AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 03:31:22 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fond memory of David G  (Read 4236 times)
Bob Sturnfield

Email
« on: December 29, 2002, 01:47:55 am »

Many may wonder why I never held a grudge against David G.

My fondest memories of my earliest days in the assembly had to do with David G.

At a house meeting I was given a consequence for failing to water the garden, I had to strip and re-varnish a door.

After the meeting I pointed out to him privately that the garden was Timothy's stewardship.

He said that he was a man of God and that his decisions stand, that when David passed judgement on Mephibosheth it still had to be carried out  I still had to re-varnish the door.

I tried as hard as I could to do it with excellence, but I just could not convince myself it was the Lord's will for me to do this door. Week after week I got consequences for not having this door re-varnished properly. I did those consequences joyfully, but still could not apply myself to do this door with excellence.

Finally, one of the sisters, Terri, came over and did my consequence for me. I remember she did it with such joy and I never was so thankful to anyone in my life.

Six years later we started dating and have now been married for 20 years.

So, whenever I think back on the hard times I had with David, it has always reminds me of why I love Teresa so much!
David Mauldin
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 12:38:37 am »

I remember the first time I talked to David.  we were at an event and I tried to talk to him about surfing.  The topic quickly became old for him and he was clearly irritated by my presence.  I kept talking when he blurted out "are you from New YorK?" and walked away.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: