AssemblyBoard
April 27, 2024, 05:37:46 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: photo post  (Read 82592 times)
brian

Email
« on: February 03, 2004, 06:42:53 am »

i got the Attach: feature working due to popular demand. this allows you to upload (small) pictures of yourself, your family, your goldfish, or whatever else you want to proudly display to the world. to use this just go to the line that says Attach: (right above the Post button) and click Browse, then find the photo you want to upload. try to keep the photos somewhat small. i am setting a size upper limit of 200k, which i can adjust if its not working out. enjoy!

brian

ps this photo is a "self-portrait" i took in the hungarian national art museum when i was living in budapest.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 06:49:13 am by brian tucker » Logged
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 08:19:50 am »

No Attach: button. Or is it just me? Huh
Rachel

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 10:22:37 am »

test.. not working for me!   Cry
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 11:38:25 am »

this photo is a "self-portrait" i took in the hungarian national art museum when i was living in budapest.

Brian, you are indeed a man of many facets!!! Grin

;)al

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 11:45:08 am »

No Attach: button. Or is it just me? Huh

Nope, I can't find one either... Cry

al

d3z

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 12:03:12 pm »

Brian, your attach feature only appears present for some of your users: perhaps those who are running the same browser/os combination as yourself.  I can't find any mention of the attach feature in the source the server is giving me, so perhaps this determination is being made based in what the browser reports.

Dave
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 08:48:19 pm »

I'm really confused. Which one are you Brian? The cow or the dolphin?

--joe
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 02:20:33 am »

:PMy attach button is missing. Huh

If you find it let me know.

It is probably just the browser that I'm using that is messing up I can't attach files either.

Hugh Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 04:56:29 am by Hugh » Logged
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 05:39:22 am »

i got the Attach: feature working due to popular demand. this allows you to upload (small) pictures of yourself, your family, your goldfish, or whatever else you want to proudly display to the world. to use this just go to the line that says Attach: (right above the Post button) and click Browse, then find the photo you want to upload. try to keep the photos somewhat small. i am setting a size upper limit of 200k, which i can adjust if its not working out. enjoy!

brian

Mr. McNeil et al Smiley

There is no attach button.  There is an attach field, with a Browse button just above the Post button, below the Disable Smilies check box, below the Message window.

Marcia

Uh uh! Not on mine! Wink Grin

S
Rachel

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 06:25:18 am »

Me either, I don't have that field on either my home or work computer.

(Uh,  I mean, I never go on this board while I am at work.)   Embarrassed

brian

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 12:42:28 pm »

i did some more digging last night after scott reported it wasn't working for him, and realized it worked for me because i am an admin, and it worked for marcia because she is in a Member Group (Leading Postrix). i can only give permission to Member Groups to be able to post photos, so i either need to add everyone to a member group, or find some other work around so all of you can have this feature.

so, just to clarify - those of you who are saying you can't see the attach option, you are not blind or insane. it really isn't there for you. but its not because of anything you need to change on your end, i just need to make some adjustments on my end and then it should work for everyone. i will attempt to execute aforementioned adjustments forthwith.

carry on,

brian

ps joe - much as i would like to style myself as sleek, athletic and intelligent, i think we all know i live in the midwest  Undecided  Smiley
brian

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 12:46:03 pm »

Brian, you are indeed a man of many facets!!! Grin

some might call me fragmented, but i do so prefer multi-faceted Smiley then again i've also been tempted to entitle this piece "a bugs view". really captures the artistic nature of the photo, don't you think  Wink

brian
Tony

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 04:48:07 pm »

Dear Mr. Admin person...

I cannot agree here...
"so, just to clarify - those of you who are saying you can't see the attach option, you are not blind or insane. it really isn't there for you."

I know for a fact that at least one of the options above apply to me.   Maybe both??

" but its not because of anything you need to change on your end, i just need to make some adjustments on my end and then it should work for everyone."

Will I first see photos of trees walking or will this healing be all at once?  <grin>

With apologies to Mr. Guthrie:
   Admin Brian looked at the poster, then he looked at the Seeing Eye dog.  And Admin Brian realized that there was no way that the poster was going to see the twenty-seven tiny little digital photos with the dolphins and penguins on them, or understand the funny little paragraphs declaring why someone chose this picture.

Be Blessed,  Tony (with nose against the screen)...maybe I need a touch screen?
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 11:54:30 pm »

Tony,

In case you were wondering, two pictures have been posted in this thread so far.  The picture that Brian posted shows an array of small square mirrors, eight wide by thirteen high for a total of a hundred and four mirrors.  Each reflects a somewhat distorted picture of a fragment of Brian taking the picture.  After looking at his fragmented picture, I still don't know what he looks like.

Marcia posted a picture showing a dolphin leaping out of the water, and in place of a second dolphin leaping next to it, the photo has been edited to show a cow instead.

Marcia's "ID" picture is a video clip which shows a penguin walking on the ice on a "pond".  What actually happens is that the ice breaks and the penguin falls on its face in the water.  The video clip has been edited to show the second penguin standing nearby using its wing to push the first one over onto its face.

Hugh's "ID" picture is the mascot of the LINUX operating system which is a fat cartoon penguin.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 08:59:15 pm by Stephen M. Fortescue » Logged
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2004, 12:04:17 am »

Dear Mr. Admin person...

I cannot agree here...
"so, just to clarify - those of you who are saying you can't see the attach option, you are not blind or insane. it really isn't there for you."

I know for a fact that at least one of the options above apply to me.   Maybe both??

" but its not because of anything you need to change on your end, i just need to make some adjustments on my end and then it should work for everyone."

Will I first see photos of trees walking or will this healing be all at once?  <grin>

With apologies to Mr. Guthrie:
   Admin Brian looked at the poster, then he looked at the Seeing Eye dog.  And Admin Brian realized that there was no way that the poster was going to see the twenty-seven tiny little digital photos with the dolphins and penguins on them, or understand the funny little paragraphs declaring why someone chose this picture.

Be Blessed,  Tony (with nose against the screen)...maybe I need a touch screen?

Now that's funny! Smiley

Kinda scary, though, since Brian is wrong. Could it be that I do have the button but have gone insane?

Joe, from your experience, what are the first symptoms of insanity? Grin

S
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: