AssemblyBoard
May 01, 2024, 06:39:31 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: photo post  (Read 82789 times)
lenore
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2004, 10:19:03 am »

Enclose is a picture of the Ottawa River:

I tried to download a picture I had created from
Paint.

It did not work.

Does anyone have any ideas how we can be artistic and  share it. Roll Eyes
lenore
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2004, 01:07:21 pm »

MAY 24 4:14 AM EST:

SHOWING YOU WHY I AM CALLED THE GRAMMIE OF TWINS.

MY GRANDSONS  HAVE JUST TURNED 6 YEARS OLD MAY 21ST.
THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN 3 DAYS AFTER THEY WERE BORN.
THIS IS A FOUR GENERATION PICTURE.
MY MOM, ME AND MY DAUGHTER CHRISTIE AND THE TWIN BABY BOYS.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 01:09:19 pm by LENORE » Logged
lenore
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2004, 03:41:20 pm »

MAY 29: 6:47 AM::EST:::

PHOTO ENCLOSED :
about 12-14 years ago I was a volunteer reporter, with my own  magazine show.

The person is a television anchor, vp of Ottawa News Station.

He was very gracious at allowing me to interview me.
This man has now between 30-40 years television reporting and anchoring , and has been given several Order of Canada awards.

Just wanted to share this milestone memory with you.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2004, 12:36:02 am »

Hi Everyone!

Tried to attach a photo but am unable to separate picture from entire group as it wants to send all my photos which is too large a file.

I try to just type the name of the single picture but the computer won't recognize it by the title under the photo.

Any computer geeks out there with the answer to why I can't send my photo?  I have had no problems emailing it to others by just clicking on the photo, but the BB apparently can't separate the file, or my little photo is just too big for the BB?  I can't believe that.

Thanks,  Mark C.
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2004, 03:24:28 am »

Hi Mark

1. Open the picture on your PC
2. Select File/Save as and save to your desktop as a .jpg file. See the file type list below the file name.
3. Right click on the file on the desktop and check the properties and check the size. More than 200KB it needs to be smaller. That is harder to do. Just PM me and I can email you how to do this.
4. Start a new post on the BB
5. Click Browse and select the file from the desktop
6. Click Save
(You should see a path like this "C:\directory\filename.jpg" inserted above the buttons to Save, Preview, Reset Form, if not repeat step 5. and 6.)
7. Type your comments etc. in the post.
8. Click below the post on the button marked Post or Save whichever appears wait for it to load.

See the picture below from an outing this Winter.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 03:43:36 am by Hugh » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2004, 06:02:20 am »

Hugh,

Nice looking collie.  Yours?

Mark,

Thank God for Hugh & others who are patient with us old codgers.  I have successfully posted photos, but I don't do it often, so every time I have to learn the process all over again.  If all else fails, we can always e-mail our pix to somebody who knows what they're doing & request that they post for us Wink

Y'all have a blessed Lord's day,
al

Mark C.

Email
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2004, 06:07:08 am »

Thanks Hugh!

However, the file must be too large and I'm afraid I will need your further help in figuring out how to make it smaller.  It's already a thumbnail size and if it gets much smaller you won't be able to see it.

God Bless,  Mark C.

What do you mean us old Codgers, Kemosabe? Wink
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2004, 09:22:47 am »

Al

The Collie was at the farm where a bunch of us singles went for a hay ride. It was a gorgeous day in the backwoods of Quebec.

Mark

To make a file smaller in KB size I could do it for you and send it back to you. The best way for you to make it smaller is to have software that is used to share pictures by email. They have predetermined settings like email, print, thiumbnail, and screen 15", 17" etc. The more technical software has byte size and gets into pixels and or inches. A good size is 640 X 480 pixels that usually is small enough to upload. If you have the other software use the email setting and save the file to the desktop then upload the file. If you have one of those new cameras with megapixels galore they print beautiful pictures but are way too big to upload here. Let me know if this helps or else just email the picture and I can resize it and return it to you.

Hugh Grin
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2004, 11:31:21 am »

Hi Hugh!

I sent the pic. to you and hopefully you can shrink it and we will actually be able to see the thing.

Thanks,  Mark C.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2004, 01:58:43 am »

Hi Everyone!

This is about my sixth attempt to post this photo.  If it comes through I will explain in the next post.

God Bless,  Mark C.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2004, 02:06:22 am »

Sheesh!  All that rigamarole for that?  We can't even tell it's you...  for all we know it could be a National Geographic reject! Grin

al Wink

P.S.-- You know perfectly well what I mean, Hermano!

el otro Codger

Mark C.

Email
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2004, 02:14:03 am »

Hoorah--and many thanks to Hugh!  It came through!!! Smiley Smiley

In the photo on the previous post I am the diver, though it probably is hard to tell who that masked man is.

The funny thing is that I do not know that this shark is behind me.  In front of me are a bunch of sharks (you can't see this in the pic.) which are circling in a wide sandy bottom area and there are photographers/divers taking photos of them.

I think that I have a good safe distance between me and the sharks and all of a sudden the one in the pic. comes sailing by right behind me and passes withing three feet of my head! Shocked  I don't realize this until all the cameras start turning my way; "why", I wonder, "are these guys turning toward me and wanting to take my photo?", I'm wondering, and this is why I am reaching to remove my regulator from my mouth in this photo so that I can smile.

Some of the others took a better shot with the shark passing me and my surprised look, but I will have to wait until they send them to me to share them with you.

Photo has nothing to do with the Assembly, but possibly some could come up with a caption that might be analagous.
  Thanks again Hugh for making this possible! Smiley
                                      God Bless,  Mark C.  

Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2004, 02:33:14 am »

Mark you're very welcome. Now if someone has an MP3 audio clip from Jaws that makes it complete.

Hugh Grin
Oscar

Email
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2004, 09:19:50 pm »

Hoorah--and many thanks to Hugh!  It came through!!! Smiley Smiley

In the photo on the previous post I am the diver, though it probably is hard to tell who that masked man is.

The funny thing is that I do not know that this shark is behind me.  In front of me are a bunch of sharks (you can't see this in the pic.) which are circling in a wide sandy bottom area and there are photographers/divers taking photos of them.

I think that I have a good safe distance between me and the sharks and all of a sudden the one in the pic. comes sailing by right behind me and passes withing three feet of my head! Shocked  I don't realize this until all the cameras start turning my way; "why", I wonder, "are these guys turning toward me and wanting to take my photo?", I'm wondering, and this is why I am reaching to remove my regulator from my mouth in this photo so that I can smile.

Some of the others took a better shot with the shark passing me and my surprised look, but I will have to wait until they send them to me to share them with you.

Photo has nothing to do with the Assembly, but possibly some could come up with a caption that might be analagous.
  Thanks again Hugh for making this possible! Smiley
                                      God Bless,  Mark C.  

Mark,

Suggested caption:  George Geftakys closes in on another unsuspecting victim.

Tom
outdeep

Email
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2004, 10:24:36 pm »

You only have to worry if the one of the sharks, while smacking it's lips  says, "We'd like to welcome to the fellowship of the Lord's supper - Mark Campbell." Shocked

« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 01:27:13 am by Dave Sable » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: