AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 06:43:16 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What does the rating system mean?  (Read 18974 times)
delila

Email
« on: February 09, 2004, 02:50:00 am »

I am plus and minused.  Who's rating?  On what grading system?  To what end?  Can someone please explain the rating of individual posters.

Thanks.

Delila
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 08:19:35 am »

It's really rather stupid, but just something within the BB abilities.

Anyone can click on the + or - sign of the poster to give a + or -.  Rather subjective and not really of any merit but, oh well.  At least as it stands right now 2 positive clicks have been given to you and no negative clicks. Grin
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 02:20:02 pm »

I personally have never used it, as it seems entirely subjective & could give a wrong impression.  Some readers of my posts apparently feel otherwise.  C'est la vie!

;)al Cheesy

delila

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 01:57:14 am »

Well Al, you do sugar coat a lot.  That could explain some of the clicks you get.

So then, it's not like measuring your value before God by stupid standards like, whether you're asked to be a 'worker' or not.  

Or, we could make a deal : you click me and I click you.  

Or, Al... have you been giving YOURSELF clicks?  

Only the Lord really knows eh?

Grin
Delila
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 02:02:11 am »

So then, it's not like measuring your value before God by stupid standards like, whether you're asked to be a 'worker' or not.  

Delila

Actually, if you start asking people if they'd like to be a worker or something, you will certainly get clicked! Just on the wrong side of the number line! Grin

S
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 12:38:07 pm »

Well Al, you do sugar coat a lot.  That could explain some of the clicks you get.

Cathy & I are both on the Atkins diet-- I have to do something with all this sugar!!! Tongue

It measures only your value before the anonymous clickers. Roll Eyes

Or, we could make a deal : you click me and I click you.  

Sorry, I never make deals with wizards-- especially those with beards longer than mine. Grin

Or, Al... have you been giving YOURSELF clicks?  

Only those to the left of the slash. Wink

Only the Lord really knows eh?

Grin
Delila

Aye, as in all things.  Wonderful, isn't it?!!

al

editor
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 09:19:05 pm »

I am plus and minused.  Who's rating?  On what grading system?  To what end?  Can someone please explain the rating of individual posters.

Thanks.

Delila

No one uses it anymore.  However, there was a time when we were having big verbal wars on the BB, and the Assembly apoligists were giving Verne and myself negative points every chance they could.  They would log on multiple times per day, and click us a negative.

I don't like the rating system, but only in the sense that I don't like wintergreen as much as spearmint.  In other words, it's no big deal, and probably most of us ignore it anyways.

You seem to be doing well, Delila.  I would like to invite you into the inner circle, along with a few of us.  You will need to make a committment to post often, and the content of your posts must not damage the testimony of the BB...... Roll Eyes

Brent
delila

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 03:56:26 am »

Marcia:

You should get + clicks just for your penguins.  I sometimes catch myself zoning out just watching them.  It's probably theraputic

Delila
delila

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 04:19:40 am »

Al:
You REALLY DO give yourself negative clicks don't you?  That's sick, very assembly like actually.  And, according to my research, you have that in common with many ancient Catholics, like Martin Luther

delila
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 07:06:02 am »

Actually, the ancient catholics used to hit themselves over the head with boards. Giving yourself negative clicks is a lot safer and less painful. Besides, giving yourself negative clicks makes you more humble--at least that's what I've heard.

--Joe
delila

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2004, 09:27:41 pm »

false humility, I think.  When we put ourselves down in public we are waiting for someone else to tip the scales the other way in our defense.  Not, of course that Al does that.  No siree.
That Al,
Dear Brother though. Kiss
Delila
delila

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 08:29:37 pm »

Okay, so now we've got the + and - clicks figured (with little mystery left to discuss there)

How's about the starts.  How did we get ourselves stars?

Now we know about those star-bellied Sneeches, don't we?  The star bellied sneeches are the best on the beaches.  (The workers I guess)  They wouldn't invite those without stars to their frankfurter parties.  A sad story.  Dr Suess.  Anybody read it?  Should be on our rec reading page.  I hereby reccomend it.  Sneeches: by Dr Suess.

Now, what do our stars mean?
Delila
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2004, 08:39:04 pm »

Okay, so now we've got the + and - clicks figured (with little mystery left to discuss there)

How's about the starts.  How did we get ourselves stars?

Now, what do our stars mean?
Delila

Once you reach a certain number of posts (every 50 or every 100 or so), your "title" changes. For instance from Up and Coming Poster to Full Time Poster. I think the number of stars changes with your title as well.

Personally, I liked the titles we had before the conversion better. Wink

In fact, I think Brian should let me and Joe and whoever else come up with some new titles. That would be cool. Whaddya say, B? Grin

Hope that helps.

S
delila

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2004, 08:46:54 pm »

"Before the conversion"

Yikes, you mean we've been converted again and I didn't know?  I'm really in a mess.

drj
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2004, 08:57:09 pm »

I think I know the answer to this one, but most of us "full time posters" have 5 stars.  But BRENT not only has 5 stars, HIS ARE BIGGER THAN THE REST OF US.  As my kids would say, "Was up with that?" Wink Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: