AssemblyBoard
April 24, 2024, 06:41:14 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DOG LOVERS ONLY  (Read 7564 times)
Joe Sperling

Email
« on: June 18, 2005, 01:17:06 am »

Please do not post on this thread unless you are a dog lover. This thread is exclusively
for dog lovers, and all cat lovers, and lovers of other pets are asked to please not post.

Dogs are better than cats, in fact, cats absolutely suck in my opinion. I know because I
have stated this,  you are tempted to post, but again, the Title of this thread is "For Dog Lovers
Only" so please obey the rules. The Skeptics have their own thread, and we dog lovers
want the same. Cats suck, turtles suck, tropical fish suck, lizards suck, snakes suck, parakeets
suck---believe me, the only good pet is a dog.

I'd like to hear your opinion on this---BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE A DOG LOVER.
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 01:31:39 am »

Please do not post on this thread unless you are a dog lover. This thread is exclusively
for dog lovers, and all cat lovers, and lovers of other pets are asked to please not post.

Dogs are better than cats, in fact, cats absolutely suck in my opinion. I know because I
have stated this,  you are tempted to post, but again, the Title of this thread is "For Dog Lovers
Only" so please obey the rules. The Skeptics have their own thread, and we dog lovers
want the same. Cats suck, turtles suck, tropical fish suck, lizards suck, snakes suck, parakeets

What if you are both a dog lover and a cat lover.?

I own both a dog and a cat.

My dog is 10 year old border collie lab, and she is a big baby.
I cant go down the street, without saying hello to what ever dog I come across, I have to pet them and talk to them, even before I talk to their owner.
I rather not say owner when it comes to dog/cats because I believe these four footed are family members. I rather say animal parent.

SO do I qualify for your dog lover thread.

I also worked in a animal hospital about 10 years ago. I used to watch shows like Good Dog, and the Dog agility races on stations that offered this type of information.
I even get a Dog magazine once in a while. I even get a birthday Card from pet food company when we sent in a coupon when she was a puppy.

I share my single bed with an 90 lb dog.  SO can I qualify to come on once in awhile and share some dog lovers experiences.

Lenore
outdeep

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 02:24:16 am »

Thank you, Joe.  I know you have been receiving hundreds of e-mails from former Assembly folks who love dogs but have not had the courage to post.  Finally there is a safe place for them to express their true feelings. 
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 02:59:48 am »

Thanks Dave and Marcia. Lenore, I appreciate your post, but I think you're barking
up the wrong tree here. This is a "Dog Lover's Only" thread and the mention of cats
will not be tolerated. If you have a cat that eats dog food I might possibly allow it, but
besides that there will be no further exceptions. I would ask that if you are going to
speak about cats you go over to the "CAT LOVERS ONLY" thread. A Dog lover who
also loves cats is sitting on the fence and is not committed, and is double-minded in all
his ways. Either commit to the love of dogs alone, or go over to the cat-lovers side.

--Joe
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 07:53:45 am »

MEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOW

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
David Mauldin
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 08:00:58 am »

Bro I think you missed the point!   I would be happy to chat with you on anny subject yet I just want others to feel comfortable.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 08:48:09 pm »

David---

Please refrain from posting on this thread unless you have something to say about dogs,
and dogs only. Doggone it, I'm trying to keep this thread on one subject, and one sub-
ject alone. Please stay away because you will make all of us dog-lovers uncomfortable
with your statements. I don't want any cat and mouse games going on here, just pure
love of canines, and canines alone. There are too many dog lovers out there who are
afraid to post, and it's time they be able to do so without interruption.

Thank You.
Oscar

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 11:23:42 pm »

David---

Please refrain from posting on this thread unless you have something to say about dogs,
and dogs only. Doggone it, I'm trying to keep this thread on one subject, and one sub-
ject alone. Please stay away because you will make all of us dog-lovers uncomfortable
with your statements. I don't want any cat and mouse games going on here, just pure
love of canines, and canines alone. There are too many dog lovers out there who are
afraid to post, and it's time they be able to do so without interruption.

Thank You.

Joe,

Your barking at David shows just how much you feel threatened by the mention of c***.  You must be a very bad person.  You are obviously filled with hate.

Aren't you ashamed?

Thomas Maddux
outdeep

Email
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 12:26:03 am »

OK.  I'll go first and tell my story.

I went into the Assembly because I thought I was doing it to serve God.  All these years, I thought I was serving God, but something seemed to be missing.

Then one day after I left the Assembly (and found real dissatisfaction serving God in other churches), I went to a doctor and found out that I was dyslexic.  I realized that it wasn't God I was supposed to serve, but doG.   It all makes sense now.  Now that I have given up any so called "walk with the Lord", I walk my dog each day and have found true peace.

Thanks for listening.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 12:28:22 am by Dave Sable » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 01:00:33 am »

Thanks for sharing Dave---I know it is very difficult to post something like that,  so thanks
for sharing with us. Grin Tom--your post below has been dogging me ever since I read it. I
have made an appointment with a therapist who lives close by--a Dr. Leopold Dachshund.

Perhaps he can help me come to grips with my hatred. He told me my appointment is on
Wednesday at 3:00 P.M.-- He said I'd be able to find his office easily, as it has a huge fire
hydrant in front of it. He said if I feel to conflicted about this that I should find a piece of
hard leather and chew on it for a while and I'd feel better. That sounded a bit strange,
but maybe it'll work. I feel so ashamed though, like I've got my tail between my legs and
I'm whimpering or something. I sure hope he can help me.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

--Joe
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 01:07:50 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 08:48:35 am »

Someone must be scaring away any dog lovers. No one has  posted on this thread since 3 pm.

Maybe we'd have better luck if we started some new threads.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: