AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 11:34:45 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: STOCKS  (Read 36972 times)
vernecarty
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2005, 11:01:45 pm »

I would advise learning and investing on your own.  You can begin by paper trading (following stocks, etc. without putting any money in and seeing how it goes).  After this start small, keep diversified, and you will do at least as well as a mutual fund (mostly because you only have commissions to pay on your own-- my Scottrade account charges $7.00 a a trade.)

God Bless,  Mark C.

This is most excellent advice David. Some companies, including Forex, will even let you set up a dummy account to get some practice. They also accept mini-accounts of as little as 300 clams!  Smiley
Verne
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 11:04:47 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2005, 02:43:56 am »

Thanks! Smiley
David Mauldin
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2005, 11:00:44 pm »

I had a very enjoyable evening with my investment club last night.The topic of ENRON came up. What and how did this happen?  I've read a few things, "Their advisor was their auditor.." What, how?  The more I learn the less secure I feel. What garuntees do I have that I won't be burned? Also what info do you know about worldcom.  Martha stewart is up to $ 26. No, make that $27!!! Wish I was back in!!!!  Cry :'(As of tomorrow I am back in!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 12:54:20 am by David Mauldin » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2005, 10:53:46 pm »

Martha's stock shot up from $21 two weeks ago to $27!!  I think it is going back up to mid 30's!!!  If not soon probably 6 months from now???!!!  (I only put 5 grand in this time. Thinking I should go more!) The more I think about it MSO is on its way back and beyond.  The Martha hype is over and now she is going to kick butt!  Yep I think it is on its way up!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 11:05:00 pm by David Mauldin » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2005, 08:46:50 pm »

Hi David M.!

I don't agree re. Martha, but if you must plunk down your $'s make sure and trail any move up with a stop-loss order.

MARK C.'s STOCK PICK OF THE WEEK!!!!

XTO Energy.  With the drop in Crude energy stocks have dropped and there is a chance to pick-up some of these at a good price.  Crude will go back up and also Natural gas will see a bump this summer and these things will benefit XTO.

Also, if you have the nerve, buy some gold stock, like BGO (Bema Gold).  BGO down to $1.72 and this is way below value. 

God Bless,  Mark C.
vernecarty
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2005, 07:42:04 pm »

Well! well! well!
It sure looks like 10500 is the strike point for a lot of us. The DOW teased up over that and immediately it looked as if the profit-takers swooped in.
Looks like I was wrong about a DOW 92500 this year. If it does not see a steep decline the next few days, 12000 here we come!  Smiley
Verne

p.s. I'm jumping in if it hits 10600 in the next two weeks...

p.p.s They are taking the oil speculators out on stretchers. As Bob Brinker said, this a" take no prisoners" decline with the blood freely flowing. What was that Goldman-Sachs said about impending 80 per bbl??!
The guys are truly hysterical; better yet, pupteteers extraordinaire...you can bet quite a few folk made a killing as a result of the panic buying...hyuk! hyuk! hyuk!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 10:50:09 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2005, 09:19:31 pm »

This market is alive! It is also sneaky.
What is it about this 10500 ceiling that refuses to give??!!
It just keeps roping in the suckers and then retreating with a snicker.
Well, I for one am staying put. There is something real fishy going on.
Any guesses??!!  Smiley
Verne
David Mauldin
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2005, 10:51:18 pm »

Your guesses are better than mine!   
David Mauldin
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2005, 12:54:40 am »

Hey Mark, After hitting $21 a month ago she's up past $27  Yep I really think this is just the start! (Perhaps I shouldn't have sold?) By September she will be up in the mid thirties again!! I  better buy more!  Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 12:58:28 am by David Mauldin » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2005, 04:10:30 am »

Dang! It closed over $28!!!!
David Mauldin
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2005, 06:29:46 am »

Today's close $28.50!!! Cheesy
David Mauldin
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2005, 05:01:33 am »

AAAAAHHHHHH! She is spikng $30!!!  Time to get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2005, 08:08:57 am »

Hello to all BB investors! Cheesy

BGO (Bema Gold) up from my last alert a few weeks backat $1.76 to $2.33 today.   Up on climbing gold prices even in the face of a rising dollar.

XTO, another recent recommendation of mine, up about $6.00 in the last few weeks to $34.38!  XTO up on surging crude prices nearing $60.00 a barrel.

Soybeans have surged to new highs as well!  I closed out the trade I had on the option spread with a nice profit of $1650.00 on my initial $900.00 investment.  Is it really as hot and dry in the Midwest as grain traders seem to think? 

Commodity related stocks are doing well as funds pour money into basic materials and food stuffs because they see demand outstripping supply in the future.

Go ahead and trade Martha Dave, but use trailing stops, as the valuations for this company are too high for where it's trading at.  I still want you to check out Salem Broadcasting (SALM) as this company has the most potential for growth of any broadcasting company out there.

Am taking some of my profits and sending them to Steve Harris for his Romanian Mission work and would encourage others to consider this as well.  He has a container ready to go and needs money for shipping costs.

God Bless,  Mark C.

David Mauldin
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2005, 03:28:41 am »

Great info Mark!  Thanks!
David Mauldin
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2005, 04:07:36 am »

She's at $$$$$30.50 Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: