AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 03:34:18 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is.....  (Read 46332 times)
Me

Email
« on: November 26, 2002, 03:18:26 am »

I was looking to see if anyone had heard from children who grew up in the assembly?

Ben Miller - if you are out there I have been wondering what you are up to.
editor
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 03:59:23 am »

Hello "Me"

We hope and pray that this forum can be used as a vehicle for reconcilliation.  However, the person you are looking for may not want to make his presence known on this board.

If you re-post this message, after registering as a member, the person can respond CONFIDENTIALLY  by sending you a private message over this bulletin board.  

Anyone may register in such a manner that no one is able to see your email.

Of course, we would rather have everyone say who they are, etc.  but we do understand the delicate nature of post Assembly communication!  Cool

So you might try posting again, using a registered account, so the person can get in touch with you!

editor
« Last Edit: November 26, 2002, 04:00:57 am by editor » Logged
Rachel

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 06:13:30 am »

I am "me" but I couldn't get my post to post when I put my name in.   Tongue  I had registered but it wasn't working for me.  Cry   I am sorry I am so computer illiterate but I am working on figuring this out.  I appreciate any advice. Roll Eyes
karensanford

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2002, 06:26:27 am »

I had the same problem initially---my first post showed that I was a guest and my name didn't come up.  When you login, this changes:  where it once said "Welcome Guest, please login" it now says, "Hey, Karen Sanford, you have 0 messages, 0 are new".  That's how I know I'm logged in.  For some reason if I change pages it sometimes quits recognizing me and jumps back to "welcome guest".  SOOOO...now when I post, I just make sure it says "Hey, Karen Sanford" at the top right of the screen.  If it doesn't, I know I need to re-log in.  I'm sure this is a quirk that will get worked out as the site gets even more and more advanced.  Grin
Rachel

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 06:49:15 am »

Thank you Karen  - That was my problem.  Whenever I changed pages I was no longer logged in and it got frustrating.  I will try what you said.  Thank you again. Cheesy
metoo

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2002, 03:37:50 am »

Does anybody remember Tom Hyun or Steve Weiner?  Many moons ago they lived in Fullerton.  If anybody has any idea where they are, I'd love to get in touch with you.

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2002, 03:56:51 am »

steve Weiner left a few years ago. I am not sure why, or where he went.

He was a radiologist, perhaps he got a job somewhere?
buzz

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2002, 04:45:35 am »

I've been in contact with Steve a while back.  If you Private Message me with your email, I can give you contact info.  I wouldn't want to post it publically, though.  He stays in touch with Tom, too.  So if you get a hold of him, he could probably tell you what Tom's up to.
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2002, 05:54:26 am »

I would very much like to get in touch with LUIS VEGA.  He used to be in the SLO assembly before he moved to Sacramento.  If you are out there, I am thinking of you and would like to talk.
Tom Weltner
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2002, 08:49:19 am »

Hello, friends!  I can't tell you how many times I've thought about you two and prayed for you.  Rachel:  Great job on your article.  Reading it brings back a flood of painful memories, but it is a necessary process.  I admire your courage.  Judy:  I don't even know 1/10 of 1% of the suffering you have endured, but I do remember many excellent discussions and many good laughs.  I think of you often.  Please drop me a note so I can update you on the kidz.

Tom
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2002, 09:41:29 am »

Greg,

Dave Reveley (I think) went to Portland and then was sent out into the mission field.  I miss him too!

I'm not sure where the others are.
David Mauldin
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2002, 04:10:31 am »

Tom and Steve visited Grace Bible Chapel while they were exiting Fullerton.  Both said the legalism and controle were too much.  People in the Plymouth bretheren assemblies were familiar with Steve (Minnessotta)  You might try them?
karensanford

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2002, 08:52:10 pm »

Mr. Malone,

I realize that I am not a man of your stature as a spiritual leader and probably incapable of effectively debating with you on such issues.

I read your reply to David a couple of times, trying to figure out if you were just messin' with him...like on the humor thread.

I think you would have been correct to defend any untrue judgments about the aforementioned church.  However, you continued to what I saw as a personal insult toward David, and I don't think that was necessary.  Most of us on this board probably don't agree with the Unitarian Church, or follow Buddhism, or attend Philosophical Research Center seminars.  However, I think we can let those items speak for themselves rather than condemning David publicly.  

I may be incorrect, but I thought the purpose of this website was to encourage and assist those who have successfully broken free from the Assembly, and lead them into or support them in fulfilling and loving relationships with Jesus Christ.  Going beyond a refute of David's two sentence statement to attack his choices in life and then single him out as an apostate does not, in my book, encourage or love a broken person.  And if it were me, I would not feel a great desire to seek Christ from reading it.

My intention in writing this is not to start a war of words, and even though I have a lot more I would like to say, this is it.  I mostly want David to know that he is still welcome here, I think.

Merry Christmas David, Merry Christmas John, Merry Christmas everyone else (esp. to those for whom this will be the first!)

Karen
« Last Edit: December 21, 2002, 04:07:02 am by Karen Sanford » Logged
Rachel

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2002, 09:25:49 pm »

Karen,

I agree with you.  John, I really think you are being hard and unmerciful to a man who has been through a lot at the hands of people who called themselves Christains.  I believed this bb was to be a place of healing for people not further judgement and condemnation.  How about encouraging him toward what you believe is the truth instead of attacking him for what you believe are wrong beliefs.

Rachel
Arthur
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2002, 11:14:00 pm »

"a man of your stature as a spritual leader"

Does such a person exist?  One thing I learned from the assembly is to not be impressed by any man, no matter how "spiritual" they may seem or how much supposed Bible knowledge they may display (and after having studied the Bible so rigorously in the assembly, what nugget of knowledge could someone come up with that we haven't studied ourselves in some shape or form?)
There was a time when I figured that if someone was preaching from the scriptures they must be a good man that I should respect.  Sadly I have learned the hard way that this is not true.  Now we know by experience what Paul is talking about when he said that some preach out of selfish ambition.  This should be unthinkable, yet men do this wickendess.  Such men are, to me, most despicable.    

Now if there is a man who is truly like Jesus, I'd be impressed -- more than that, I'd be very encouraged in spirit to strive to be the same.  I'm talking about true humility, someone who's gentle, forgiving, merciful, kind, stands for the truth and loves all at the same time.  Please tell me such people exist.  Are there 7,000 that have not bowed the knee to Baal today?  Are there people who want to do that which is good and right, who relieve the oppressed, do justice to the fatherless, and plead for the widow?

"But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, and needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man."  John 2:24-25
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: