AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 05:56:19 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Assembly at my door !!!  (Read 26318 times)

Email
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2003, 04:27:53 am »

Paul needs an attitude adjustment, yeah.
Stillwater
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2003, 07:24:05 am »

I haven't educated myself much on the divorce/remarriage issue, so I don't pretend to have a solid opinion. If someone asked me if it was ok, I would honestly say I don't know.
  However, . . . how often did the Pharisees confront Jesus about the letter of the law?
<GASP> LOOK! JESUS' DISCIPLES ARE PICKING FOOD ON THE SABBATH!!
<GASP> Jesus is doing a WORK of healing on the sabbath! Doesn't He know God specifically commanded not to work on the sabbath?!?

Is divorce another kind of "sabbath"? Aren't Christians supposed to follow the spirit of the law rather than quibbling about words? Could that mean Jesus would allow remarriage in some situations besides the ones that are "scripturally correct"? I don't believe Jesus would condone abandonment or cruelty--but what about the victims of abandonment and cruelty?

With hope for healing,
  Heather
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2003, 10:07:12 am »

Dear Ken and Everyone that comes to this website,

Well, I don't deny that my brother got a little out of control with what he had to say.  There is a lot of serious issues that have surfaced and are being surfaced.  But I totally understand what he is saying.  It might have come out the wrong way, but he has a point, and it is not an "assembly" perspective or a "geftakysite" perspective but a simple, personal one.  Seems to me that aside from the informational side and the meeting all kinds of people side, this forum has lost its central purpose, whatever that may be.  Topics are brought up and then discussed, and each view is critiqued and blasted, and everyone is standing firm on what they believe to be true.  And that is good!  Because a lot of these issues come down to what God has shown each individual on a personal basis.  But the point is, why keep trying to argue and bring about another person, when maybe God is speaking to them in a whole new way.  Maybe God has shown one divorced person to not remarry while He has shown another to remarry.  Maybe God has shown one person to stay in the assembly while He has told someone else to go somewhere else.  Stop this "You're wrong", "You're decieved", "God never spoke to you".  Because we have no idea what any other person has gone through with their walks with the Lord.

It is time for this to end.  All of this bickering and constantly pouring salt in your wounds to feel the pain once more.  We need to get on with our lives.  Get on with our walks with the Lord.  Don't let the sun go down on your anger.  Wow, we didn't know all that went on.  Now we do.  We were confused and lied to.  Now we know the truth.

We are free in Christ Jesus.  Let us walk in that liberty and let us not look back but continue forward, willing for whatever God has in store for our lives.

You may disagree with me.  And that is fine.  But don't let your disagreement get into five more pages on this thread.  We can all walk away from this and start afresh, rejoicing in all that the Lord is doing.  

The future is bright but frightening.  We must step out in faith, on to the water where Christ has called us to walk.  The wind will howl.  And the waves will become enormous.  And sometimes we will get drenched to the bone.  But as long as we stay close to Him, we are safe.  

My prayers are with you and with this website.  It has been a big help.  And now it is time to go.  Go forward.

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson  
« Last Edit: February 20, 2003, 06:41:57 am by Luke Robinson » Logged
wolverine

Email
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2003, 01:06:45 pm »

Ken,

Thank you for your response.  I do want to clarify one thing.  When I said "since when does anyone take this BB seriously?", I was speaking only about the "BB", not the GA.com website or any information coming from that site.  That is NOT what I was talking about.  I think everything that was brought to the light on GA.com is extremely serious and I COMPLETELY agree that many people have been hurt and decieved, families have been torn apart, money has been taken, etc...and I would also say that at the start of this BB it was taken seriously........BUT, I do not think that now this BB is included in that...

Secondly, (and I am not being disrespectful...this is an honest question...) when you say "People's lives have been ruined by this work", doesn't that detract from the very healing power of God...do you actually believe that a simple human life with a desire for the Lord can be "ruined" by the work of a man?  Sure, many horrendous things have happened...but isn't it time to look forward to breakthroughs and changes instead of dwelling on the hurt that we have felt???  Maybe it's just me that feels this way...I feel like just about everyone on this BB is doing everything in their power to bring back legalism and bondage into their lives...But as for me and myself, we will move on...

Thirdly, I don't think it was an "idiotic" statement...is it just "idiotic" because it differs from your views?  I'm sorry...

Fourthly, yes, I am enjoying being an antagonist on this BB but it's all in fun.  Ken, I love you as a brother in Christ and I have absolutely no intent of offending or hurting ANYONE on this BB...I am just speaking my mind in a humorous way...but I am not changing the way I look at this BB...I simply don't see any reason too...and I respect other people's views as well...if anyone feels that I am too negative (such as you, GUEST...who are YOU?Huh?) or whatever, just let me know and I will follow John Malone out the door...

Fifthly, Luke...I don't remember hiring you to soften up my posts...I am NOT out of control... Wink

Thank you.

KenFullerFan

Ken Fuller

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2003, 08:01:41 pm »

COOL !!!! I FINALLY HAVE A FAN !!!!!

Paul (and Luke, and everyone else reading this board)

It actually was VERY good to read your response Paul.  I really wasn't sure what you were saying when you said no one takes it seriously.

Actually, I do take the board seriously, and there are others that do too.
And I also realize there's also a time for humor (remember who it was that started the "secret confessions" thread).  

A couple of points to make (for everyone):

1)  There ARE some serious threads that take place.  I wish these we could take seriously and keep to the topic.  Save the personal bickering and nonsense for other spots.

For example -- when Susan opened a thread about her abuse, and then John and others turned it completely off track into some petty argument over who's right and who's wrong.  That is the kind of thing that makes the bulletin board look like a joke.

2)  Some of the doctrinal topics aren't necessarily "arguing" over who's right and who's wrong.  
I personally, am interested in reading different people's thoughts (something we can do now that we've been 'liberated')
For instance, I opened a thread about baptism, curious what people think about children being baptized (not infants) -- I know what I believe, but I was actually interested to hear what others do (I wasn't looking for an argument, I didn't even post my views).

To some extent, the doctrinal discussions are healthy.  I suppose they become unhealthy when they turn into "I know the truth and you don't" kind of arguments (and we all have been trained very well in that)

As far as can God heal .... well Paul, you know enough about me to know I certainly KNOW God can heal.  I suppose when I said "ruined lives" that wasn't the right words to choose.  "Damaged" may have been a better word.  God CAN and He IS healing -- and this bb is full of "serious" posts witnessing to that.

I guess my only suggestion out of all this is that people learn when to be serious and when to be humorous (there is a time for both)

I wish threads could stick to the topics, but that's a major flaw on Al Gore's grand design.
wolverine

Email
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2003, 04:00:04 am »

Thank you Ken.

KenFullerFan
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2003, 06:50:33 am »

Dear Andrea and everyone,

I forgot the "y" in front of "our".  Not to say I haven't been wounded or haven't felt pain in all the years, but not as bad as many of the people on this website.

Secondly, I am not saying that people can't discuss things.  It is just that 90% of the conversations have dwindled into pointlessness with new topics brought up that people that are already rock hard on their stances.  And a lot of these conversations are becoming sad, little cat-fights where everyone is trying to get the upper hand.  

Thirdly, Paul, thank you for your post.  But come to think of it, I have a thousand better things to do than to soften the posts of your sorry behind.  But thanks for telling me. Grin

Ciao.  God bless you.

Luke Robinson
« Last Edit: February 20, 2003, 07:01:47 am by Luke Robinson » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: