AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 06:55:29 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada: "the Great White North saints"  (Read 44651 times)
lenore
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2005, 12:12:35 am »

:)February 25.
A Canadian Senator Mac Harb is bring a private members bill into paraliment, for consideration on decriminalizing prostitution.  I wrote out this letter and sent it to my own government representative. Just sharing with you my own thoughts and feelings on this matter,
....................................................................................................................................

February 25, 2005

Read in the Ottawa Citizen, Thursday February 24th edition.
Senator Mac Harb , wanting to decriminalize prostitution.

Recently, I received an email, with a location of a web site, that was on a news report, on how women in Germany, where prostitution has been legalized, are being forced to take jobs in prostituting themselves or else they will lose their welfare support.

Senator Harb, stated in his reasoning on decriminalizing prostitutes is to protect these women.  Are you going to stop the predators who keep this business running?
What are your guidelines?

Are you going to raise the age of consent to have sex, to at least the drinking age? So there will not be children who are selling themselves in order to survive? So will the  predators of these children be held severely accountable? 
I watched the Oprah show, where Ricky Martin, was guest ,after the aftermath of  ocean earthquake and tidal wave in Asia. He was telling how men will pay $10,000 to have sex with a 6 month old baby.  What about in those other countries, families are sending their children as young as 5 years old into the sex trade, in order to support the family.
I think it is time that Canada set the example to protect women and children from ever enter the sex trade to being with. I don't believe the answer is legalizing that trade.
I believe, it is by somehow, targeting the people, who make a market for this business.
There are actually men who think that they should have the legal right to have sex with children, no matter what age. That children and women are property, or tools to be used for them to control and use.

Everyone is getting their rights based on equal rights, equal rights for all. Fine, but where will it stop.  Do you think that men and predators should have equal rights to pay for sex, or have the consent to have sex with children?
Children as of the age of 14 can legally have sex, with anyone of any age, unless that person is in a position of authority. Because the age of consent, the school provides these teens the necessary tools to participate in sex, even with out the knowledge or permission of their parents. 
So is your bill, Mr. Senator Harb, going to change the age of consent, to a adult age, and the age of  the partner be no more than 5 years old. Florida in the States has that law, where age of consent is 16 years and the consenting partner can be no more 5 or 6 years older.
Canada needs to protect women against the hazards of the sex trade. It is time you started protecting the children first.
Parents are legally responsible for children until 18, especially if something go wrong, but children have so much rights from age of 14 up, that almost supersede parental rights.
It is time that rights of parents if a child lives under the roof, and parents are supporting those children, and if that child is in school. Then parental rights should be a backbone to parental responsibility, and the laws should be able to back up the parents efforts to enforce the rules of the home. Then maybe predators will not be able to exercise their influences over these children in light of the sex trades.

I hope any government representative will be asking a lot of hard questions, before even considering passing this bill. To make sure that women and children of the sex trade is protected and not just make it easier for predators to force them into it.
Also to make sure that there are guidelines there that forces no one into the sex trade against their conscience in order to receive government support. 
And the punishment of those predators and people who force women, and children into the sex trade, and those people who make the sex trade necessary, be at such, and enforced to fullest and severest deterrent that it equals to first degree murder charges.

In a magazine called "Canada World View Issue 6", "Saluting 100 years of International Achievements [1900-2000].
On page 12. 
Year 1947, Jan 13th.
"St. Laurent outline a new postwar foreign policy based on The Principles of National Unity, Political Liberty, The Rule of Law, CHRISTIAN VALUES,  and ACCEPTANCE OF INTERNATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES."

With the Bills being presented in the house of commons, where our government representatives are considering and voting on, I am wondering if this past Prime Minster will be rolling over in his grave. Maybe the citizens of Canada needs protections against our policies makers as well!!

lenore
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2005, 09:01:33 am »

:)February 27:  HAPPY LORD'S DAY.

I AM TAKING THE TIME TO BE SILLY!

Wink

GREAT WHITE NORTH OF CANADA.
AT LEAST IN EASTERN ONTARIO Roll Eyes

TOWN OF ARNPRIOR WEST OF OTTAWA.

A town who celebrate the same centennial as the nation of Canada.

A town with two rivers the Ottawa and the Madawaska that intersects.

A town since the highway was extended from Ottawa with a four lane that reaches Arnprior now. A town that is growing in constructions of homes.
A town with problems, with store closures, and threats of closures with one of the major industries. An industry that can affect many families.
A town that boast of at least 16 churches. Many of them with aging and small congregations.

It is the end of February: In this Great White North. Snow is melting, but more is predicted for the next three days. It is great for the skiers and snowmobilers, and snow shoes.
But for the rest of us, who see the promise of spring creeping every so slowly.
I cant wait to get out of my boots, and winter coat, and walk on bare pavement again.

Well we got through Valentines Day, and Heritage Day. The local carnivals.
Now we face St. Patrick's Day.  ANd it is a month to Easter.

Okay, I think the two cups of coffee I had a the church's after service fellowship is still kicking in. I have been home for about 3 hours. I spent most of that time on the computer.

Missy the dog is lying on my bed and sucking on my blanket.  SHe rolls it into a soother and sucks on it. SHe has done that since she was a puppy.  She is now 10 years old.
Percy on my little tv. looking out my bedroom window. Meowing at me. After repeatingly jumping into my arms. He get down when I put him on my shoulders and continue to type.

Greeting from the Great White North. This Canadian looking for some green under that snow. I must admit, I dont relish cutting grass anymore than I relish shovelling the snow.  Oh well there is always some chore to do.

Bye from the Great White North. SNOW SNOW SNOW IT IS TIME TO GO.
lenore
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2005, 10:04:06 pm »

:)March 9th:  Good afternoon everyone. It is a brick chill in the air with a windchill factor of -30 degree C.  The winter chill that in the air has nothing on the chill that is existing between Canada and the States.
I written some of my thoughts on the subject. Any feedback on my thoughts.
 Lenore
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
March 9th, 2005

TO THE EDITOR:

IN REFERENCE TO: CANADA VS THE USA

Missile Defense, Legalizing Pot, Same Sex Marriage, Decriminalizing Prostitution, Consensual Sex at the age of 14, Border that can be crossed easily, Mad Cow, Soft Wood Lumber, and our Water Supply.  And of course, unforgiveable;winning the War of 1812.  President George W. Bush or one of his representatives said that Canada isn't a sovereign nation, just shows that our Big Brother South of the 49th Parallel, isn't too happy when we disobey an "expectation".

Canada, USA, and Mexico are all part of North America, and it is really the only continent that isn't really broken up into many countries, like South America, Asia, Africa and even Europe. So I gather that a united North America would go along way, in the eyes of  the Americans had at least Canada watching its back where World Affairs are concerned.  Well so far, Canada is in one piece, but with the loom of some of the provinces like Quebec still singing separation, which can also be a threat to the Americans security. Which gets me wondering with the mood of the States right now, if any province that separate, or become isolated from the rest of Canada, really be a solo country for long. Maybe these provinces need to be asking themselves, would there be better of on their own, better off in an united Canada, or better off as 51st State of America. The possibility will be there, that a divided Canada, would the Americans be ready to absorb the country; then what would happen to Canada liberal laws and freedoms.

In a lot of ways President Bush is trying to hold on to the values that build the United States, and the law makers of Canada, is doing the opposite, is almost like having salt being rubbed into the wounds that the Americans are trying to heal. I think our country's law makers and political representatives need to be asking themselves, what is really good for the country.  Not just the ones who yell the loudest, Not the ones who can rally the largest masses, Not the ones who have the most money. But for all, every single resident of this country.  Are you thinking of the individual, or are you thinking of who could please today.  Is it really the good of people, or is it good for the one who is making the laws.  In a lot of ways, I don't think these laws are for majority of people, only a selective few.

Putting myself in the Americans shoes for a few moments. I am trying to teach my family right from wrong. Moral rights from wrongs. I am trying to teach them Biblical standards of life.  Yet I don't have to put my self in American shoes, I am a Canadian with the same responsibilities, say no to drugs,  that marriage is between a man and woman, that the sex trade is men degrading women for their own gratification,  yet do my political representatives who are making the laws for this land, helping me instill these standards. No they aren't are they. They are teaching our youth of today, it is alright, because I am protecting your Charter of Rights freedoms.  What is wrong with this picture?
I am not talking about intolerance. I believe a person should judge another person on face value. Take them as you get them. Then you make the decision whether the other person is worthy of your friendship or not. Just because I can't get along with one person, doesn't mean that you can't get along with that person.  It is values we are teaching our youth of today that certain things are right when in all aspects they are not alright.
The mode of today, if it feels right, then it must be right, is a wrong message. It is a selfish message. It is also a message that your rights may infringe upon my rights and freedoms of beliefs.

I keep wondering what is the difference between Canada and the States. One time Canada was called strait laced, prude, too English; and the States was called a dark evil country. I think so anymore. Canada has decline in morals values, while the States have made attempts to reserve theirs.  What is the difference?  I believe the difference is …
The United States of America has a President that PRAYES, while Canada Prime Minister does not and is ignoring his own religious beliefs and upbringing. Even our previous PM showed himself to turn his back on Prayer after 911 tragedy.
Which country and its leader prayed and lead his country in prayer?  I give you a hint
IT WAS NOT CANADA.

Maybe Canada should be asking why is Americans so threatened by Canadians. I think we as a country need to be looking really deep inside our ownselves, right from our policy makers down to the individual.

Just expressing my thoughts on this matter.

tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 12:28:22 am »

August 7th: Happy Lord's Day to you All

Last Tuesday, August 2nd, I was at an ALpha Meeting, which the speaker was Nicky Gumble himself. The topic was CAN A NATION CHANGE, CAN CANADA BE RE EVANGELIZED.

Here are some of the stats that was presented, and what I was able to write down on Nicky's sermon........LENORE

ALPHA:

August 2nd Nicky Gumble Alpha Conference

CAN A NATION BE CHANGED

Stats:

10% of Alpha Growth is in Canada
3.4million people have taken alpha in Canada, 33 million to go.

Alpha for Generation Exes - 32% of population in Canada is genexers

In the Church: - 82% of church in Canada offers Alpha, despite the decline in church attendance.
Purpose: to equip & encourage the churches.

Alpha in Prison: None of 14 prisoners who have taken alpha have re offended.
Purpose: help break the cycle of crime

Alpha in the Workplace: needs to impact the market place, offered in boardrooms, farms and other parts of industry.

Alpha on Campus: 19/20 Canadians chose Christ before the age of 25.
Purpose: need to get Alpha in every college and university campus.

Alpha in the Military: Alpha is offered in Royal Military College and in peacekeeping area:
Purpose: to equip chaplins , as soldiers are more open to the gospel of Jesus Christ due to the circumstances and environmental conditions of areas they are serving.

High Need Selling: needs in crisis centers, support & minister to needs of the people, i.e. pregancy crisis center, suicide center, etc.

In the Catholic Church: 50% of Canadians are Catholic.
Support parishes to run effective Alpha Courses.

In French: 27% of Canadians are Franchophones
Purpose: to ensure Alpha is presented in both languages.

Alpha in Quebec:  groundwell of Alpha
Particular in the R.C. church
Purpose: province return to the faith in Christ

Alpha in Chinese:
Chinese is the 3rd language of Canada
Help raise up Chinese leaders in Christ

Alpha Using the Web:

Alpha in Homes:
Alpha was started in home in England. Ready available venue.

Alpha for First Nation:
Alpha is relational,
For our nation to change for Christ, must reach the first nation. As they were the first people of the country.

Alpha for the Youth:
Our future leaders.

Nicky's Sermon:
++++++++++++

Important ask the right question:
CAN A NATION BE CHANGED
CAN CANADA BE RE EVANGLIZED.

WHAT JESUS ASKS US TO DO?
How to do it?

Luke 5: 1-11

This passage is a Picture of Evangelism, It is a active parable.
Picture of the fish represented the people that can be caught for Christ.
Peter caught a vision what God can do in his life. Fulfilled on the day of Penecost.

1/3 of the world population professes to be Christian.
Luke 5:5 the Potential is vast.
Millions of people who don't know Jesus; Who have a spiritual hunger?
There is a spiritual vacuum, and because of that vacuum people turn to false religion, The hollowed mind are easily cultivated.

Problem: churches have given up on evanglism, because they are cleaning their nets - lovely clean churches - But Jesus says to cast out our nets in the deep - churches need to respond  - but don't want to respond because they don't want to get their nets dirty -don't want to pollute the building of the church with undesirable - don't want to get dirty.
Nothing is impossible with Jesus
Jesus made what seem impossible possible.

The fishermen have been out all night.
When they cast out their nets:

The nets(structures) had to be stretch - their were too many fish in nets, and the boat was sinking.

People coming to Jesus - their will be a need to change the structure.
But change is resisted.

We have to change the structure. If we want to bring in the young people.
There needs to be a bridge - need a little bit of something different.

Who is going to speak for the one who don't go to church.
- need to speak out, need to think about what non churched going to like -
- there is a spiritual hunger to meet, to provide for, that takes change.

Individual churches cant do it alone. Any part of the church can not do it alone. We need one another in different faith- we have to work with one another.

Before the 1900 there were no denominations, By the 21st century there were 30,000 denominations.
-division in all different parts of the church, is NOT GOING TO REACH SOCIETY.
Look at things that divide the church - is irrevelant to young people of today.

The battle today, is the same battle of the 1st century. Battle is about Jesus, a UNIVERAL SAVIOUR AND KING.

Holy Spirit is lowering the number of denominations today.

If we are fighting with each other, the young people are not interested.

We were are working together in unity, people will take notice.
Jesus prayer that we might be one - so the world might know Him.

All got to work together 1 Cor 12, WE ARE ALL OF THE BODY OF CHRIST.

We need to not to look at what divides us, but we need to say, what we can learn from each other,  in other denominations.

GOD BLESSES UNITY

IT IS A VISION WORTH GOING FORTH.
Worth leaving everything and following the mission

POSSIBLE WITH JESUS TO TRANSFORM THIS NATION.
If we all united, so that the NAME OF JESUS BE HONOURED IN THIS SOCIETY.

Visions of Alpha:
- equip churches , every person in Canada will have the opportunity to explore Christianity and to discover Jesus Christ for themselves through an Alpha Course.

1 Staff Member for every 500 volunteers.

Can has the 2nd larges populations of Iranians outside of Iran.?

In Ontario there are 1000 Alpha courses going on.
It is almost the spiritual equvalent to Tim Hortons

3rd Vision is to reach the younger people, to reach more unchurched people, and to have more conversions.

tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2005, 02:59:00 am »

Hi All:

I want to share this as I believe this is important.
This was sent to me , I agreed it was a worthy cause even though I dont drive or even own a car. But with the cost of gas at the pumps at $1.00 -#1.17 a litre.

I believe this message in this one day protest was important.

TO ALL CANADIANS PLEASE READ THIS !

IT IS WORTH REVIEWING IT.

---------------------------------------------------------
>----- Original Message ----- Subject: September 1
>
>IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN CANADA DID NOT  PURCHASE
>A DROP
>OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME  TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES
>WOULD
>CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.
>
>AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF
>OVER 4
>TO 6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF  THE OIL
>COMPANIES.
>THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1ST HAS BEEN
FORMALLY  DECLARED "STICK IT UP
>THEIR @$$
>DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY  A SINGLE DROP OF
>GASOLINE
>THAT DAY.
>
>THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS
>MANY
>PEOPLE AS YOU CAN  AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.
>
>WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS
>NOT
>GOING TO HAPPEN,  WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN
>PRICES THAT
>THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED WEEKS AGO?
>
>REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP  BUT
>AT THE
>SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING
>COMPANIES ARE
>FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES  ON EVERYTHING
>THAT
IS
>SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL
>SUPPLIES
>ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!
>
>WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE
>DAY, WE
>WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.
>
>SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE
>YOU
>KNOW. MARK YOUR  CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE
>CITIZENS OF
>CANADA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".
>
>PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU CAN!!!!
>
>
hopon

Email
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2005, 07:28:19 am »

I read once that vegetables grow larger in Canada and areas farther north like Alaska because the days are longer. Is this true in your area lenore?
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2005, 01:24:20 am »

I read once that vegetables grow larger in Canada and areas farther north like Alaska because the days are longer. Is this true in your area lenore?

I dont know, I dont live that far north.

I do know that the because of the shorter summer season that is 24 hours of sun light, is too short to grow much.

That is something to Internet Explore.

Lenore
hopon

Email
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2005, 02:03:23 am »

I dont know, I dont live that far north.

I do know that the because of the shorter summer season that is 24 hours of sun light, is too short to grow much.

That is something to Internet Explore.

Lenore
I did find this much:

62 lb. cabbage
35 lb. peas

http://pamelajoy.com/garden/tomatoes.php

« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 02:16:44 am by hopon » Logged
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2005, 02:17:35 am »

Hopon:

That alot of coleslaw, or cabbage rolls that could be made out of all that cabbage.

But the size of peas is questionable.

In your research what kind of peas. Was it a pod, or just one pea.

Where was they grown, Northwest Terrorities, Yukon, or further North  like in Alert.

Was it grown in a green house, or did the gardeners use an old mine shaft for a natural green house.

What kind of fertilizer did they use?

Would you mind enlightening us further with your research.

Pumpkins in this area can grow pretty big, in fact in the ByWard Market there is a contest to see who can grow the biggest pumpkin.
Some have to hauled in with a crane.
There have been pictures of pumpkins the size of a SUV. Shocked

P.S. Do you have an atlas?  Check out where Ottawa, Ontario Canada.
Since I live 45 miles west of this city.
Then check out the location of that huge cabbage, would you tell me how many kilometers there are from one destination to the other. Wink

Thanks abunch for your research. Roll Eyes

Good Luck, and have a Great Day

Lenore

tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 01:39:34 am »

:DJanuary 23rd, 2006:

Has anyone of you, been keeping track of our Canadian Politics.
As you may or may not we aware, that Canadian is voting today for our next Prime Minister.

Liberals with PM Paul Martin, with the liberal track record etc.

Conservates Stephen Harper, a real right wing conservate, believes in traditional definition of marriage, Pro lifer, and has Christian Values.

NDP Jack L.... 

Bloc Party from Quebec

Indepen., Green Party, etc.

People are fed up with the Liberal and their scandals and the mis management of billions of dollars.  Since the last election brought in a liberal minority government.

People I been talking too is going two ways.  A Conservate Majority Win, or a Conservate Minority Win, and the country will be going to the polls again by next year.

Any takers on your prediction before the polls close tonight.

Lenore
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2006, 01:41:24 am »

I don't know much abooot Canadian Politics. But let us know how the elections
turned out eh? I'm going to ask this question again because I believe the Canadians
should have an answer for this. Why is it that more than one goose is called geese,
but more than one moose is still moose? Why not meese? Let me know.

Thanks, Joe
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2006, 05:29:19 am »

Joe:

The election results:

Conservative with Stephen Harper  124

Liberal with Paul Martin                  103

Bloc (Quebec Vote)                        51

NDP with Jack Layton                      27

Independent                                   1

We have a minority Conservative Government.

There will most likely be allegience between some of the parties to get some of the bills passed.
But it is most likely that Canadians will be going to the polls within about a year time again.

As for your question about geese/goose , moose
It is like foot, feet; tooth, teeth;  mouse, mice etc.

The mystery of the English Language. 

I have no idea why?

One of the proproganda that came out with the election campaign.
Is that your President Bush like our newly elected Conservate PM  Stephen Harper.

What do you hear about this south of the border?

Lenore
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: