AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 09:10:44 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Posting Rules! (joke...perhaps)  (Read 8720 times)
editor
« on: April 29, 2005, 08:53:17 am »

We could try to use this:

[vpa] 

to mean "viscious personal attack." 

This would be good, because then we could say what we wanted to say, in a way that the other person wouldn't get to riled up about.  After using [vpa], we could then go on to the substantive part of the post.

It would go something like this:

Brent,

[vpa] [vpa]  [vpa]

I think you were wrong.

[vpa]

in Christ,

What do you think?
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 08:29:18 pm »

Brent---

[vpa]  ....and besides that I just thing it's a rather stupid idea. [vpa] You started
a thread for an idea like this? [vpa]

Thanks for sharing though.

[vpa]

In Christ,   Joe
CAGirl

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 09:38:10 pm »

What is it about message boards and people getting all tied up in knots over other people stating new threads about things that they don’t deem worthy?? Maybe this is some sort of culture I just don’t grasp. Huh
    Brent, I think [vpa] is hilarious! Although I laugh more at reading the actual vicious personal attack.  Grin But the thing that cracks me up the most is [vpa] followed closely by “in Christ”. To use and assembly phrase, how “Christ like” of you.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 09:45:41 pm »

CAgirl---

I was just being sarcastic about starting the new thread---it gave me a reason to
use Brent's hilarious [vpa] symbol.

I have one more thing I'd like to add:

[vpa]

God bless, Joe
CAGirl

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 09:58:39 pm »

I couldn’t tell if it was sarcasm or not because on other message boards in the past I have seem people get all crazy about threads they don’t like. Embarrassed You know? Someone could just start a thread called “VPA” and it could be exclusively for ripping people to shreds. I’m just thinking that [vpa] may not be satisfying enough for some. Grin
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 10:08:30 pm »

CAGirl---

You're right about the criticism of threads. That's funny--start a thread called
"VPA" or "The insult Room", and then afterwards everyone could go to the
"Apology Room" Grin

--Joe
CAGirl

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 11:53:02 pm »

How bout there be a room called “Personal Insults and Apologies” and then inside of that threads with the name of each specific LB or other you may feel like bashing and a thread reserved for apologies from LB’s or apologies to others. Hummm I wonder which threads will have more posts in them. Ok I took that a little off subject but then...... just an idea. Grin
vernecarty
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 01:13:00 am »

and a thread reserved for apologies from LB’s or apologies to others... . just an idea. Grin

It probably would do them more good than it would the recepients CAGirl.
I also suspect it would be a very lonely thread so far as apologies from former LBs are concerned.
I am therefore offering an unqualified apology on behalf of all those who formerly served with George Geftakys, but are now too embarrased to come on the BB or any other public forum and make an apology in person. There....it's now safe for all former leading brothers!  Smiley
Verne

p.s. ..the presumption is that you now think serving with GG was not such a good idea...but that goes without saying...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 01:19:58 am by VerneCarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2005, 02:40:55 am »

How bout there be a room called “Personal Insults and Apologies” and then inside of that threads with the name of each specific LB or other you may feel like bashing and a thread reserved for apologies from LB’s or apologies to others. Hummm I wonder which threads will have more posts in them. Ok I took that a little off subject but then...... just an idea. Grin

Can we do it in latin?  Grin

Verne

p.s. reminds me of a Jon Cleese joke...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 02:45:14 am by VerneCarty » Logged
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 10:36:09 pm »

Brent:

It's "vicious", not "viscious".

Matt Sciaini
editor
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 10:46:05 pm »

Brent:

It's "vicious", not "viscious".

Matt Sciaini

Ok smarty,

It could be either couldn't it?  [vpa]

Brent
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2005, 12:20:57 am »

My thoughts along these lines have been unpopular in the past, due at least in part to the fact that they were nuts.

But all kidding aside, I would like to be able to read a reply to my post before that reply has been cast into outer cyberdarkenss where there is weeping and gnashing of keys (OK-- I exaggerated when I said ALL kidding aside-- be discerning.)  A direct reply to a post of mine was deleted before I saw it awhile back & I lived, but I'd like to have known what it said.

So whaddaya think about, instead of deleting the post, based on one moderator's opinion, it could be saved to a special thread: The VPA Thread (or, if you're feeling more generous, the Questionable Posts Thread)?  That way, it's out of the mainstream of the topical thread it appeared on (a notation of its transfer could be inserted in its place), but still available to those who want to see it.  Harsh responses could be traded back & forth there instead of on the rest of the board.

Whatever your take on the above, I want to commend all the moderators on their conscientiousness and dedication.  I don't envy you your responsibility in that regard.  In fact, I wouldn't want to be a moderator, and would ONLY consider taking the duty temporarily if, say, all the moderators were traveling to the Midwest Moderators' Seminar in the same vehicle &... (well, you get the picture)-- but ONLY until a permanent replacement could be found!!!

al Wink

P.S.-- Brent, if you mean VISCOSE, that' snot funny! Grin
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 12:23:05 am by al Hartman » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: