AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 01:01:09 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hastings, Ne Assembly, Rudy Kristavcnik, Leaving Bondage  (Read 14492 times)
Arthur
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2003, 04:07:14 am »

Rod was an "elder" in the assembly.  What does that tell you?
I wondered why some people were made elders and others not.  At one time I sincerely believed that God appointed men to be elders.  I'm sure he does in normal churches.  But in the Geftakys ministry, "the lord" was George.   Was it a coincidence that Rod lived with Betty and George before being made elder?  So why was it again that Rod was made elder, and at such a young age?  Was it because he was so good at subduing his children?  Was it because he was such a godly example?  Or was it because he was on the "in" with George?  Rod was to George a cohort, a myrmidon, a henchman, a sidekick, an aide, a comrade, an accomplice.

As for the repentance.  hehe-- Pardon my laugh.  If it wasn't for the website and bulletin board, there would be no repentance.  A person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.  Rod and Mike et. al. would still be aiding George and the G fam. in the rape of God's people to this day were it not for public exposure that incapacitated the operation.  
Arthur
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2003, 04:12:31 am »

I'm thinking that former Catholics know how to do it best.  Catholicism is the oldest and largest cult in the world.  They were practising extortion, spirtual abuse, an informat-based system, religious bondage, and adding to and/or denying the person and work of Christ long before George and his men were a twinkle in the pope's eye.  
George himself was a former Greek Orthodox member, no doubt he picked up some pointers there.  Mike and Rod were former Catholics, so were a lot of the other leaders in the assemblies.  
Vermin they are, scum, etc.  You name it, it fits.
BenJapheth
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2003, 09:53:20 am »

What can one say to this?   Amen...

Hi Verne

Rod Zach really was an elder and leading brother in Fullerton.  All Zach's were.

All of them have "stepped down."  It remains to be seen whether they are truly repentant, or merely going along with the course of action that they are forced into.

A person who is truly sorry in a godly manner, and who is repentant, does not wait until the pressure mounts before they repent.  They do so actively and zealously.

A repentant person is not sorry for something the have not acted like, or something they might not have done.  They don't say, like Mike Zach, "I have not acted above reproach."

No, a person who is repenting says, "I acted in a reproachfull manner when I manipulated sister X into doing something that she didn't think was God's will.  I did this habitually, and it caused people to suffer and to leave fellowship, damaging their faith.  This sin, which I committed against sister X, brought reproach on the name of Jesus Chist.

This is the kind of thing Danny Edwards said, without any coaching.  He has repented.

Mike Zach, on the other hand claims that his "intentions were good, but I BELIEVE I was limited by my perspective."

Here is another good one: Even though I believe I learned this perspective and behavior, I take full responsibility for myself.

It's not his fault he learned a perspective that limited him to the point where he had to step down under pressure from a website.  So, even though it is not his fault, he takes the high road and takes responsibility anyways.  Wow!

At any rate, I digress.  I got several emails from people in Omaha as I was typing this, and the word on Seward street is that people don't trust Mike's repentance.  It just doesn't seem like he really means it, according to his former followers.  

If the facts bear out, I will post them on the main website.

In the final analysis, it really isn't up to us whether or not Mike, George or anyone else is sincere.  What matters is that these people are NEVER allowed a position of leadership again, if there remains any doubt whatsoever regarding their sincerity.  

Brent
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: