AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 10:04:48 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: See's Candy  (Read 8099 times)
David Mauldin
« on: June 08, 2005, 01:25:41 am »

Recently I saw the California Gold episode of Heull Howser visiting See's Candy.  I couldn't help but wonder at the fact so many employees (at this factory setting) have been working 15, 20, 25 and even 35 years!  A little personal research of my revealed that the company offers excellent benefits! (Next time you stop in and buy some chocolate nutcarmels ask an employee how they like the company.) I remember my first job. It was at KFC just a few miles miles away fom where I live. Of course the staff has turned over. In fact it turned over completely about 2 years after I left. It has since done the same many, many times over again.Yet See's Candies employees stay! Another thing about this company is that they have never gone for the fast buck, put on contest to increase sales, tried to appeal to the fast food mentality of our society. Yet, they have done pretty good for themselves!!!!?Huh?  I still see (no pun intended.) them in every mall. I had my students write to them. They received a box of candy and lots of free catologs! Along with a hand signed letter from the president!   Now I wonder?? If a company like Sees Candy can do this, why can't others?  Why are the vast majority of buisnesses, in America, seem so cheap?  Out to make a lot of money???  Anyway they can get it???!!!    http://www.sees.com
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 01:51:38 am by David Mauldin » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 05:18:29 am »

I remember that day 15 years ago when my sister dropped her application off at
See's Candy. She got the job and has worked there ever since. My dear sister,
so energetic, so youthful, so athletic---but now, 15 years later, she weighs 478
LBS, and always smells like chocolate. In fact, that's all she ever talks about, with
that smile encrusted with a dark chocolate moustache. She never intends to leave,
because she is so addicted to candy that the very smell of it causes her to foam at
the mouth.

And, all around her, are other employees who fell in like manner. Like Manny, who used
to be a weight-lifter, and now has been reduced to a rotund tub of lard, and who is
one of those people who samples the chocolates in the box, putting the ones he doesn't
like back in, even though there's a bite mark in it. And we can all thank See's Candies for
these atrocities.  See's, I want my sister back <choke>, you destroyer's of fitness and
well-being. I hold you accountable See's Candies---you will all pay one day.

The above was brought to you by "Whitman's Chocolates" known for their famous 4 piece
sampler. Grin
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 05:29:47 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 06:34:35 am »

Cheesy     The trick is to run it off! I go to the gym almost every night. When I get tired I just think, "Dave" "Just think how good it's gonna taste!"
Mark Kisla
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 08:04:42 am »

I remember that day 15 years ago when my sister dropped her application off at
See's Candy. She got the job and has worked there ever since. My dear sister,
so energetic, so youthful, so athletic---but now, 15 years later, she weighs 478
LBS, and always smells like chocolate. In fact, that's all she ever talks about, with
that smile encrusted with a dark chocolate moustache. She never intends to leave,
because she is so addicted to candy that the very smell of it causes her to foam at
the mouth.

And, all around her, are other employees who fell in like manner. Like Manny, who used
to be a weight-lifter, and now has been reduced to a rotund tub of lard, and who is
one of those people who samples the chocolates in the box, putting the ones he doesn't
like back in, even though there's a bite mark in it. And we can all thank See's Candies for
these atrocities.  See's, I want my sister back <choke>, you destroyer's of fitness and
well-being. I hold you accountable See's Candies---you will all pay one day.

The above was brought to you by "Whitman's Chocolates" known for their famous 4 piece
sampler. Grin

I was once hitch hiking and a lady truck driver told me to apply there....she told me, " tell them Large Marge sent you"
vernecarty
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 01:34:04 pm »

I was once hitch hiking and a lady truck driver told me to apply there....she told me, " tell them Large Marge sent you"

I guess that means Marge was large and in charge...... Cool
Verne
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 04:33:31 am »

"Boy, I wath over at the thread "Athk Thkippy" and notithed there wath a new
thread a few doorth down"(he says with a face smeared with chocolate and a
big "See's Candies" double layered box of chocolates in hand, half empty). "I thure
am glad I came in here(munch munch, swallow). "I athked the good people here if I
could have a job and they thaid "thure" tho I thtart tomorrow(grabs another
chocolate and bites into it). "MMMMM, it'th a cream chocolate filled one, and it'th
really good. Thith ith gonna be a great job".  Well, thee you later."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 05:57:44 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 12:49:36 am »

"Well, I only worked one day then I quit. Look at the topth of my handth(stretches out his
hands and they are beet red on top). They thting really bad. Thothe two heavy women I wath
working with kept thlapping my handth every time I reached for a chocolate, but it theemed to be OK for them to keep eating them. It'th too bad, I kinda liked the place. Well, I'm headed to Arby'th to apply for a job. I juthd love barbecued food.  Thee ya."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: