AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 09:27:59 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arnold has until Monday!  (Read 4061 times)
David Mauldin
« on: June 12, 2005, 05:25:26 am »

Arnold has until Monday to call for a special election. If he does it will cost California taxpayers $80 million. Polls show that only 30% of Californians approve of the special election. Polls also show that only 38% of Californians believe Arnold is doing a good job. Yet he is still saying he will call for it!?HuhHuh?   I can't figure him out???  Is he going to terminate himself??? Or does he have an ace in the hole?Huh?
Oscar

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 08:28:39 pm »

Arnold has until Monday to call for a special election. If he does it will cost California taxpayers $80 million. Polls show that only 30% of Californians approve of the special election. Polls also show that only 38% of Californians believe Arnold is doing a good job. Yet he is still saying he will call for it!?HuhHuh?   I can't figure him out???  Is he going to terminate himself??? Or does he have an ace in the hole?Huh?

I suspect that Arnold's ace in the hole is the fact that middle class taxpayers in California are paying out about 40% of their income in taxes.  That figure includes all types of taxes.

Also, proposition 13 is a BIG ace in the hole.   Even strong democrats that are older, (an increasing % of democrats are over 50), remember the huge property tax increases of the 70's that led to prop 13 being passed by a huge majority.

Every time the democrats have put an initiative on the ballot to weaken or cancel it since then, it has been voted down by a large margin.

Arnold, I suspect, isn't on the ropes yet.  There is a big difference between public opinion polls and votes.

Also, remember that Arnold's main opponents are the public employee unions.

Union membership in California is only 9% of the workforce.

Thomas Maddux
David Mauldin
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 08:00:34 pm »

In between the Michael Jackson show Arnold announced 'The Battle is On!" Yet what battle? Arnold vs California?  The public is on the side of firefighters, teachers, nurses, policemen, prison workers, and more. The polls show that they didn't want the election costing an extra 8 million! I can't see his reasoning but time will tell!  One thing is for sure I am going to fight him every step of the way!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: