AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 04:06:24 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: photo post  (Read 82463 times)
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2004, 04:56:41 am »

i did some more digging last night after scott reported it wasn't working for him, and realized it worked for me because i am an admin, and it worked for marcia because she is in a Member Group (Leading Postrix). i can only give permission to Member Groups to be able to post photos, so i either need to add everyone to a member group, or find some other work around so all of you can have this feature.

make a "user" group that all users are defaulted to.

--
lucas
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2004, 11:16:12 am »

The picture that Brian posted shows an array of small square mirrors, eight wide by thirteen high for a total of a hundred and eight mirrors.  Each reflects a somewhat distorted picture of a fragment of Brian taking the picture.  After looking at his fragmented picture, I still don't know what he looks like.

Stephen, I'm afraid you just don't get it:  The photo is not fragmented-- that's what Brian actually looks like.  He's had a very hard life...

;Dal

sfortescue

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2004, 09:50:34 pm »

I found a nice rat picture in Brian's photo gallery:

I also found some pictures of Brian that are clearer than what he posted below.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 04:09:34 pm by Stephen M. Fortescue » Logged
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 04:00:22 pm »

I remember that there used to be someone in Fullerton who always had his pet rat on his shoulder whereever he went, even at meetings and outreach.  When I was a kid, my mom had many animals.  She once wrote a paper for a writing class at college called, "Obsevations on the fecundity of Rodentia Muridae, or how I came to have eighty white rats."  As kids we used to do all sorts of things with the rats like putting them through mazes.  They seem to like mazes.  Rats tend to be very friendly, at least when they are tame.  This is in contrast with tree squirrels, which tend to be ornery even when tame.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 01:57:33 am »

Stephen----

When I was a kid a friend of mine gave away his two rats to me. One was "mama rat" and the other was "baby rat"(he of course was the offspring of "mama"). they were white and brown and medium sized. But I could put them on the ground and they woould literally follow me around the yard. They would never bite, and they were quite intelligent.

But then I made a huge error. I bought 2 more smaller rats at the pet shop and put them in the cage with them( I had a huge bird cage that they lived in). The next morning the two new smaller rats were both dead--bloodied at the bottom of the cage. Then the next morning the "mama" rat had killed the "baby" the same way. She also started biting me. Then she eventually died.  Sorry for the strange rat story--but you brought up rats, so I thought I'd share my experience.

I think I remember the guy with the rat on his shoulder. His name was Jerry I think. His right ear looked strange, like the ear lobe had been gnawed off or something. Just kidding. I don't remember that guy---could he go to the meetings with the rat?

--Joe
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 01:58:13 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2004, 03:23:41 am »

I believe you young fellers are thinking of Mike Abt (pronounced APT).  This was when we first started meeting at Hillcrest Park.  Mike used to bring his rat with him everywhere, but when we began breaking bread at Hillcrest, George either told him or had someone tell him to take the rat home before he would be allowed to enter the building.  Mike was with us for years, but I never saw the rat again...

al

« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 03:41:57 am by al Hartman » Logged
Oscar

Email
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2004, 03:35:03 am »

Hi folks,

Mike Abt is with the Lord.

I ran into him at the doctor's office about 10 years ago.  He told me he had been diagnosed with colon cancer.

He had surgury, chemotherapy and so on...but he died anyway.

I visited him  before he died.  He was trusting the Lord.

Sadly, his wife told me that "I don't believe any more".

Since I was an apostate the folks who arranged his funeral (assembly folks) didn't invite me.  I found out later that he was gone.

Thomas
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 03:38:44 am by Tom Maddux » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2004, 03:55:50 am »

Since I was an apostate the folks who arranged his funeral (assembly folks) didn't invite me.  I found out later that he was gone.

This is a sad state of affairs that has been oft-repeated wherever there was an assembly.  The non-exclusive one true church & testimony couldn't risk the contamination that might open the eyes of its labor force through the occasion for simple fellowship with someone from outside the sheepfold prison walls. Cry    I was once an enforcer of such oppression, and am unspeakably grateful to have been forgiven and to no longer be a part of it.

al Hartman

brian

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2004, 04:29:19 am »

i think i got the Attach option to work for everyone now. play with it and let me know.
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2004, 04:44:06 am »

let me see if this works for me:

This is my beautiful daughter Brittni for all those who didn't know what she looks like (if this actually works, we'll see!)
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2004, 04:44:50 am »

Brian - You're the bomb!  Grin   It worked!
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2004, 05:16:17 am »

This is a picture of, from left: Brad Mathias, Rachel Geftakys and Stephen McCumber (that's my little brother, not me). It was taken in Tuscola at the House of Promise ca. 1979.

Pretty cool, huh?

Thanks, B!

Scott
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 05:32:53 am by Scott McCumber » Logged
Rachel

Email
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2004, 05:36:36 am »

This is me and my two boys.  Robert is to the left and Daniel is to the right.  

This is so cool.   Cool
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2004, 05:42:36 am »

Hey, check out the picture or Rachel's son Daniel in the preceeding photo (on the right).

Then check out the pic of Rachel when she was two in the photo post before that.

Uncanny, huh? Cheesy

S
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2004, 07:16:27 am »

Kimberley----

Does Brittni need any tutoring? I'm horrible at Math, but I'm a great Math tutor. Just thought I'd ask--I'm free Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Oh yeah, I also have Saturdays and Sundays free too.

--Joe

Grin just kidding
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 07:17:15 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: