AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 03:33:40 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for me  (Read 15246 times)
spared
« on: July 30, 2005, 11:21:52 pm »

I have work for 4 years for an employer who is TOTALLY unreasonable.

I was told I would get a raise after 4 months...and I had to wait over a year!  No raises since then, and I have seen my hours cut more and more.

I have a medical condition, to where I CAN'T lift more than 15 pounds, by doctors orders, and my boss made me lift boxes many times, boxes full of napkins that weigh 15 pounds.  I would then have to put them on a counter, almost as high as my chest. The pain brought me to tears many times on the job.

I complained, and then he made me sit in chair that wasn't designed properly, so my back hurt even more, and now even my shoulder hurts.

I had no choice but to make a Workers Comp claim, and go out on disability, in order to put food on the table.

My employer fight against me, and so I have no choice but to get a lawyer, for my own protection.  He, being a man, thinks he can push around women I guess.

The good news is that dear Christians from two churches are helping me.  From one church, they cook meals, and deliver them to me, and do my dishes and take out my trash.  The other church helps do my shopping and brings me to bible study.  Without them I would be lost.

The pain medication makes it hard to do alot of things, and I am still fighting with Worker's Comp.  They want me to go back to work, but I know I can't.

Please pray for me, that

I would get a 20% disability rating from the judge.  This is important, because less than 20 pecent wouldn't give me as much money as I need to live.  On the professional advice of my lawyer, and a doctor he sent me to, I am claiming back, shoulder, neck and mental disability.  Five percent each one, to give me enough to qualify.  This is very hard, and very frustrating. It's like going through a maze, where everyone is against you.  Pray that the Lord would guide me.

Pray that I could get on Social Security, and Medicare.  This would allow me get HUD housing, which would mean a better apartment, and even a generous allowance for school, where I could attend almost for free.

Pray for my ex-boss, for his salvation.  I have tried to share the love of God with him, but he just blocks it out.  I think if he was saved, he wouldn't treat me like this, and that God would open up his heart to be a more sympathetic, caring, loving person.

Pray for my lawyer, that God would give him wisdom for how to win my lawsuit.

Pray for the dear people in my church, who do so much for me. Without them supporting me, and caring for me, I don't know how I could live!

Well, TTFN, I'm off to shopping and lunch,

spared

matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 12:09:12 am »

Spared:

One other request you forgot to mention:

That God would give you a new career, a way to be self-supporting.  We all have our times of dependency, and we are all dependent upon God for our continued well-being, but your paragraphs made me cringe a little bit. 

Also, why not ask God to heal you or at least make it so that you can work normally?  I help women out at work with stuff that weighs over 15 pounds.

Just trying to help. I just did see, however, that you wish to go to school.  I imagine that you would use this as a springboard to a new career.

Matt Sciaini

spared
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 03:56:45 am »

And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. 

Luk 12:23 The life is more than meat, and the body [is more] than raiment. 

Luk 12:24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? 

Luk 12:25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? 

Luk 12:26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? 

Luk 12:27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 

Luk 12:28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? 

Luk 12:29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. 

Luk 12:30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. 

Luk 12:31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

God provides for ALL our needs.  Did you know that?

I know that right now, God does not want me to worry about things.  He will provide, and I don't have to toil and labor.

My toil and labor for an unjust man is what has caused my disabilities.  Now it is time to enjoy Jesus, and re-build my life.  Angels come and take care of my needs, and I'm hoping and praying that I win my case.

Healing!  Oh, how I want healing, to be able to run and dance! 

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 

2Cr 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 

2Cr 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

2Cr 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. 

I thank my Savior that I am needy and weak!  I prayed to better,  but after many times my back still hurts, so I know that this is what God has for me.  Praise Jesus.

I went to one very, very legalistic church and one of the elders told me that I should find another type of work.  The people there were all talk, no love, no compassion, no spirit of Christ.  I went to that church for 2 months, and not one person ever visited me, or helped me! 

Now, I have wonderful friends, who love me and care for me!

Matt, in school, I plan to art classes!  I have always wanted to express the beauty of God, but never learned how to grow my talent.  By studying art, I can learn how to show the world what's inside me,  God and His love, and the grace of Jesus!

Maybe with the proper training, I can make art that can encourage a needy person, a way of giving back?

But all of that depends on whether I qualify!  I am going to need assistance for school, money for books, and transportation, which means I need to win my case, and qualify for Social Security and other programs that can help me. 

So far, I praise God that I lack nothing.

spared
Suzie Trockman
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 05:08:19 am »

I have work for 4 years for an employer who is TOTALLY unreasonable.

I was told I would get a raise after 4 months...and I had to wait over a year! No raises since then, and I have seen my hours cut more and more.

I have a medical condition, to where I CAN'T lift more than 15 pounds, by doctors orders, and my boss made me lift boxes many times, boxes full of napkins that weigh 15 pounds. I would then have to put them on a counter, almost as high as my chest. The pain brought me to tears many times on the job.

I complained, and then he made me sit in chair that wasn't designed properly, so my back hurt even more, and now even my shoulder hurts.

I had no choice but to make a Workers Comp claim, and go out on disability, in order to put food on the table.

My employer fight against me, and so I have no choice but to get a lawyer, for my own protection. He, being a man, thinks he can push around women I guess.

The good news is that dear Christians from two churches are helping me. From one church, they cook meals, and deliver them to me, and do my dishes and take out my trash. The other church helps do my shopping and brings me to bible study. Without them I would be lost.

The pain medication makes it hard to do alot of things, and I am still fighting with Worker's Comp. They want me to go back to work, but I know I can't.

Please pray for me, that

I would get a 20% disability rating from the judge. This is important, because less than 20 pecent wouldn't give me as much money as I need to live. On the professional advice of my lawyer, and a doctor he sent me to, I am claiming back, shoulder, neck and mental disability. Five percent each one, to give me enough to qualify. This is very hard, and very frustrating. It's like going through a maze, where everyone is against you. Pray that the Lord would guide me.

Pray that I could get on Social Security, and Medicare. This would allow me get HUD housing, which would mean a better apartment, and even a generous allowance for school, where I could attend almost for free.

Pray for my ex-boss, for his salvation. I have tried to share the love of God with him, but he just blocks it out. I think if he was saved, he wouldn't treat me like this, and that God would open up his heart to be a more sympathetic, caring, loving person.

Pray for my lawyer, that God would give him wisdom for how to win my lawsuit.

Pray for the dear people in my church, who do so much for me. Without them supporting me, and caring for me, I don't know how I could live!

Well, TTFN, I'm off to shopping and lunch,

spared

I think you are very devious (and smart).  If this is a ploy to get Brent to respond: it almost worked.  It's killin him to restrain himself. BTW, who are you?
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 07:25:26 am »

Dear---- Spared?

You are joking------ are you not?!   After reading your post I thought maybe that Brent had returned and made a caricature of a "needy" person, as a kind of comic parody via the psuedonym of "Spared."

If you really want compassionate support please let us know what your real name is and if you're being serious.

Why did you choose the handle, "Spared", to make this public request?

God Bless,  Mark C.
M2
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 08:01:44 am »

I think you are very devious (and smart).  If this is a ploy to get Brent to respond: it almost worked.  It's killin him to restrain himself. BTW, who are you?
Smiley
Brent has more will power than I do.  That's for sure Suzie.  I was tempted to respond to spared but....

IMO It's not worth responding to people who like to remain victims.

Better sign off before I say more and start WW3.

Marcia

P.S.  on the other hand, if spared is joking, as MarkC suspects, then spared's posts are hilariously funny eh??

MM
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 08:36:14 am by Marcia » Logged
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 09:34:39 am »

"spared" from working.

Smells like Saturday Nite Live with a fishy odor.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 09:41:39 am by moonflower » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 06:59:47 pm »

We have not all lost our sense of humor now have we?  Smiley
Verne
M2
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 09:52:45 pm »

Smiley
Brent has more will power than I do.  That's for sure Suzie.  I was tempted to respond to spared but....

IMO It's not worth responding to people who like to remain victims.

Better sign off before I say more and start WW3.

Marcia

P.S.  on the other hand, if spared is joking, as MarkC suspects, then spared's posts are hilariously funny eh??

MM

Please pray for me spared.  Looks like I'm suffering from a bad case of foot in mouth disease. Embarrassed

Marcia
Will Pray

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 10:59:52 pm »

spared,

If you are looking for sympathy from these fake Christians, I'm afraid you'll be dissappointed.  Ask the churches who are helping you to pray for you.  Posting here will only cause you pain, because trust me, you will be judged, offended and criticized.  I'm trying to spare you.  These people are callused and cold, and very opinionated.
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 11:55:28 pm »

July 31st:

Dear Spare:

Here is a prayer for you!

Dear Heavenly Father:

I thank you for the person , who has identify himself as Spare.
You know who he/she is , who know the needs of this person, who know the wants of this person. You know the spiritual condition of this person heart. You know him inside and out.

Lord Jesus: I pray that you will meet those needs , that you will show your love for him.
Lord, if you so will that he should have his hearts desires, Lord please make the pathways clear, and concise, that only you will be able to get the glory and honour for this answered prayer.

Lord I pray that you will work in Spare's life, that he will grow in you to become a strong, and useful for your work here on earth. That you will continue to prepare him for the journey you are taking him on the road to eternity.

Lord I thank you that you love him, I thank you for your merciful grace of justice, I thank you for the life you have freely given to all of us , the blood you shed so we can have forgiveness of sins, and have victory of sin, death.  I thank you that you paid the way to have reconcilation with the Father. I thank you, that you showed us the example of how to live our lives.I thank you that you advocate for us at the right hand of the Father. I thank you that you are so patient with us , guiding us back , when we falter and fall. Lord I thank you that you gave us free will, so that we can freely come to you.
Lord continue to work in Spares life. Show him the way he should go.

Lord I thank you for answered prayer, I pray that as Spare waits for that answer, that you will show him the lessons you want him to learn.

In Jesus name according to the will of the Father.  Amen
Oscar

Email
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 01:16:33 am »

Folks,

I really can't believe that "Spared" is serious.  Just someone trying to have a little fun. 

Pretty good at it too.

Thomas Maddux
M2
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 02:46:24 am »

spared,

If you are looking for sympathy from these fake Christians, I'm afraid you'll be dissappointed.  Ask the churches who are helping you to pray for you.  Posting here will only cause you pain, because trust me, you will be judged, offended and criticized.  I'm trying to spare you.  These people are callused and cold, and very opinionated.

Easily said using a fake identity Will.  I seriously doubt that your last name is Pray.

Marcia Marinier
spared
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 01:06:01 am »

My My, so many strong views on things, and all of them negative, mostly. Cry

Lenore, thank you for praying, God will hear it, even if you think I am a man.   Wink
I pray that your daughter adjusts to her new life, and that she loves Jesus first and best.

Well, I won't bother you anymore with my problems, and does anyone wonder why I wouldn't share my real name?  I know that whatever place I find myself in, to be content.

One thing I learned from some saints,  be in the center of God's will.  That's where I am, and so nothing can harm me. 

A cup of cold water, is all I needed, just one little support.  Instead I am mistrusted, so I know a few things now about where not to be.  My strength is in the Lord, and the power of His mite!

spared
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 08:08:53 am »

Everyone:

You would think I should know better by now.

Anyone who would give such a tale of woe and then end it with, "I'm off to lunch and shopping" either has to be a complete sociopath or a total chain-yanker, or both.

As for "spared" and "WillPray", they are cowards.  If someone can't post using his or her real name, that is the only way I can describe them.  Of course, if they trying to play people on the board for fools, why would they identify themselves? 

I propose to rename these two "seared" and "Ill way".  Or maybe, "speared" and "Dill filet" (I haven't eaten dinner and am getting hungry--fish, anyone?).

Matt Sciaini
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: