AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 10:41:33 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Half-blood Prince  (Read 2856 times)
David Mauldin
« on: June 26, 2005, 04:59:42 am »

The new Harry Potter book will be out in about three weeks. Publishers seem concerned that the original audience may have out grown Harry given that the Sorcerer's Stone came out 9 years ago. I don't think so!  In fact I know lot's of adults who have read each one. Many book clubs read it just because it is so popular. The controversies surrounding the books seem-to have gone away yet last year during parent teacher conferences a parent went ballistic on me. "I have a lawsuit out at another school because they read Harry Potter to my son!" she said that the book "poisoned" her son. I tried to reason with her, "I have heard that many Christians support the book!"  "We'll they don't read their Bibles!" was all she said. "What part of the book offended you?"  "I wouldn't read such a book!" I was afraid she was going to get me into trouble but she let it drop.  So hows about you?  What is your take on Harry?  Is it "Satanic Witchcraft" or a series that teaches the values of true friendship and how love overcomes evil? Or maybe you haven't read it??

« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 08:00:09 am by David Mauldin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: