AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 01:46:13 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted?  (Read 8605 times)
outdeep

Email
« on: January 15, 2003, 12:33:33 am »

Deleted by Dave Sable 1/22/2003.

I can't delete the whole post without deleting the whole thread, because it's the first post.

Brent
« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 06:42:00 am by editor » Logged
editor
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 01:33:02 am »

Dave,

That is beautiful!

I would also add that he must listen to his seminars and watch the videos, and then for every time he says, "If we only had time to go into detail,"  He must admit that he was not able to do so.

Also, every time he said, "If you people only had the capacity to understand what I am saying to you,"  he would have to watch the tape of their lives and over and over come to the realization that they were trying as hard as they could to understand him, but his communication was so obtuse and without meaning that they couldn't.

Now, I must check myself here.  I am only being humerous and sarcastic, because the topic is just that.

Thanks for the post, Dave.

Brent
Rachel

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 01:58:08 am »

So sarcasism is not edifying, eh?  Well Kimmberley and I were just on the phone crying over the heartache of this whole situation and we came on this site and read this post and now we are laughing.  What a great relief.  Dave, you have no idea how perfect it was to read your post right when we did.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2003, 01:59:19 am by Rachel » Logged
editor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 02:17:34 am »

Dear Rachel

Sarcasm is totally appropo.

I also laughed at Dave's post, and was refreshed as well.  My comments on sarcasm are mainly for me, and should not be construed as being directed towards anyone else.

The fact is, I will continue to be humerous and sarcastic, it is my personality.  However, I was beginning to enjoy all of this too much, and it began to have an effect on me.  I was getting too confident that I knew exactly what was going to happen, and exactly what I should do.  In short, I was so pumped about everything that I had forgotten to pray, and to give God the glory in all of this.  That is pride, and it is exactly what the real enemy, (diabolos) wants to do.  He is not happy that these captives are being set free and thus he is using all of his old weapons against me, that worked very well for many years.

Now, am I going all soft?  Am I backing down?  No way.  I have only begun to fight.  But I am not going to make the mistake of being presumptuous, and assuming that I have all the answers.  This is dicey business, and it is no place for a proud, headstrong person.

In all seriousness,

Brent

PS---I wouldn't have to say all this if you people only had the capacity to understand what I am saying to you...... Grin
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 02:24:01 am »

Uh Brent, what are you saying?   Roll Eyes

I know exactly where you are coming from, hence I did not throw in my comment that the song would rather be "tem bay a naye".

Later,
G
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 02:29:05 am »

I LOVE that song!!! Grin
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2003, 02:30:55 am »

Ok Eulaha, then for you one of my all time favorite Brother George sayings "ONE MORE TIME!" (after the upteenth time of singing it).  Grin

Cheers,
G
editor
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2003, 02:38:58 am »

G

Uh Brent, what are you saying?  

Gee, I guess I am losing my grip here.

Pay no attention to anything I have said in the last post.

That's all for now,

editor, Servant of the GM, Poster among posters, just a poster in the GM.
David Mauldin
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2003, 03:20:48 am »

Interresting that you should mention this doctrine. It is  a fundamental component of  Ancient Egyptian Mythology.     They (the Egyptians)actually believed that the state they left this earth had everything to do with the next life. (Although their slant was more on the positive side)  I am not sure if any other Christian groups (other than Catholic) hold to this Geftakys doctrine?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2003, 03:21:41 am by David Mauldin » Logged
Oscar

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2003, 07:48:27 am »

Hi Dave,
I'm afraid the saying, "I almost died laughing" has taken on a new meaning for me.
Tom Maddux
Oscar

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2003, 09:48:31 am »

Dave,
This one comes from Grace, (we are reading this at her house).

George does not need any income from the assembly.

He could get rich quick selling his seminar tapes as a sure cure for insomnia.

Tom M.
OnlyJesus24

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2003, 05:31:58 am »

Those are great Dave. You've definitely got yourself a future there. Hope to hear more of it. Grin
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2003, 11:34:10 pm »

Great Dave! Grin Grin
    It is wonderful to have your presence here!
  I still remember your sharing (when I first left) the famous song by "America", called, "thru the desert on a horse with no name", changed to fit ex-member's experiences, "I've been through the desert with the church with no name etc.".
   Like Rush Limbaugh, one can make some good points by using humor to show the absurdity of GG teaching.
   Enjoyed it thoroughly!
                                       God bless,  Mark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: