AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 10:08:47 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: REASONS TO ENCOURAGE A FRIEND  (Read 16771 times)
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 02:02:49 am »

June 14th:

Something light hearted and fun, maybe even a little goofy.

14 Flag Day............................................... Cool
15 Smile Power Day.............................................. Smiley
15 A Friend In Need
    Is A Friend Indeed Day..................................................... Cry Kiss
15 Sneak A Kiss Day................... Kiss
19 Father's Day....................................... Cool
19 Butterfly Day
20 Vanilla Milkshake Day
21 Peaches And Cream Day
21 Summer Solstice
21 Cuckoo Warning Day
22 Chocolate Eclair Day
23 Typewriter Day
24 Flying Saucer Day
24 Swim Day
25 Strawberry Parfait Day
26 Chocolate Pudding Day
29 Remote Control Day
30 Sky Day

July 2005

1 Canada Day
1 International Joke Day
4 Fourth of July
4 Barbecue Day
5 Workaholics Day
7 Chocolate Day
7 Macaroni Day
8 Ice Cream Sundae Day
8 Be A Kid Day
9 Sugar Cookie Day
9 Rock N' Roll Day
10 Barn Day
10 Teddy Bear's Picnic Day
11 Cheer Up Day
11 Swimming Pool Day
13 French Fries Day
14 Bastille Day
14 Cow Appreciation Day
15 I Love Horses Day
17 Peach Ice Cream Day
17 Ice Cream Cone Day
18 Chrysanthemum Day
20 Lollipop Day
20 Moon Day
21 Monkey Day
22 Spoonerism Day
24 Cousins Day
24 Parents' Day
26 Groovy Chicken Day
26 Aunt And Uncle's Day
28 Hamburger Day
30 Cheesecake Day
31 Jump For Jellybeans Day

...More Events

tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 02:04:14 am »

HAPPY FLAG DAY TO YOU ALL, WITH IT THE

STARS AND STRIPES

RED MAPLE LEAF

OR FROM WHATEVER COUNTRY.

HAPPY FLAG DAY! Cheesy
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 07:38:00 pm »

Cheesy Grin :)June 23rd:

According to my list today is TYPEWRITER DAY

So to all who still own a typewriter, and have been trained as a typist {including me},
then this is for you.
Because typist and typewriters are obsolete.

So maybe this should be a DAY OF THINKING OF THE TOLD DAYS OF  THE TYPEWRITER.

Roll Eyes ::)TYPEWRITER AND THE TYPISTS YOU HAVE EARNED YOU WAY INTO THE HISTORY BOOKS, AND HAVE PAVED THE WAY TO THE MODERN COMPUTER KEYBOARD. Cry

HAPPY TYPEWRITER AND TYPIST DAY TO YOU AS YOU REMEMBER HOW IT WAS WHEN THE TYPEWRITER AND THE TYPIST WAS MUCH NEEDED COMMODITY IN THE WORKFORCE.

MY HATS ARE OFF YOU YOU Roll Eyes Cool
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 07:47:10 pm »

Checking the list, it tells me that today is STRAWBERRY PARFAIT DAY.

This area is busy picking strawberrries.
There are strawberry socials , with strawberry shortcakes, strawberry cheescakes, strawberries and whip cream.

SO GO OUT AN ENJOY A STRAWBERRY TODAY.

Y   U    MM    Y
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 08:12:54 pm »

Checking the list, it tells me that today is STRAWBERRY PARFAIT DAY.

This area is busy picking strawberrries.
There are strawberry socials , with strawberry shortcakes, strawberry cheescakes, strawberries and whip cream.

SO GO OUT AN ENJOY A STRAWBERRY TODAY.

Y   U    MM    Y

Lenore,

If you are going to add shortcakes, cheesecakes and whip cream to strawberry parfait day, you should put this on a thread called: Let's All Get Fat Together Day.

This is not a post to encourage a friend, unless you Canadians need the extra calories to build up fat to keep you warm for the coming winter year, oops, I mean months.  Grin

I'm trying to take some pounds off so I don't have to buy a new wardrobe.

Do you have an Eat Healthy Foods Day?  Grin

Moonflower

tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2005, 04:29:14 am »

Lenore,

If you are going to add shortcakes, cheesecakes and whip cream to strawberry parfait day, you should put this on a thread called: Let's All Get Fat Together Day.

This is not a post to encourage a friend, unless you Canadians need the extra calories to build up fat to keep you warm for the coming winter year, oops, I mean months.  Grin

I'm trying to take some pounds off so I don't have to buy a new wardrobe.

Do you have an Eat Healthy Foods Day?  Grin

Moonflower

Sorry Moon:

I didnt make up these list, it is an ecard site called  www.21.123 greeting.com
This gives me the list. It is to encourage people to send more ecards.

I know we needed to stop obessing over food. As a person of size at 280 pounds I need to count my calories, fat grams, carbs, sugars, etc.

Sometime I just have to look at something, I swear I gain 5 pounds, but in reality, looking is calorie free.

My brother said a quote: "JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ON A DIET DOESNT MEAN YOU CANT LOOK AT THE MENU'.

Sometimes I wonder if he was refering to food, or women.

I checked with the list, a day in July is WORKALCOHOLIC DAY, so maybe we can burn off all the junk food days.

HOW ABOUT JUST A BOWL OF FRESH STRAWBERRIES. Strawberries is a good source of anti oxdins, although not as good as blueberries.

Speaking of blueberries, have you ever had a green tea and blueberry  mix, it is so delicious and very good for your system. When I was working at the mall, at the drug store that was my beverage of choice during break. Both Green Tea and Blueberry are an excellent source of antioxidins.

Sometimes you need just to enjoy the food, whether it is a sweet like Strawberry Shortcake, you know you can make it as low in calories and fat free as possible.
By using fat free whip cream, and sugar substitue sweetners, angel foodcake is the lowest calorie of all the cakes. 

As a big girl, I have learned cut fat, cut sugar, and am learning to cut the bad carbs, and slowly changing my eating one step at a time. I enjoy my food too much, so when I am out to a social function, like a good Baptist fellowship is with the food, I sample, to let the host how good the cooking was.

Isnt church people, very good in the cooking, baking and eating department.
If people go away from these functions hungry, it is their own fault.

Even if you can only feast your eyes on the words STRAWBERRY PARFAIT, with memory of how it taste. Then enjoy that memory.

BECAUSE....JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ON A DIET DOESNT MEAN YOU CANT LOOK AT THE MENU....

Lenore Roll Eyes Grin
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2005, 07:28:31 am »

Frenchvanillaicecreambuysomechocolatecakewithvanillafrostingbuysomewhippedwithallthefat
buysomecreamsuzieq'sbuysometwinkiesbrowniessugarcookiesbuysomeicecreamwithcarmeltoppingbuy
somebananasplitpepperminticecreamchocolateelairebuysomebutterfingerhersheybarchocolatechip
cookiesbuysomevanillamilkshakesugarbabiesbuysometoffeecoffeedrinksomenowslowpokebitohoney
blackcownestlesquickstrawberrymilkshakebuysomeblizzardwhippedcreamwithallthefatwhipsomenow
creamcheesebubblegumbazookadoritosbuysomeextremebutterpopcornpotatochipswithdipbuysome
nachoswithcheesechocolateminticecreamapplepiewithicecreamandwhippedcreamwithallthefat
pumpkinpiewithicecreamwhippedcreamwithallthefatchocolatepuddingwithwhippedcreamallthefat
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 07:33:52 am by moonflower » Logged
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2005, 08:08:39 am »

HI Moon:  Can any one join in your food party?  Is it a picnic or a pity party comfort food?

I know Shocked TODAY JUNE 26TH IS CHOCOLATE PUDDING DAY Lips sealed Undecided

My Grandmother used to make Chocolate Pudding, right from scratch, none of this box instant stuff.

She loved her pudding, and instead of whip cream, she would sprinkled it with white sugar.

My Maternal grandmother lived to be 92 years old, and apparently a big woman, She was a widow at 43, and never remarried. My grandmother gave birth to 10 children, when she died 19 years ago, she outlived them all except four. The only ones that are left are my mother and my aunt. Both are in their 70's. My mother was 5 years old when her father died. My grandmother still had to finish raising her children, two including my mother wasnt even in school yet. I remember my grandmother, she was grandma/granny to the entire hill of Braeside. She would have kids, teenage boys in her house, and they played bingo with her, or cards with her.
She would have cheesie or chips and pop for the kids.  That was a long time ago.

So in memory of my Grandmother "HAPPY CHOCOLATE PUDDING DAY TO ALL"

Lenore
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2005, 08:42:01 am »

Sounds like your grandmother was a strong woman.

My maternal grandmother, who was obese, died at 46. Her sons, who were not overweight, also died young.

My maternal step-grandma lived to 88, raised 5 kids, had none of her own, and was another obese grandma.

Anyway, I'll bet my grandma's pancakes with Karo syrup were better than your grandma's chocolate pudding. Her genuine rye bread with real butter was good too. And she always had a pile of comic books to read. In fact, my grandma is better than your grandma!

tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2005, 07:32:30 am »

Sounds like your grandmother was a strong woman.

My maternal grandmother, who was obese, died at 46. Her sons, who were not overweight, also died young.

My maternal step-grandma lived to 88, raised 5 kids, had none of her own, and was another obese grandma.

Anyway, I'll bet my grandma's pancakes with Karo syrup were better than your grandma's chocolate pudding. Her genuine rye bread with real butter was good too. And she always had a pile of comic books to read. In fact, my grandma is better than your grandma!

You may be right there, My maternal grandmother was a wonderful Christian lady.

My paternal grandmother, and grandfather. I used to go there for sleep overs, and they would spoil me for a couple of days. They have been gone 26 years now.
There were married 66 years and died 66 days apart.

My grandparents lived in a house, with no running water, no bathroom, no electric stove.
They had electricity.
I used to go there, and my grandfather gave me money. Boy what I could get for that money.
Back then for a buck$ I could get a comic book, a soft drink, a chocolate bar/chips, and some penny candies. I remember I had a big stack of comic books saved at my grandparents.
My grandmother would even let me smoke during my teen years. I always wonder why I never got hooked on those things.
SHe would help me make doll clothes for my barbie.
She would bake bread in a wood stove. She would even have round breads.
She would make bacon strips , with the rind on them.
My grandfather carried his drinking water. The village of Braeside had public pumps during my growing up days. When my folks got in the well, then my grandfather would come and get water from my folks.
I used to bake  pies, cakes, and other things for my grandfather. Even when I went Ottawa would come home for a visit, he would tell me not to sleep in. One day he wanted a Johnny Cake, I came home and told my mother. SHe made the cake, and I got the credit.
They died the year I got married. I always says because their deaths, and three others occurred before and after my wedding, I always said that is the reason my marriage died too.
I loved my grandfather so much. For years, whenever I got insecure, I would talk about my grandfather, reliving the memories, these people were my security place. I dont think they were Christians. I remember when my grandfather went into the hospital, he was 85-86, his body went into a fectal position, I used to take a ounce of my dad gin to him. My grandfather was not a big drinker, he just liked his nip or two.
My grandparents had 9 live births. When my grandfather died in APril 1979, He left 5 generations. At that time 29 grandchildren , 32 great grandchildren, and 5 great great grandchildren.  26 years later, there is only my dad, one brother and one sister left of that family.
My parents will be celebrating 50 years this fall. We had an old dog, a pure white one, but a mutt. This dog lived to be 14 years old. His name was Tammy.  My grandfather planted 1/4 acre garden. He lived right across the road from us. Grandpa would bring carrots, small potatoes, beans to this dog.  My sister had a gineau pig for a couple of years. We used to take it over to Grandpa, and he would call it his bunny. My grandfather always had cats, which would sit on his knee. ALthough he had a television, they would only watch it in the evening, and would keep it one the one station CBC. One Saturday, there was a movie on, Grissely Adams on, Since I was the only one Grandpa tend to listen to, and I could get away with things others could not. I went over and turn the station, and told him to watch, at 8 pm there would be a good movie, and would be over in the morning to change the station back. Well my grandparents usually were in bed by 8:30 pm. He watched the whole thing until 10 pm.
Maybe your grandmother can out beat my grandmothers, but I would put my grandfather up to anyone's grandfather. Grandpa was the nicest man that walked the streets of Braeside.

Lenore
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2005, 12:16:59 am »

JULY 1ST

HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL CANADIANS

JULY 4TH

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL THE AMERICANS
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2005, 12:29:07 am »

JUNE 10TH:

HAPPY LORD'S DAY !

TODAY IS ALSO [BARN DAY]

To all you farmers out there, where your livestock is stored, and the equipment, and the food.

I think we can pray for those who make their living by providing our food.

TODAY IS ALSO TEDDY BEAR PICNIC DAY.

Ottawa Children Hospital, benefits from an annual teddy bear's picnic, they even set up a BASH unit where broken and sick teddy bears can be brought to be repaired and healed.
This BASH unit is manned by actual nurses and doctors and other medical personnel from the local CHEO{Children Hospital of Eastern Ontario}.
It is a funraiser for CHEO.
It is held this year on Rideau Hall , where our governor general lives.

Does any one have a story to share about a favourite teddy bear, or one of your children's teddy bear that they used as comfort, or favourite, or dragged around.

I am sure these story can be very inspiring, and timely, whether it was our own, our children's or our grandchildren's, neice, or nephew, or a god child etc.

HAPPY TEDDY BEAR'S PICNIC DAY, TO ALL THOSE WHO LOVE TEDDY BEARS.

tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 02:14:18 am »

Smiley Cheesy Grin Cool Roll Eyes Kiss

JULY 27TH

ENCOURAGE A FRIEND.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, SHARE THEM WITH A FRIEND, THANK GOD FOR THEM.

MY THANKFULNESS TODAY,

IS THAT THERE IS A BREAK IN THE HUMIDITY.

MY GARDEN IS ALREADY PRODUCING YELLOW BEANS, WHICH I SHARED AT A POTLUCK TODAY AT THE CMHC Center.

THAT I HAVE HAD A GOOD SUMMER WITH ACTIVITIES ALSO WITH THE CMH Center

THAT I HAVE A WONDERFUL CHURCH FAMILY, THAT IS THERE WHEN I REALLY NEED THEM.

EVEN THOUGH THE RELATIONSHIPS ARE ROCKY, I AM THANKFUL FOR MY FAMILY.
ALL OF THEM.

I AM THANKFUL, THAT MY PASTOR'S WIFE, HAS STARTED A NEW SMALL GROUP BIBLE STUDY ON 1 JOHN.  I AM EVEN THANKFUL FOR  THE HOMEWORK.

I AM THANKFUL FOR ALL OF GOD'S CREATION AND HIS CREATURES, INCLUDING THE ONES I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR.

EVEN THOUGH I AM MOVING IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS, I AM THANKFUL FOR THIS HOUSE THAT HAS BEEN MY HOME FOR THE LAST 18 YEARS.

EVEN THOUGH MY FEELINGS ARE CONFLICTED, I AM THANKFUL FOR SARA'S ENGAGEMENT, AND THANKFUL THAT THEY ARE NOT GETTING MARRIED FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. I AM THANKFUL YOUNG MAN HAS WON THE AFFECTIONS OF MY MOTHER.

I AM THANKFUL THAT SARA GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL, AND I AM THANKFUL THAT SHE WAS ABLE TO OBTAIN AN APARTMENT IN THE CITY, AND I AM THANKFUL THAT SHE IS PURSUING A COLLEGE COURSE.

EVEN THOUGH THE APARTMENT IS SO SMALL, AND THE KITCHEN IS A JOKE, I AM THANKFUL THAT FOR THE APARTMENT I HAVE RECEIVED.

JUST COUNTING MY BLESSINGS AND BEING THANKFUL FOR THEM.

I AM THANKFUL IF THIS HAS ENCOURAGED SOMEONE ELSE.

LENORE

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: