AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 08:10:34 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys  (Read 49419 times)
retread

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2003, 07:17:15 am »

I have inquired, behind the scenes, for information regarding Tim Geftakys and have gotten nothing that would indicate he has committed adultery. Nevertheless, this BB continues to propagate that indictment.

Jim:

Which posts on this BB are you referring to?  I can't find the ones that continue to propagate that Tim has committed adultery.  I remember reading that Tim said he was faithful with Ginger.  But if there are any accusations here, this may help with some questions that I have. Please point me to the posts, this may answer some questions for me.

Thanks
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2003, 08:32:22 am »

Heide:

If you were judged falsely ( I believe you) don't go and do the same thing. However, if there is evidence to back up the insuation of adultery (Like Jim I think it is there) the specific facts need to be made known . At least say what "treating quite badly" means. Please pardon me if you did and I missed it.
retread

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2003, 08:52:23 am »

At least say what "treating quite badly" means.
Sebastian:

Was Tim the son you were referring to in your message regarding asking for massages from sisters?  If so, then this could be part of what Heide eluded to.
My wife, who was never an assembly member, is of the opinion that George was grooming potential "partners" through the foot and hand massages. It is interesting to hear that one of his sons was asking for massages from sisters too.
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2003, 09:33:05 am »

Dear Everyone,

I notice some similarities with this website and with history.  Please observe:

Back in the fifties, there was a thing called the "Red Scare".  It was when Americans were freaking out about Communism.  And so they started questioning everyone about their Communist beliefs.  Men and women were put on things called "blacklists" to show that they were Commies.  Falsely and truthfully.  They were publically shamed and some were even executed.

Back in the 1600's, there was a thing called the Salem Witch Trials.  It was where the colonists got freaked out by alleged witches.  They would hold court and neighbor would testify against neighbor.  "I saw Edward lift a duck with his eyes!!  And then he killed my dog with his witchcraft!!  I never saw it, but I know what he is like!!"  And so innocent people would dangle from a noose, mainly because of a rumor.  Unless, the guilty one recanted and confessed to doing so.  Even then, he or she might still get the noose.

Now we come to modern day, 2003.  Here we are still at the same things.  "I heard that so-and-so did such-and-such with so-and-so.  He needs to repent."

Over time, I have learned that this website believes: "Guilty until proven innocent."  And now this same mistrusting, sad state is shifting to everyone else.  Everyone is kept at a distance with suspicious glances and gossip on the side.  
"Recant, Tim Geftakys!  Repent, and Mother Website will recieve thee once more!"

Joan of Arc went through this with the Roman Catholics.  They made her recant and repent.  She did.  She was still burned to fine powder.

geftakysassembly.com seems to becoming more and more like this.  

This is pathetic.  There is no love here.  Just hateful, mistrusting attitudes.  Walk away, folks.  You have lives to live.  You have a Savior to live for.  

I know I will get lovely replies to this.  Something like "How dare you waltz in here and say that!"  I prefer to tango in truth.

And maybe some of you will come along and make judgements strictly on this post.  "You are so proud, Luke!  But then again so was I at your age!  Repent!"

Folks, this website just keeps getting lower and lower.  The dirt piles higher as we dig ourselves deeper.  "I need a new shovel!!"  No you don't.  You need a rope ladder thrown down to your poor self so you can get out of that mess.  

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
editor
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2003, 12:05:38 pm »

Luke Robinson:

I know you can't help saying the things you say, for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that you spent your whole life to date in the Assembly of George Geftakys.  It is not your fault, and for that reason, much of what you say I gladly overlook.

Let me give you a few facts:

This BB is NOT part of Geftakysassembly.com anymore, for precisely the reasons you site below.  Even though there is much on this BB that is "bad," there is far more that is quite good.  Nevertheless, I take no responsibility for the content on this bulletin board, except for the things which I have written myself.  You can't take what is written here and apply it to GA.com, they are seperate. Again, I understand why it bothers you, because of your upbringing.

Also, let me assure you that I have signed statements in my possession regarding Tim Geftakys and his conduct that demonstrate that he has a clear tendency to behave in improper ways towards sisters in his home.  In addition, I can prove that he is guilty of covering up his brother's abuse, as well as that of another couple.  I'll say no more than that for now.  

I'll tell you something funny.  I was taken to task, by people like you, 4 months ago, for saying that George was guilty.  People railed on me, and called me a liar, etc.  Well, how did it turn out?  Was I telling the truth?  (I think we both know the answer to that.)

Don't be too quick to judge that what people are saying is not true, just because you don't like the sound of it.  When I see something here that is not true, I always come right out and correct it.  Correcting error is done with truth, and facts.  Labeling the person who promulgates error as, "hateful, with a mistrusting attitude," does not demonstrate how they are in error.  If you have information that shows that the story someone is telling is false, then out with it!  If a person continues to espouse falsehood, then a label becomes appropriate, but not before.

Now, to label the GA.com website as a Salem Witch Trial, is really rather funny.  Did you see this on TV recently?  Also, not one thing on the main website can be considered, "I heard that so-and-so did such-and-such with so-and-so," as you describe.  Everything that is said is backed up by witnesses and a preponderance of irrefutable evidence.  Again, George wasn't excommunicated due to a rumor.  Why is it so hard for you to realize that if the lord of the house is a scoundrel, then many of the house servants were also?

Dear Luke, the worst thing that could happen to you right now, is that the people on this BB, like Verne Carty, Mark Campbell, Tom Maddux and others decide it's not worth it anymore.  Then you won't have the priviledge of hearing the truth about what you have been involved in, and you will be doomed to repeat it.  You may still do so yet.  Many people who are involved in groups like the Geftakys Assembly, don't learn the first time, and go on to repeat the errors in another organization.  I hope you don't do this, but statistics say you will.  While it is unfair to call you prideful, simply due to your posts, if in fact you are as proud as your words seem to indicate, you will certainly become entangled again in a yoke of bondage.

You were the one who wrote to Rick Ross and got put into the Hall of Flames, if I am not mistaken.  

"We are members of the [Geftakys] Assembly. Everything you say on your website is false and from the devil. The assembly is where we grew up. You should refrain from mocking and lying about us. It's funny how many other religions that are wrong can be accepted, but the true religion is always mocked and called a cult. Don't worry Rick, Satan does not have a full grasp on you yet. There is still hope!! Praise the Lord! We will pray for you."

This recipient later wrote -- "I could care less about being put in your stupid 'Hall of Flames.' It should be a reminder to you that if you keep calling us a 'cult,' that's where you will go--to the hall of flames in HELL."

Did you ever write back to him and tell him that not everything that he published on his site was, "false and of the Devil?"  In fact, I wrote most of the info on that site, and I demand that you tell me what I wrote that is "false and of the Devil."  

Poor George, poor Tim, poor David.  We should be nicer to them.  Poor saints who blindly followed them,  we shouldn't have been so mean to shine the light in their eyes.  They were so happy before, when they listened to George, and the Assemblies were thriving...(when was that?  They have always been dismally lacking in growth)

Anyway, you get the picture.  I, for one, am losing patience with you and people like you, and am getting ready to cut you loose.  Your blood is not on my hands, and I can say before God that I am without guilt with regard to my responsibility in righting the wrongs of George's house, which I served for 17 years.

Brent Tr0ckman
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2003, 11:50:42 pm »

Luke Robinson...get a life!  Stop sticking up for sinful people like George and Tim.  If you don't like the content of this bulletin board, then why don't you follow your own advice? Kiss
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2003, 01:58:33 am »

Luke----

"If the blind lead the blind they will both fall into the
ditch". The Lord made that statement. I think it could apply here. You would have to be blind to stand up for George or anyone else in Leadership in Fullerton. George was excommunicated. You don't get excommunicated for a minor offense. The leadership doesn't "step down" for a minor offense. And the man who was excommunicated refuses to repent--and continues to teach in whatever small capacity that is. This is a blind man--he refuses to "see" what he has done to others and own up to it. Those who continue to follow him or stick up for him in his present state are blind men also. Will you continue to blindly follow a blind man? Jesus tells you where you'll wind up---in a ditch.

--Joe
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2003, 02:39:52 am »

Dear Everyone,

Well, I'll be--!!  I sure pressed the right buttons with that last post.  Grin

Dear Brent,

You are such a nice man.  I only regret of how little you know about me.  But if you keep shooting around in the dark, maybe you'll find me eventually.  I knew that it would come to this.  Value judgements and personal judgements that you constantly throw into the mix, make a lovely garnish to this argument.  I respect you very much, Mr. Tr0ckman.  I only hope that one day that you will just be able to contemplate what I say and stop trying to visualize who I am just from the post that I put on this website.
Everyone talks big on this website.  It is so much easier to talk on a website with strong words.  Am I wrong?  

I do not call this website the Salem Witch Trials.  Haven't we talked about this before?  Are you putting words in my mouth?

You also said,"spent your whole life up to date in the Assembly of George Geftakys".  Oh really?  You should be a detective.  Wow!  You know me better than I know myself.  

Brent, I respect you very much, but personal comments will not get your argument very high off the ground.  Maybe some day, I will turn the light on, as to who I am and what has happened over the past few weeks.  But until you can stop making everything personal and assume, then you will have to shoot around in the dark on your own.

Dear Verne,

Those silly, silly Robinson boys.  They are so arrogant.

Those shots in the dark bring a nice touch to the argument.  Ah, so I am ignorantly and arrogantly rambling.  Hmm.  Thank you for your time.  Thank you for excusing my sorry self.  Where would I be without my post being excused?  Lost?  No.

Mr. Carty, you do not know me.  Maybe someday we will meet and we can put all your assumptions to rest.  But until then, please stop with the value judgments.  And I don't need you to excuse me.  I made a valid point of which you cannot deny.  But thanks anyway.

Dear Eulalah,

Do you have a life?  You seem to be more attached to this thing than I am.  If you can't learn to let things go, then you will be attached to this website for years to come.  I have a life.  It is in Jesus Christ.  The author and finisher of my faith.

Dear Everyone(including those last three people),

I am not sticking up for Tim Geftakys.  I don't know if he is guilty or innocent.  But I am defending the word of God, and the way that you have already "proved" his guilt simply because you don't like him makes me sick.  I am defending fairness, and you folks seem to have no idea what it means.  You folks who seem to never tire of value judgments and age judgments need to grow up.  Maybe you do have evidence, maybe you don't.  But don't start a huge thread about his guilt until everything is absolutely correct and truthful.

I will tell you one thing.  Tim's preaching has done more for me and others that your squabbling and arguing could ever do.  Thanks for your time.

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson

« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 06:54:22 am by Luke Robinson » Logged
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2003, 03:31:44 am »

Dear Everyone,

Well, I came upon this.  Thought everyone might like it.   Grin

"By the authority of Almighty God, Son and Holy Ghost; and of the Holy Canons, and of the undefiled Virgin Mary, mother and nurse of our Savior; and of the celestial virtues, angelys, archangels, thrones, dominions, powers, cherubims, and seraphims; and of all the holy patriarchs and prophets; and of the apostles and evangelists; and of the holy innocents, who, in the sight of the Holy Lamb, are found worthy to sing the new song; and of the holy martyrs and holy confessors, and of the holy virgins, and of the saints, together with all the holy and elect of God: we excommunicate and anathematize him, and from the threshold of the holy church of God Almighty we sequester him, that he may be tormented in eternal excruciating suffering, together with Dathan and Abiram, and those who say to the Lord God,'Depart from us; we desire none of thy ways.'  And as fire is quenched by water, so let the light of him be put out forever more.  May the Son who suffered with us, curse him.  May the Father, who created man, curse him.  May the Holy Ghost, which was given to us in our baptism, curse him.  May the Holy Cross which Christ, for our salvation, triumphed over his enemies, ascended, curse him.  May the Holy and eternal Virgin Mary, mother of God, curse him.  May St. Michael the advocate of holy souls, curse him.  May all the angels and archangels, principalities and powers, and all the heavenly armies, curse him.  May St. John the Baptist, and St. Andrew, and all other Christ's apostles, together curse him, and may the rest of his disciples and four Evangelists, who by their preaching converted the universal world,--and may the hold and wonderful company of martyrs and confessors, who by their holy work are found pleasing to God Almighty,--curse him.  May the Choir of the Holy Virgins, who for the honor of Christ have despised the things of this world, damn him.  May all the sainst who from the beginning of the world, and everlasting ages are found to be beloved of God, damn him.  May the heavens and the earth, and all things remaining therein, damn him.

May he be damned wherever he may be; whether in the house or in the field, whether in the highway or in the byway, whether in the wood or in the water, or whether in the church.  May he be cursed in living and dying, in eating and drinking, in fasting and thirsting, in slumbering and sleeping, in watching or walking, in standing or sitting, in lying down or walking mingendo cancando, and in all blood-letting.  May he be cursed in all the faculties of his body.  May he be cursed inwardly and outwardly.  May he be cursed in his hair.  May he be cursed in his brain.  May he be cursed in the crown of his head and in his temples.  In his forehead and in his ears.  In his eyebrows and in his cheeks.  In his jaw-bones and his nostrils.  In his foreteeth and in his grinders.  In his lips and in his throat.  In his shoulders and his wrists.  In his arms, his hands, and his fingers.  May he be damned in his mouth, in his breast, in his heart, and in all the viscera of his body.  May he be damned in his veins and in his groin; in his thighs; in his hips and in his knees; in his legs, feet, and toe-nails.

May he be cursed in all the joints and articulations of his body.  From the top of his head to the sole of his foot may there be no soundness in him.  May the Son of the living God, with all the power of His Majesty, curse him; and may heaven, with all the powers that move therein, rise up against him---curse him and damn him!  Amen.  So let it be!  Amen."

Well, I'd hate to be in his shoes.  Grin

This was the excommunication of Victor Emmanuel II by Pope Pius IX around the mid-1800's.  Quite lovely, isn't it?  
If I keep writing "ignorant and arrogant" statements, can I expect the same?   Grin  Grin

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 03:32:42 am by Luke Robinson » Logged
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2003, 03:36:06 am »

Thank you, Mr. Carty.  You're too kind.  I guess one good public spanking deserves another.  But I don't mind.  It won't hurt me.   Grin

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 03:37:33 am by Luke Robinson » Logged
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2003, 03:38:16 am »

By the way, Mr. Carty, you seem to be repeating yourself.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2003, 04:30:54 am »

Hey Luke!
  I guess you were trying to inject humor or sarcasm by your posting of the Papal curse, but it is really not something to joke about. (I'm not Roman Catholic, but God does judge; and though the curse is muddled, the general concept of being under God's curse is not funny).
  Verne mentioned, at one point, that we should all remember how it is God Himself, not our posting, that has brought all the recent events to the forefront.
  To respond to these events like it is some kind of movement of angry bitter souls trying to seek revenge is to not be alert to the possibility that God could be trying to say something Re. GG and the ministry that he headed up.
  That facts that have been revealed are pretty clear:
1.) GG is an unrepetant immoral man.
2.) GG perverted the teaching of the Gospel and the church.
3.) GG was a controlling and abusive man.
    More could be added to the list, but just one of these is enough to fall into the category of very severe judgment from God Himself!!
    I would not be joking about such things, or carelessly defending such individuals, lest you be a partaker with them in their sins! (and consequently their judgment!)
                                God Bless,  Mark
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2003, 04:40:20 am »

Dear Mark,

Again, you have taken my posts the wrong way.  I respect you very much.  But what you are talking about is not right.

Did you read all of my past posts?!  I said I am not defending them, but I am defending truth, fairness, and the Word of God.  I am not being careless.

Also, who is talking about George?  I know he was wrong.  But we are talking about Tim.  And we are going too far with our wild judgments.

I thought the Papal Curse was quite humorous.  Seeing that the Catholic Church has wrong teachings that go against everything in Christianity and the Bible.  

You are putting words in my mouth with the following sentence:

"To respond to these events like it is some kind of movement of angry bitter souls trying to seek revenge is to not be alert to the possibility that God could be trying to say something Re. GG and the ministry that he headed up."

This is not what I have been saying at all.  But everyone is jumping the gun and jumping to conclusions about the private lives of men that they know very little about.  We have too many detectives here.

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2003, 05:19:59 am »

Dear Verne,

Did you mean ill bred or "sour dough bread?"  

Actually, I was carried by a stork and raised by a pack of hyenas.  Bye for now.  I have a wild zebra to catch.  Plus, I am a little worried about the edicts from the council of Trent.

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson
CBrown

Email
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2003, 06:18:53 am »

To All:

Please re-read all of what Luke is saying (I'll try to do the same).  I haven't seen him defending GG or TG or any sinful behaviors.  Only standing up for what he knows about his own life & the church in his community, which may be SIMILAR to other places or assemblies, but ARE NOT rubber stamps of Fullerton.  Please don't make that assumption.

Chuck
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: