AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 04:54:15 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Family Quandry  (Read 28843 times)
mithrandir
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2005, 02:00:07 am »

Brent, your comments on the assemblies still loyal to George are right on.  However, I think there are some assemblies which have "renounced George", yet are still just as dangerous.  For instance, can anyone tell what's going on now in Placentia?

Clarence Thompson
editor
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2005, 02:19:57 am »

Brent, your comments on the assemblies still loyal to George are right on.  However, I think there are some assemblies which have "renounced George", yet are still just as dangerous.  For instance, can anyone tell what's going on now in Placentia?

Clarence Thompson

Hi Clarence!  Good to see you here.

I really have no idea what is going on in Placentia, except that I hear Tim G. has now left Fullerton and is in Placentia. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they gravitated back towards George, but I have no reason to believe that they have done so.  As for them being as dangerous, I disagree.  It is one thing to be a controlling nut, and to derive one's identity from a small church that is under one's control---Jack Hansen.

It is quite another to have all of that, and ignore the plain truth about a man like George and continue to serve him God's name.  That takes it to another level all together.

Sure, there is enough George in some of these guys for them to get really bad, but I am not aware that they have done so.

I really think SF, Pasadena, Sacramento, and possibly West LA are far worse.

Brent
summer007

Email
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2005, 12:35:24 am »

Brent, If you get your re-fund/proceeds let me know. I'm thinkin of filing my own class action law-suit for Fraud and Damages. I'd sure like to see Judas/GG on the witness stand. I don't consider him a believer, I think this was all a charade to bank-roll his lifestyle. Others can do whatever they want, it makes no difference to me.  Summer.
editor
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2005, 01:19:08 am »

Brent, If you get your re-fund/proceeds let me know. I'm thinkin of filing my own class action law-suit for Fraud and Damages. I'd sure like to see Judas/GG on the witness stand. I don't consider him a believer, I think this was all a charade to bank-roll his lifestyle. Others can do whatever they want, it makes no difference to me.  Summer.

the only way I am going to get a refund is if Marta and Marcos Velasco decide to sell the property and give me my money back.  They are under no obligation to do so, as far as I know.

Would it be right for them to re-pay their investors?  Yes, it sure would.  However, doing the right thing has never been the main point of the Assembly has it?

Brent
summer007

Email
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2005, 02:02:40 am »

You could lay claim to title through a lien, if your in a partnership agreement (forsing the sale, or they could buy you out) Course Mexican Law is different, so I'm sure an attorney would know for sure. Also I think they used to have 99 year leases fo non-citizens, perhaps thats why its in the Velacos name. At any rate if you do lay claim, and the place has a wacko/waco scene there you could be liable. So walking away may be the best thing. I guess its really not my business.  Summer
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2005, 06:46:46 am »

Hi Night Owl,

You are the kind of reader that this BB can really help.  The sources that Brent mentioned you will find helpful as well.

I agree with Brent that we must make a difference between the groups who still associate with GG and those who have excommunicated him.  If he's with the "7th day creation group" (incredible Huh) chances are you will not be able to have any kind of inroad to entreat him.  Prayer and hoping he comes out are your only recourse.

The groups that no longer associate with GG, but still carry on his "vision", can do damage to your family member as well.  Bad religion, though not a full blown Jonestown, has a subtle destructive power upon a soul as well.  But, you probably have a better chance at having access to him.

I would like to recommend that you read, "The Subtle Power Of Spiritual Abuse" which was not written about cults, but about your local bible believing church on the corner.  This is the best book I have ever read in giving a deeper understanding of what is going on to your family member in this group.  The book was written by a Pastor and professional counselor who inherited an abusive church.

However, there are some former leaders who have left the group and now attend local evangelical churches!  They refuse to associate with "dissaffected" former members and blame their members for the collaspe of their local groups!  They take their poison with them into the local Christian community.  Leaving is not a guarantee that they have faced what was formed in their soul from being in the group, and especially as a leader in it.

You have probably noticed when trying to talk to him that he will not accept any "negative" discussion, because he has been programmed to reject anything not supportive of the group as being "of the devil."

Since the discussion of erroneous teaching and practices of the group are the key for his deliverance this creates a problem.  One family hired a deprogrammer to get their son back from the Santa Barbara Asssembly---- he was successfully delivered ---and he has visited this BB to tell his story.

The important thing for you to try is to keep up some kind of relationship with him.  Even if you don't bring up the Assembly at all, it provides an opportunity for him to see an alternative to what he's seeing in the group.  Brent's advice about doing something fun with him, and outside of a religious context, is a good idea.

As most of us look back on our time in the group we all had little wake-up calls that caused us to think.  He may seem like a lost cause, but the time that you spend with him can make a big difference, even if you're just playing golf.

Yes, it is sad but very true, that leaving the group is a very dangerous moment for members, but of course staying in the group is worse.  Sometimes the departing member discovers that they really had no personal faith in Christ at all, and just drift away into the world.

Others have a great deal of confusion because they thought God was leading them in the Assembly, and don't understand how they could have been deceived.  They have difficulty trusting their own, and others, convictions as to what God would have them do.  If I was tricked once I could be again", is their fear!

This is where you will be the most help to him, and it could well be that your participation here will help you in that effort.  I pray that there will be a happy outcome to your Family Quandry and that we can be a help to you.

God Bless,  Mark C.

night owl

Email
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2005, 12:03:29 pm »

Hi Mark - rest assured you guys have been a HUGE help to me this past week. I can't thank you enough. And I read Brian Steele's de-programming story last night with great interest. I've just been praying that God would help me disseminate all this because it's been too much information (TMI! TMI!)  and I can't carry it all. It's a lot to take in and it's pretty overwhelming right now. I am just so grateful that He led me to you guys. Thanks for your patience with me.

P.S. Would someone mind expanding on the "7th day creation" thing for me? It's something I'm not familiar with - is there a post here already you can point me to?
M2
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2005, 05:57:41 pm »

P.S. Would someone mind expanding on the "7th day creation" thing for me? It's something I'm not familiar with - is there a post here already you can point me to?

www.geftakysassembly.com/Articles/TeachingPractice/CreativeTheology.htm
www.assemblyboard.com/index.php?topic=399.msg9811#msg9811

Marcia
night owl

Email
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2005, 11:14:30 am »

Thanks, Marcia! Love the penguins, btw.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2005, 10:40:39 am »

...I've just been praying that God would help me disseminate all this because it's been too much information (TMI! TMI!)  and I can't carry it all. It's a lot to take in and it's pretty overwhelming right now. I am just so grateful that He led me to you guys. Thanks for your patience with me.

Night Owl, it's kinda like listening to ministry or attending a Bible study-- whether you take notes or not, you can't retain it all.  You can print the posts, or save them to disk, but it really isn't important that you grasp it all perfectly & at once.  In fact it's impossible.  The Lord graciously gives us what we need when we need it, and if we ask Him to, He will lead us in the assimilation of it, according to His design.

But I know that you already understand this, because right after pleading TMI, you asked for more! Cheesy  You're doing great! Wink

al
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: