AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 11:25:04 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cosmetic Surgery  (Read 11188 times)
outdeep

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 05:04:35 am »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Yeah, you kind of captured my feeling.
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005, 12:27:22 am »

I don't have strong feelings about cosmetic surgery.  It's not for me, but then I inherited a good head of hair from my dad.  On the other hand, I would be lieing if I didn't admit that after I exercise I look at my "pot belly" in the mirror and quietly wonder what could be done.

My sister-in-law got some artificial boobs (can I use that word on this board?)  To me, it is kind of creepy when we visit and she walks up with these over-large artificial things pointing at me.  But, if the end result is more natural, I can see where it can be a real esteem enhancer as you say.

At least Dave Mauldin's hair is real. You can spot false knockers in pictures and TV. (the edge of them shows through when they are pushed up). It's society influencing the way you look at yourself and thinking that everyone has to look  a certain way. Why should a woman change herself to appear to be what society says is sexually attractive? Why should every woman be evaluated as to what her sexual appeal is? There is more to sexuality than plopping a couple blobs of silicone on your chest. It's an unnecessary invasive procedure, just like lipo.

The reason it may make a woman feel better about herself is because she is letting society define what the value of a woman is. The value of a woman is not in what she looks like.

Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart. The old stand-by should work for us all.
David Mauldin
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 12:58:52 am »

Moon, I agree with everything you said.  I don't think we should let other people decide for us how/what we feel about ourselves. I realize this sounds like I am contradicting myself.  How a person feels about themselves can mean everything to their psychological wellbeing. I have always been way too much overly conscious about any flaws I have. Where-as some people have no problem with their self image.  Example some guys who have big fat pregnant stomachs seem to have no problem walking down the beach advertising their lifelong achievment.   I on the other hand have no stomach but feel the need to get a ripped abdomen before taking on any such adventure.  I can remember a brother in fellowship at the H.B. Assembly.  I can't remember his name but he stood about 5 ' 2'' and was totally bald.  He also was deaf to the point that he wore hearing aids.  Yet he didn't seem self-conscious at all!  In fact he had a very dynamic personality!  His personality made him attractive!!  I remember he marride a nice looking Asian girl!  So there you go!!!  Did I waste $10 grand?  I know that I didn't. I think that its just a situation where everyone is different and everyone has different needs.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 01:03:36 am by David Mauldin » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: