AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 03:39:13 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why read or post  (Read 12194 times)
BeckyW

Email
« on: February 05, 2003, 11:22:35 pm »

I'm new to bulletin boards.  Thought llama on postings might be an acronym.  Like Left Laodicea After Making Attempt to ask questions, uncover truths, repent of phariseeism, etc.  Or Lovingly Left After Much Anquish of soul, or whatever.  I'm reading this board because of the familiar names I see that dropped off the prayer list over the years with no reasons given, or perhaps wrong reasons.  My husband and I didn't even know of the website or board until January 25th of this year.  Now it is helping us sort through our own experiences, including where we've been in Annandale since the late 80's.  Hello to Bill and Karen W.  So glad you're doing well.  And Wayne and Pat, thanks for your usual candid comments.  Too busy right now to go on, but thank you Brent and co. for making all this available.  We are watching.
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 11:28:50 pm »

I'm new to bulletin boards.  Thought llama on postings might be an acronym.  Like Left Laodicea After Making Attempt to ask questions, uncover truths, repent of phariseeism, etc.  Or Lovingly Left After Much Anquish of soul, or whatever.  I'm reading this board because of the familiar names I see that dropped off the prayer list over the years with no reasons given, or perhaps wrong reasons.  My husband and I didn't even know of the website or board until January 25th of this year.  Now it is helping us sort through our own experiences, including where we've been in Annandale since the late 80's.  Hello to Bill and Karen W.  So glad you're doing well.  And Wayne and Pat, thanks for your usual candid comments.  Too busy right now to go on, but thank you Brent and co. for making all this available.  We are watching.

Glad to have another person joining in the discussion!

As for the "I am a llama" thing: it is the defualt qoute left in when someone does not edit their profile.  It is to mean essentially "I am a lamer/loser" because the person did not take the time to fill in their information so other people can know who they are.  Since this is a web based discussion, anonymity runs rampant.  The people at YaBB put this little addition in to encourage in the sharing of personal information, whether it be just your favorite qoute - as to promote a community atmosphere
editor
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 03:32:08 am »

Thanks Luke

I never knew all that, about Llamas and what not.  Good idea that those Yabbies had.

What are all those symbols under your quote?

Brent
4Him

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 03:41:52 am »

Thanks Luke

Brent

And here Brent, we thought you knew everything!  What are we to do?!?!
JK!!!
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 03:44:14 am »

Thanks Luke

I never knew all that, about Llamas and what not.  Good idea that those Yabbies had.

Brent

Your forum scripts put them there in case someone wants to contact me via PM, email, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, AOL Instant Messenger, or just wants to check my profile
amycahill

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 09:26:55 pm »

Your forum scripts put them there in case someone wants to contact me via PM, email, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, AOL Instant Messenger, or just wants to check my profile

You know, I thought they were just there to be pretty.

Grin
lenore
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 08:08:30 am »

I know I am probably raising an old post:

I like to answer you question though.

Why read or post?

I read the post to find out what is going on, to find out people's opinions, and where I can jump in and participate.
I learn by reading, that people on this BB has progressed during their journey through their own experience, of the reason why we have all migrated to this BB.
I read to see if I can find new friends.
I post because it is fun to post.
I post because if I can be an encouragement to others.
I post to have contact and communication with others , people who I have never meet, or with people who I have lost contact with and renewed  that contact after 17 years.
I post because it is fun.
I like to write, and I believe I have a talent of writing, posting my thoughts on the keyboard, I am able to fine tune that talent, and be used for the purpose of encouraging, making other laugh, think, be happy, share my sadness, and share God with fellow believers.
Sometimes I think I am being a nuisance, but this BB
has been a life line, education, time of fellowship, conversation,  and just old fashion visiting.
So Thank you for asking the question?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: