AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 02:35:56 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: MOVE ON!!!: My Thoughts  (Read 17316 times)
danf

Email
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2003, 01:51:08 am »

I sure hope this BB as well as the GA website continues.  I'll probably archive it onto a disk and save for my children to look at and learn from before moving out of the house.  Dan Fredrickson (SLO 85-88)
brian

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2003, 03:32:32 am »

and i forgot to mention - i think its time to enjoy the board as members for a while, rather than leave it vulnerable to the ramblings of any guest that might be passing by. thus guests can no longer view the board, everyone must register and logon. i am hoping this will give us the kind of protection that will allow us to develop as a community. maybe later i'll allow guest reading and posting again, but it seems better this way to me right now. what do the rest of you think?
BeckyW

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2003, 05:03:55 am »

Brian,
I think it's a good idea for now, too, for the same reasons.  There is much we haven't said publicly about our own experiences because we believe that our former leaders who are still leading in the same old assembly ways are spiritually deceived.  After all, George was energized by some spirit, obviously not the Holy Spirit, and these men were his co-workers.  Awakening and repentance is what's needed.
BTW, Al, Phill and I read the same Oswald Chambers you posted today at dinner, and had a long conversation about how exposing wrongs like these is NOT what he is writing about.  Faithful men exposed this "work" for what it was, and led the way in repenting for their support of it.  We praise God for them.
Brent, we're printing and reading the fear, pride and virtue article.  Hope everyone else does, too.  
Becky
Mark Kisla
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2003, 07:30:33 am »

and i forgot to mention - i think its time to enjoy the board as members for a while, rather than leave it vulnerable to the ramblings of any guest that might be passing by. thus guests can no longer view the board, everyone must register and logon. i am hoping this will give us the kind of protection that will allow us to develop as a community. maybe later i'll allow guest reading and posting again, but it seems better this way to me right now. what do the rest of you think?
Brian,
I think take it a step at a time and see how things develope.
It will be a nice break to not keep going in circles regarding the same issue over and over. If I am offended or feel defiled by what I find here. I'll state my opinion. I have the freedom to step away from the BB like a gentleman.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 07:57:57 am by Mark Kisla » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2003, 09:33:40 am »

After all, George was energized by some spirit, obviously not the Holy Spirit...

Let all who read properly seize this key...it opens the door to your freedom...without it, you remain in bondage...
Verne
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 09:34:41 am by vernecarty » Logged
Oscar

Email
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2003, 09:48:12 am »

I agree with the policy of having people register if they wish to post.  However, since spreading information about the assembly is one of the reasons the BB exists, it seems to me that letting guests read would be a good idea.

Thomas Maddux
brian

Email
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2003, 12:17:05 pm »

I agree with the policy of having people register if they wish to post.  However, since spreading information about the assembly is one of the reasons the BB exists, it seems to me that letting guests read would be a good idea.

i agree - unfortunately, the way this board software is written, its all one way or the other. guests either can read and post, or can do neither. there may be some modifications i can install or crank out myself sometime in the near future that'll give us exactly what we want. we'll see. meanwhile, back to my homework...

brian
Arlene

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2003, 09:36:38 pm »

I also agree with having people register and the best way of explaning why I agree is this, "What was clear to us when we read it isn't so clear anymore."  From "How to Read the Bible for All It's Worth"
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: