AssemblyBoard
April 23, 2024, 02:40:16 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tr0ckmans  (Read 19664 times)
Tr0ckman

Email
« on: November 15, 2002, 09:43:03 am »

Cheesy
Hello everyone. It seems that you must have found this board as well. Let me give you all a short update about my family.

Suzie and I celebrated our 16th anniversary this last August.  We have been through some hard times, but we are still in love and committed to eachother, even after 5 kids and 17 years in The Assembly.

Our faith has never been stronger, and we have been experiencing the joy and peace that we had always hoped for, since June of 2000, when God delivered us.  Our story is on a website, www.geftakysassembly.com.

Look around there and you will find Navigating the Deeper Life, which tells our story.

Shawn is 12.5 and is 5'9" tall!  He is being homeschooled this year, and is doing great. He plays football, basketball and snowboards. His favorite activity at present is to go to the church youthgroup and hang out with his friends.

Jill is 11 and is 4'4", much shorter than her brother.  However, she is involved in gymnastics, and finished 6th in the zone championships this year.  We drive all over California every weekend for her meets.  Thankfully, the season is now over for a few months so we can rest! She is also a straight A student and is beginning to regain her joy and vitality in the Lord.  The Assembly was hard on her.

Stephen is a wonderful boy, 9 years old. He can walk on his hands, do one-arm pushups, run all day, and he can tackle. Boy can he tackle, he plays middle linebacker on his football team and he is dangerous.  Stephen is quite popular, and many times we are known around town as "Stephen's parents."

Paulina is 5 and is doing great in kindergarten.  She is my special little girl, as she loves to sail. The bigger the waves, the better. She has a winning smile and is very happy all the time.

Chloe is a real charmer. She is the youngest and has learned how to make herself heard, even though she is tiny compared to the others.  She is quite beatiful and has a charming, witty personality, just like her mother.

Suzie is still a total knockout blonde.  She has many friends all over town, what with all of our activities.

We attend Calvary SLO, but believe the church has no walls.  We fellowship with plenty of other Christians, from other churches as well.  We host a Bible study in our home every Wednesday nite and really enjoy having people in our home.

There is much more to say, but let me say that we are so happy to be delivered.  Even though we have been excommunicated, and our former friends pray for us to die, we still love them!

Brent
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 09:28:26 am »

Boy you have quite a troop at your place!  I pray for long life and God's richest blessing for you and yours!
  I thank the Lord that you have put forth the effort to see this site raised up and I know the Lord will use it (he already has) to bless many.
  Any Assembly folks reading here please know that we are not seeking revenge, but your blessing.  There should be only blessed fellowship between Christians as Christ died to purchase it. (I guess I'm off topic and should be in the section on grace Wink)
  One of these days I'll figure out what all those tags on top mean.             God Bless,  Mark
trockman

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2002, 12:35:05 pm »

Hi Mark

I am trying to figure out how to use all the console of buttons.  Hmm, there is a help button, shall i try it...naw!

Anyways, Everything seems to be working.  All kinds of stuff behind the scenes around here, lots of new things to be posted soon.

I think I'll try out some buttons.
    [ Shocked][ Kiss][ Grin]

Hey what does this thing do?
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2002, 10:38:35 pm »

Hi Everyone!
  My name is Mark Campbell and my wife's name is Synthia (Sindy).  We live in the "friendly" village of Fallbrook which is in Northern San Diego County.  Fallbrook has a great climate which makes it perfect for avocado and citrus ( no I do not work for the chamber of commerce).
   We have two daughters, who are both married and have left us with an empty nest.  However, when they visit they bring four children with them (one more on the way) and the nest is more crowded then ever!
    We left the Assembly in the San Fernando Valley back in May of 1991 where I was a leading brother.  I will tell my story elsewhere re. the details.
    Some personal traits:  I do not like to use help buttons and prefer to wonder what they all mean Wink, I have changed slightly from the youthful young Assemblyite I was, but still unload 20,000 Lbs. of groceries a day by hand 5 days a week at work (boy my back hurts) .  Sindy has not changed at all and still looks like the beautiful red head many of you remember.  I trade futures, as it keeps my mind active, and I love to discuss things like the potential for rallies in the grain markets.  Most of all I love to share the Gospel and to see those who have been devastated by their involvement in groups like the Assembly find the grace of God in truth.  And, I always sign my post's---------------       God Bless,  Mark  

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 10:39:19 am »

Wow 20000lbs of groceries?
You must eat a lot.  how much of that is coffee?
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2002, 05:11:55 pm »

Dear Guest,
  Thank you for your concern re. my large appetite.  My job is to deliver food to restaurants, or other large institutions, THEY in turn consume the 20,000LB's daily.  I only get to watch and smell all these places cooking up this food!
  I have been on a diet and watching all that food being cooked in kitchens while working is a sore trial for me.
                                                  God Bless,  Mark
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2002, 04:24:31 am »

Dear Guest Continued---
  I just now got your coffee sarcasm Grin.  20,000LB's of coffee daily the Assembly way would indeed be an experience Tongue.
                            God Bless. Mark
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2002, 08:32:00 pm »

Still on a diet  Mark?  You must be a string bean.

I'm on a seafood diet.  At least when I see food I eat it.  Grin

Lord bless you,

Eric
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2002, 05:31:17 pm »

Hi Eric,
  Yes, unfortunately I'm always on a diet and am never a string bean!  When Becky got married a couple of years back I couldn't fit into my suit and so I started my most recent diet.  The "Guest" poster suggested I try the coffee diet of the Assembly, but though I'm sure it would work the price to pay would be too high.  I have been able to keep it off for the last couple of years, but have resigned myself to the fact that I will always have to be on a diet of some kind as I like to eat too much.           God Bless,  Mark
Eulaha L.

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2002, 10:43:57 pm »

Eulaha: Where is She These Days?

Ok, I'm new at this and hope I'm doing it correctly.  Wink

Leaving the Assembly was one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I left in January of 2001.  After spending a few months checking out churches (including Calvary Chapel, which was a blessing), I got severly depressed, and began to see a counselor, who put me on a daily regimen of antidepressants.

In August of that same year, a dear friend of mines in Grover Beach took me under her wing.  I live with her and her two school-aged daughters until February of 2002.  Then, I moved to New York!

New York is a challenge for me, but I am enjoying living a life away from the San Luis Obispo assembly.  I am so different than I used to be, and most people, after talking to me for just a few minutes, will notice that I am much happier than I was while a member of the Assembly.

I am currently going to the state university, and liking it very much!  Grin  I have made some friends, and am thriving.  I still need help from anti-depressants, but my doctor assures me that soon, I will be able to function without them.  God have been very good to me!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2002, 11:03:02 pm by editor » Logged
trockman

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2002, 10:56:51 pm »

Hi Eulaha!

Glad to see you over here. Also glad to hear of your state of well being.

Welcome to GA.com!  I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Brent
Tr0ckman

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2002, 03:30:44 am »

Hello everyone:

I have had two very interesting encounters over the last couple of days. In both cases, people expressed to me that I might become the target of physical violence, due my posting articles on the Internet about George and David Geftakys and their family business.  (I can't help it, I still like Tim.)  Smiley

Well, I am saying this for two reasons:

1.) I don't believe that I am in any danger.  I don't think they would stoop to that level.

2.) If something should happen, there is a public record of it here, as well as at the police department.

However, I don't believe for one second that they would do such a thing, and neither should any of you.

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving, and Praise His Name!

Brent
trockman

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2002, 07:41:57 am »

OK, this is a little wierd:

I make that last post, and this place shuts down like a ghost town!

Is it because:

1. you all realize I'm a freak and don't want to be on the same bulletin board
2. you are all scared of getting whacked by the "doorkeepers"
3. It is Thanksgiving and you are all with your families and away from the stupid computer.

I'll bet it's number 3... Grin

You know, I was just reading some of the tesimonials on the main site, and the one about the phone call to Bro. George is absolutely hilarious!  I never really appreciated how funny it was, but really, I have been chuckling all day, along with totally irritating my wife by saying:

"Honey, if you only had the capactiy to understand these things I'm telling you!"

Anyway,  Have a great weekend.

Brent
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2002, 10:15:39 pm »

Hi Brent,
  I too am enjoying your "Man of Fire" icon.  It appears you have been reading "The Lord Of The Rings" again and are taken with the Balrog character in same.
  Subject of an Assembly hit?!  The Mormons used to have a posse that would do these kind of hits in the Old West, but it was established to render vengence on those who were guilty of physical violence against their fellow Mormons.
  I would settle for just officially being excommunicated.  I would like to receive a letter so that I could frame it and hang it up in a prominent place in my home.  I think a person of my character deserves to receive an excommunication, since I am such a divisive individual.
                                        God Bless,  Mark

Aslan213

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2002, 01:06:23 pm »

Hi everyone,

Mark, unfortunately I have to tell you that you will probably never get a letter of excommunication.  It's one of those things in life that some will miss out on.  I suppose if you showed up at a meeting and insisted on a letter before leaving, you might get one.  I Would love to see the expression on the faces of the Big 3!  Shocked  Grin

Can I get a video of it if you do go back?  Grin

Lord Bless You,

Eric
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: