AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 02:31:29 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vacations this Summer!  (Read 5936 times)
David Mauldin
« on: June 13, 2005, 09:18:15 am »

My wife and I are planning on doing some serious hiking in Yosemite, Half-Dome and Yosemite Falls. Also a few little over-nighters on the PCT. What are you planning to do this summer?
Oscar

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 08:19:42 pm »

My wife and I are planning on doing some serious hiking in Yosemite, Half-Dome and Yosemite Falls. Also a few little over-nighters on the PCT. What are you planning to do this summer?

David,

I intend to spend two weeks trying to count all the new threads you start.   Wink  You have started about 15 in the past few days.

Might I suggest that you simply start a thread called "Dave Speaks" or something and post your thoughts under that?

When you start so many, it pushes recent threads off of page one of the list and makes them difficult to find.

Thomas Maddux

vernecarty
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 09:08:18 pm »

This Thursday we  leave for Orlando. I will be best man at my brother's wedding on Friday and then we are off to Sunterra Cypress Pointe.
My kids will probably go to Disney's Animal Kingdom. We are not sure if we are going to let them swim with the dolphins at the new Sea World attraction...kinda pricey... Smiley
Verne
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 06:16:41 am by VerneCarty » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 10:28:08 pm »

Sunterra Cypress Pointe?  Is this a campground?  Pam and I hooked up with a couple from orlando last weekend. We met them at Keating House Bed and Breakfast!

http://www.keatinghouse.com
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 10:29:48 pm by David Mauldin » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 06:23:13 am »

Sunterra Cypress Pointe?  Is this a campground?  Pam and I hooked up with a couple from orlando last weekend. We met them at Keating House Bed and Breakfast!

http://www.keatinghouse.com

Sunterra is a time share resort. They have properties in quite a few places and they tried to sell us a package a few years ago but we declined. They convinced us to nonetheless give them some money for a return visit and another opportunity for them to try to selll us something. We had planned to use the time to go to Hawaii but it didn't work out so we thought we might as well use it while we were in Florida for the wedding. They are going to be wasting their time on us as we already own with Westgate. Cypress Point at Lake Buena Vista iis a beautiful place though with remarkable amenities. It is one of the classier operations in the time-share business.
Verne
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 06:27:14 am by VerneCarty » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 07:31:10 am »

My former roommate Mike Miller use to sit through those "Free Vacation" deals and always say "no Thankyou!" But he would still get his vacation!  I couldn't do it!  I can't even handle a tellemarketer!
grown up
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 04:55:54 am »

My wife and I are thinking of taking a trip to the Grand Canyon this summer. Last year we went to Puerto Vallarta where imediately upon entering the airport we were met by someone who led us to believe would take us to our hotel. The nice person led us to the counter then procededed to sell us an invitation to a presentation.. Well needeless to say I gave the guy 20 bucks then we went outside to our waiting ride who happened to have a name tag belonging to Funjet vacations and was informed of what was really going on  Angry  I got my 20 bucks back but we could go nowhere without being surrounded by people trying to sell timeshares. Theyre really nice and one day maybe I would be interested but I was on my honeymoon. To wrap it up this year we want a simple vacation Grin
David Mauldin
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 08:17:47 am »

I have stopped at the Grand Canyon and looked but never really experienced it. I understand there are some pretty awsome caves!  But I am not sure they are open to the general public.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: