didnt need to answer them.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: