AssemblyBoard
April 23, 2024, 08:31:38 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: photo post  (Read 82482 times)
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2004, 01:24:55 am »

Tom & Dave,

Don't you think perhaps you are being unduly harsh toward the shark(s)?  Roll Eyes

al

Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2004, 04:09:37 am »

While we are in the picture mode. I wanted you to see what Ottawa is like so you might consider coming to visit.

Hugh Grin
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 04:34:14 am by Hugh » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2004, 06:16:43 am »

Very good, very good all of you!! Grin Grin

Marcia:  I don't have any digital photos of my lovely bride, and an unmasked photo of myself may do damage to a camera Wink.  However,  I will see what I can do in the future.

Dave and Tom:  Good captions, but Dave's evoked great belly laughs from me Grin Grin Grin.

Al:  Watch it, or I may call the caption "et al; that's why I'm just passing Mark by."  Wink

Hugh:  How come you didn't share Ottawa in the winter?

Thanks Everyone,  Mark C.
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2004, 05:27:40 am »

Hugh:  How come you didn't share Ottawa in the winter?

Thanks Everyone,  Mark C.

I figure I would show a picture of the two weeks we have between  snowstorms Ha Ha. Grin

Come before September when it becomes cooler and by December well the igloos are ready. We have token Canadians to pose for pictures the smart ones head to Florida, Nevada and of course California.

Hugh
shinchy

Email
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2004, 02:24:13 am »

I was at the Star Trek Experience in Vegas in July and here is a picture of me at a Borg Alcove.
shinchy

Email
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2004, 02:26:04 am »

Here I am with the Borg Queen.
delila

Email
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2004, 03:15:44 am »

Shin,
the borg will always have a 'special' place in my heart.  Star Trek writers had no idea how they 'spoke to the heart' of x-assembly-ites with the borg stories.  Seven's journey to become an individual was/is much like mine, only she's got better manners.
d
shinchy

Email
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2004, 11:38:17 am »

Delila,
They have a special place in mine as well. First Contact came out a couple of months before I left so I definitely identified with Picard's anger in that film. When I left, I remembered thinking that I left my collective. Under normal circumstances, it would sound so anarchist or communist, but the Borg term definitely fit the Assembly.

I've always liked how they handled Seven's character on Voyager. She definitely was more interesting than some of the characters who were "fully human."

--shin
delila

Email
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2004, 08:04:05 pm »

Shin,
Seven's uniqueness is almost common now when one considers that she was taken from her parents at a young age and given a new identitiy.  Perhaps it's just common to me, having left home at age 15 to join the assembly (and leave a gruelling home life) and then working over the years in family crisis intervention situations such as home care under the supervision of social services, women's shelters and of course education - where children tell all.  So many children are growing up searching for identity and what they see in pop culture I'm afraid is not generally healthy.  It's a heart ache for me because probably it rings the old bells.  But I find a great deal of solace in sharing the joys and adventures of my own children, a lot of healing there too.  I think my kids have taught me more than anyone, and by kids I mean the two I gave birth to, all those that play with my kids in our back yard and all those I've 'taught' over the years.
d
shinchy

Email
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2004, 11:31:22 am »

Here I am with the Borg Queen.

Looks like Ensign Kim on an away mission to a Borg cube.

You may not know this but delila and myself and most of the regular Canadian posters are Star Trek fans.  When we left the assembly about a year ago now, we binged on Star Trek episodes.  We got a lot more spiritual insight from the episodes since we were out.  The parallels are uncanny.

MM

Marcia,
I remember when I was new to the board, we had some interesting talks about the Kira and Dukat episode where Dukat acts like Jim Jones.

I definitely posted these for you Trek fans.  Smiley

For somone like me who doesn't gamble, the Trek Experience was one of the things that made my visit to Vegas fun (that and the buffets). I went through the museum, saw the costumes and props, took a look at the Trek timeline, and went on two rides. When I looked at the Klingon exhibit, an actor in Klingon make-up and costume walked up to me and curated the exhibit. I got a pic with the Borg Queen, which made me very happy. I don't think I'd be too happy if she was real. I would not want to get assimilated.

I'm happy to talk Trek anytime.

Shin
Robb Middleton
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2004, 10:59:07 pm »

Just thought I'd add a picture of my wonderful family.  To those of you who knew me when . . . well, let's just say I look the same, only slightly older.  This photo was taken of my wife and I on February 14, 2004 out in Las Vegas at her aunt's wedding.
Robb Middleton
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2004, 11:00:15 pm »

I wanted to post one of "My Three Sons" . . .literally.  They are great kids.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 11:00:33 pm by Robb Middleton » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2004, 08:29:04 pm »

I wasn't very forthcoming with my last post, so I figured I'd post this most recent picture taken after a  concert performance. At 47 I can still rock out with the best of them. I promise--no more photos after this.

--Joe

Hey Joe:
Is that a Gibson hollow body guitar??!!
Verne
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2004, 10:15:21 pm »

Verne----

No--it is actually a guitar my father bought for me back
in 1966 called an "Orpheus". I still have the guitar, though I'm the one with the hollow body now. By the way, it looks like I made a typo in my favor(or maybe it was wishful thinking). I turned 49 in August, so I was 48 when I made that post, not 47.

--Joe
vernecarty
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2004, 12:03:44 am »

Verne----

No--it is actually a guitar my father bought for me back
in 1966 called an "Orpheus". I still have the guitar, though I'm the one with the hollow body now. By the way, it looks like I made a typo in my favor(or maybe it was wishful thinking). I turned 49 in August, so I was 48 when I made that post, not 47.

--Joe

Oh..it looked like the totally babe-a-licious Gibson EB3...be still my beating heart  Smiley
Any other Lee Ritenour fans out there?!

Verne

p.s.Biblically speaking Joe, you are barely out of your youth ( that ends at forty!)  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 12:16:09 am by vernecarty » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: