AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 06:06:36 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Before and After D-Day  (Read 13819 times)
M2
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2003, 03:59:02 am »

Quote from members in October of 2002:

Praise God, our brother still has a burden!  Saints, the tape meeting is where we get our vision!  The tapes still contain the annointing!

After:

We weren't following George.  We always taught what the bible said.

Worker's who attended the 2002 Worker's Conference heard George Geftakys preach on the 7th-day creation, if they were present and alert at the meeting when he preached it.  In Ottawa we were starting to listen to the 2002 Worker's Conf. tapes on Sunday afternoons. We had heard 1 or 2 messages when we heard of GG's excommunication. At that point we stopped all ministry from GG and removed all his books from the book table and disassociated ourselves from him and his ministry. I am a bit surprised that we were even listening to the tapes in the first place, but I also wonder if any Worker actually challenged/questioned GG re. 7th-day creation.

These people have no idea just how much George Geftakys is STILL controlling their lives through IDEAS inculcated by years of false teaching.

God bless,
Thomas Maddux
I agree with Tom M in his observation quoted above.

Lord bless,
Marcia (never a worker or an LBW) Smiley
M2
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2003, 08:56:24 am »

The assembly:

Before: I couldn't imagine life without it.

Now: I cannot imagine life with it.

Marcia
M2
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2003, 09:42:11 pm »

It's a local issue - Don't interfere

I am glad that the apostle Paul did not have this attitude, because then we would not have benefitted from the many epistles he wrote to the churches in various localities. The epistles are not transcripts of messages he preached while visiting. He wrote them and they were delivered - an indication that he was not in that locality at the time that the message was given.

The various assemblies request and receive prayer requests from each other for their NOPs. Thus, they admit an 'involvement' with the other assembly gatherings. When issues arise that demand their involvement, however, they take a 'hands off' approach.

This mentality delayed the exposure of DGs abuse, thus bringing much devastation to his household. To date the 'abusive' system continues in the assemblies because the various ones are too cowardly to rise up and speak the truth about issues within their own gathering and in other gatherings that they have 'involved' themselves with.

Lord bless,
Marcia
editor
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2003, 01:09:42 am »

It's a local issue - Don't interfere

I am glad that the apostle Paul did not have this attitude, because then we would not have benefitted from the many epistles he wrote to the churches in various localities. The epistles are not transcripts of messages he preached while visiting. He wrote them and they were delivered - an indication that he was not in that locality at the time that the message was given.

The various assemblies request and receive prayer requests from each other for their NOPs. Thus, they admit an 'involvement' with the other assembly gatherings. When issues arise that demand their involvement, however, they take a 'hands off' approach.

This mentality delayed the exposure of DGs abuse, thus bringing much devastation to his household. To date the 'abusive' system continues in the assemblies because the various ones are too cowardly to rise up and speak the truth about issues within their own gathering and in other gatherings that they have 'involved' themselves with.

Lord bless,
Marcia

This local issue thing is absolutely farsical.

George calls himself a "minister of universal appointment," in his book, The Itinerate Ministry.  He clearly saw himself as someone who was used worldwide, not just in a locality.  

Dealing with his sin should take into account who he was, how he functioned, etc.  It is ludicrous to say, "It's a local issue."  Just because someone has adulterous relationships in So. Cal, doesn't mean they are without sin in No. Cal.

They say this sort of thing because they are blind fools.

Brent
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: