AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 11:11:27 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hastings, Ne Assembly, Rudy Kristavcnik, Leaving Bondage  (Read 14491 times)
Rudy

Email
« on: January 19, 2003, 04:15:44 am »

Deleted
« Last Edit: February 03, 2003, 08:11:21 pm by Rudy » Logged
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 05:26:38 am »

Rudy:

WOW!  I don't know that I can say anymore.  We all have our stories.  Yours is very interesting. WOW!
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 07:23:32 pm »

Hi Rudy:
I still remember when I picked up the book Churches That Abuse by Mr. Enroth at a Christian bookstore. It just came out so I thumbed thru it and saw the assembly mentioned. I was floored, too. For a few months I was on the telephone trying to find out all I could- I read the book in one sitting. I already left the assembly, but never really sorted things out. I was a combination of shock, anger, and depression for a while to be sure! I'm glad that you are healthy and that you retained faith. God bless.
Arthur
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 01:01:56 am »

It was during my time at Tony's that i got a glimpse of the assembly snitch standard. I used to write extensively on 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper as my journal. I caught Rod reading my journal one day and he acted like "so what". I told him that it was personal business and not to read it. Of course i caught him again later and just decided not to keep a journal anymore. Nothing was said one way or another that i remember.

Heh, I can totally picture this in my head, too funny!   Grin "Wha..what's wrong with looking at your private journal, come on man."

This is where the stews got worse - Marsha was head steward. Her whole design it seemed was to break my will. Neither she, Dave nor Rod did theirs faithfully. After a while Rod was made head stew, and it was "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Marsha steward? Doesn't she have a TV show?  Oh that must have been fun.  Come on Rudy, which was worse, Marsha or Rod?  Rod was so unfaithful in doing his stews it got him to be head stew, eh?  See that's where you went wrong, doing your stews so faithfully...nah, actually that's not it, where you went wrong was not being born into the nobility with the famous last name.

I got a consequence once for gently confronting Rod once about the way he judged my cleaning a countertop.

Heaven forbid!

OK, i was more miffed than i let on. But the Q wasn't for performance, but for my attitude, questioning him, etc. After Rod married Barb Bretts and started living w/ George and Betty, Dave made a comment to me regarding Rod - "now all our problems are gone".

Real philadelphia going on there, I see.  Wonder why Rod and Barb went to Fullerton to live with G & B?  Hmm...that's funny, wasn't too much later that Rod became an elder...hmmm.  He must be quite skilled in the art of posterior pecking.

In Dave's words - we need things to take up our time. Thanx Dave, or i should say mini-g.

Does he have a "laser beam" that will turn them all into "hot magma".

One day i'm upstairs and this scent hit me hard - it was coffee  Shocked Shocked
I goes down to the kitchen and there's this huge pot, like almost 2 gallons of the stuff on the stove. I asked Barb Zach the married if i could have some. She said that i couldn't, it was for Betty's enema. That's more than i wanted to know and never was approached on the need for high colonics or whatever you want to call it. For that i'm thankful.

omg!  2 gallons?!  Where would you fit it?  I wonder if it was gourmet or like Foldgers or something.

The other sidenote was Tim G taking an MTT up to SanF. Tim called after they got there, i answered, got George and w/ him in his study and me in the kitchen i heard him say "how much do you need". George comes bounding down the stairs w/ a fistfull of bills, about 200 or more what looked like 50's and 100's, stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me turned around and went back upstairs - i was always told the MTT was self-sustaining. What was that all about i thought.

LOL!  That is soo funny! Grin  I'm thinking of calling George up right now!  With a father like that, who needs a bank!  So did he try to do like a jedi mind trick on you -- "There was no money.  I will go back to cleaning the sink."  

Thanks Rudy, that hit the spot

Arthur
Arthur
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 03:43:36 am »

Name given to me Knucklehead was.  Similar experience with Barb, I had.  Prevails does the light side of the force.  When said they, "Give in to the dark side, you hoser".  "Take off, eh!" said I.

I read your second post.  What a great dad you had.  Nice to go from that to the assembly.  Just joy all around isn't there.  I can relate to the memory blockage.  A whole period of my life has this black cloud over it.  Thanks guys.  Your the best Christian leaders I guy could hope for.  With shepherds like that, who needs communist prisions?   Cry

As I'm writing this...I hear over the radio a song saying "Jesus is still the answer.  He's always been and always be."
Arthur
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 05:06:37 am »

Rudy, your faith in the face of what you've been through gives me hope that I can still see the goodness of God despite this all.  Thanks bro.

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.  
David Mauldin
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2003, 12:46:10 am »

Hi Rudy In response to the situation with George and the "fistfull of dollars"  'Yes the MTT is "self-sustaining" for one Tim does no Manuel Labor-( the type you get paid for!) while on the teams.As he puts it "The Lord gives the best for those who give him the best." As years past  I had a number of these revelations.  I remember when after I had been around for a couple of years being under the immpression "The Holy Spirit Directs the Ministry"  ie  before a brother gets up to preach he is in a prayerful state and waiting for direction from the spirit to get up or not.  Yet one morning before worship I was outside the meeting hall when Mark Miller specificly told a brother "We want you to get up first this morning!"  As these types of revelations increased This is how I an other individuals learn that the "Holy Spirit speaks directly through the leaders."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 12:54:37 am by David Mauldin » Logged
Rudy

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2003, 12:54:03 am »

Just a note.

I deleted the two posts w/ my story.
Little response from Nebraska.
The ones that cared had time to respond  Cry

Can always bring it back "By Popular Demand".
Chuck Miller

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2003, 06:34:49 am »

Can anyone from the Hastings assembly tell me if a gentleman named Bill Roth is, or was ever, a member of that group.  If so, please advise me as to his whereabouts and any other information you can give me.

Thanks and God bless.

Chuck MIller
Rudy

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2003, 07:32:22 am »

Chuck,

Prior to 1990 there was no Bill Roth.

But of course maybe someone from
the Hastings group would speak up, eh?
Okay, well probably not, going by past practice.

Rudy
Rudy

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 09:53:59 pm »

Chuck,

An update on Bill Roth. I believe he visited and everyone was making a
fuss that he was a friend of Chuck Miller. He had the sense to move on.

I remember the same kind of fuss being made when Brent Tr0ckman
came to Hastings. It was about 1984, eh, 1985. They were saying that
he was the one that visited the outposts and assemblies and then
reported to George and Betty regarding the status of the 'work'.

Hey, Brent, thanks to you the assembly in Hastings started.
editor
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2003, 10:55:52 pm »

Hello Rudy and Everyone else:

I visited Hastings once, in 1997, and I spent exactly one night there, at the home of Tony and Renee Negi.

I never started the Assembly in Hastings, nor have I ever visited it prior or since that one night in June of 1997.

I will accept thanks for ENDING the Assembly in Hastings, or at the very least being an agent to bring about it's change, but I cannot accept any credit for starting it.

All such credit must only go to The Lord's Servant, George Geftakys.  Without his OK, there would never have been an Assembly anywhere.

Brent
Rudy

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2003, 11:27:49 pm »

Brent,

I'll tell you what - my facts may need refining, but
there was definitely a big fuss about you being there.
I guess the blame for the Hastings assembly rests w/
Jim Hayman then? As far as you being there it was
made clear to make everything go 'perfect'. That you
were the one that reported back re: assy status.

Rudy

P.S. - By the by, it's spelled 'Gnagy'. June of '97, eh?
         You still keep your journals - I burned or tossed
         mine  Wink Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: March 02, 2003, 11:32:21 pm by Rudy » Logged
editor
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2003, 09:25:08 am »

Hi rudy

Were you there in 1997?  As far as I know, there were the Zachs, the Gnagy's, the Millard's and two single brothers in fellowship then.

I was not the snitch, because afterall, I was travelling with Tim G.  He was well able to report back re: assy status.

Like I said, I only visited once, in June of 1997.  I ate a burger in Dave Zach's backyard, had homemade icecream over at Tony and Renee's, taught their daughter how to paint curbs (house numbers) and left the next morning for Lincoln.  

I am pretty sure that they weren't trying to make anything perfect for me...in fact, most of them had no idea who I was.  I was just an arrogant idiot, bossing his wife and kids around on an MTT.

God has changed me since then

Brent
editor
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2003, 02:30:44 am »

Hi Verne

Rod Zach really was an elder and leading brother in Fullerton.  All Zach's were.

All of them have "stepped down."  It remains to be seen whether they are truly repentant, or merely going along with the course of action that they are forced into.

A person who is truly sorry in a godly manner, and who is repentant, does not wait until the pressure mounts before they repent.  They do so actively and zealously.

A repentant person is not sorry for something the have not acted like, or something they might not have done.  They don't say, like Mike Zach, "I have not acted above reproach."

No, a person who is repenting says, "I acted in a reproachfull manner when I manipulated sister X into doing something that she didn't think was God's will.  I did this habitually, and it caused people to suffer and to leave fellowship, damaging their faith.  This sin, which I committed against sister X, brought reproach on the name of Jesus Chist.

This is the kind of thing Danny Edwards said, without any coaching.  He has repented.

Mike Zach, on the other hand claims that his "intentions were good, but I BELIEVE I was limited by my perspective."

Here is another good one: Even though I believe I learned this perspective and behavior, I take full responsibility for myself.

It's not his fault he learned a perspective that limited him to the point where he had to step down under pressure from a website.  So, even though it is not his fault, he takes the high road and takes responsibility anyways.  Wow!

At any rate, I digress.  I got several emails from people in Omaha as I was typing this, and the word on Seward street is that people don't trust Mike's repentance.  It just doesn't seem like he really means it, according to his former followers.  

If the facts bear out, I will post them on the main website.

In the final analysis, it really isn't up to us whether or not Mike, George or anyone else is sincere.  What matters is that these people are NEVER allowed a position of leadership again, if there remains any doubt whatsoever regarding their sincerity.  

Brent
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: