AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 06:58:05 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Admitting mistakes  (Read 4711 times)
royalovercomer

Email
« on: December 11, 2002, 04:45:29 am »

Wouldn't it be nice if the leaders in the assembly admitted to their mistakes.  They talk so much about how we need to be entreatable, but when it comes to them repenting--oh no, never, nada, no way. I would be encouraged if George admitted to just one mistake, like, "Oh, that was really my bad on the wrong verse there, not my secretary's."

I have a dream.  I dream that George and his lackies will come clean so that one day the assembly-kid and the compromised-worldy Christian-kid can play together in the same school yard.  If it were to happen, I would think it would go something like this:

(Note, not the actual words of George)

At the first, when I embarked upon the journey to perceive the sober gravity of my predicament, I couldn't help but think--this website has caused me much trouble.  But now, dear friends -- are you listening?  Listen, I want to tell you something.  Now, dear friends, this website has premandatominously made me to see magnitude of the grief I have caused.  And I was just telling my dear wife Betty this the other day.  Honey, I see the error of my ways.  Yes, dear friends, it's true.  I am a failure and a mess.  To put it in the words of the Psalmist, Oh...OH!! You see, it's not just "Oh" but "OH!!" Oh woe...WOE!! Oh, woe is me. No wait, forgive me...wait that's not right.  Wait...hmm...forgive me dear friends, that was from Poe.  You'll have to please excuse my secretary, she means well....Ah that's it, Have mercy upon me Oh God....

And so, in short, I want to say...and I mean this from the bottom of my heart...please forgive me and my dear Betty.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 08:57:09 pm by royalovercomer » Logged
trockman

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 08:47:30 am »

Yo, Roy! Grin

That picture is too cool.  I'm sure you all know where this pic comes from?  In this part of The Shining, Jack Nicholson is a doorkeeper!

Seriously, I saw that movie in highschool, and it's the last scary movie I've ever seen.  It scared the lodge out of me!  I hate movies like that.

Roy, your pic looks like a guy who shouts into a pillow at 4am to me!

Brent
royalovercomer

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 09:00:54 pm »

Doorkeepers scare me.   Shocked
Arthur
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2003, 11:19:28 pm »

A friend of mine mentioned to me something that I thought was significant. "Why do so many people make excuses? It's always someone else's fault."
It does seem as if in the world we live in today, hardly any one wants to take responsibility for their actions and almost everyone tries to weasel their way out of bad situations.

Strangely enough I began to think of the assembly and of Bill Clinton.  There are some striking similarities.
Look at our former president, Mr. Clinton. What a great example for young men in this country  Angry His lawyers argued for days about what the word "is" means. In his so-called "repentence" speech, he doesn't admit that what he did was wrong, instead he attacks those who are trying to bring him to justice. He said he had a job to do and wanted to put all this behind him. But the truth was that he got caught and he didn't want to have to take responsibility and consequences for his actions. He doesn't do the right thing and step down. He didn't care about America, he only cared about himself.

Now I ask you, does this sound familiar?  Aren't these the very same characteristics of leaders in the assembly?
Ironically, when I lived in David's house, he made it painfully clear that we were not to shift blame or make excuses (even if they were valid reasons and not excuses).  What a hypocrite.  It was OK only for him to say something along the lines of, "I repented of it, the Lord forgave me and threw it into the sea of forgetfulness, so I'm not lying when I say I never did it."  Can you believe that?

On another note, in the news recently you see on the other end of the spectrum someone like Trent Lott who didn't do anything like sleep with an intern, yet he DOES step down because the p.c. media makes it this huge issue for something he said.  They were on him like a pack of wolves.  Can't a man have an opinion? even if it is, oh heaven forbid, not p.c.  What happened to Lott is also vaguely reminiscent of how it is in the assembly.  If you don't say or do the acceptable things proving your loyalty and conformity to the hive mind, you'll get stripped of responsibility or not given any in the first place.

What is this world coming to? Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2003, 11:28:52 pm by Arthur » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: