AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 09:01:52 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Time For Judgment?  (Read 15787 times)
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2003, 08:36:05 am »

Authur, praise God that unlike those we are calling out to turn, you brother are an example of one willing to be entreated and open.  

I pray that the Grace that fell on you falls on all, including myself because we need it!

Lord Bless,
G
Arthur
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2003, 08:45:06 am »

me?  example?  wha?  thanks George, but hey yeah that's it, huh?  The grace of God!  Otherwise we'd all be a puddle of bad news.
And now I am hopeful that his grace surely is greater than all the sin in this whole mess.  It is wonderful and amazing to behold!

Arthur
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2003, 04:55:35 am »

Yes, I have read that before and remembered thinking, wow, that's heavy.  It is amazing what is found in the Bible. I think a lot of nice people have the tendency to be soft on people who do wrong, and that is not right.  On the other hand, Jesus said blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy.  And he said father forgive them..., do you think he was referring to the Pharisees, the Roman executioners, the nation of Israel, or all of humanity when he said that?
That psalm brought back memories.  Actually it is the main memory that I can't get out of my head and I still causes me grief to this day.  
When I came to live in Fullerton, I immediately became distraught over what I saw there.  I was very confused because I thought these were godly men since they preached from the Bible and for the most part it sounded good, but what I saw made me ill.  Before I came there I was so happy and so enjoying the grace of God that I was coming to learn about.  But now, I was in deep distress.  I read the Psalms and prayed so much that God would deliver me somehow.  I felt like Psalm 6,
I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.  Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
At times, I thought maybe it was my fault, maybe I was wrong, because these were my brethren and supposedly godly men, how could they be the wicked or the enemy?  But my subconscience told me that no, there is something wrong here.  I felt like Psalm 38, it gave me some comfort that David could feel this way too
 O lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.  For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.  There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.  For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.  My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.  I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.  For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.  I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.  Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.  My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.  My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.  They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.
I could not understand why God would not answer my prayers for deliverance.  I read so many Psalms were the Lord delievered the author.  e.g. Psalm 18:17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.
So where was this deliverance? If I was right, and these men were treating me wrong, why were these men allowed to do what they did to me without God punishing them?  Looking back on it, I figure that God delievers in his own time, not when I want it, but that's a tough pill to swallow when your in the midst of the pain.  
Now, I'm free from their grasp, it's all in the open, and it turns out my suspicions were correct.  But the damage was done. I feel like my soul was fried like by an intense heat ray of wickedness. I went from being on top of the world to what felt like the depths of hell in less than a year.  I haven't been the same since.  Can you relate?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 05:10:59 am by Arthur » Logged
Arthur
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2003, 01:37:31 pm »

Yeah, Fullerton to me was like the hornet's nest, or more appropriately referred to as the pit of hell.  Some people seemed to like it there.  I couldn't relate.
freebird

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2003, 10:44:46 pm »

Jeremiah 21:12  O house of David, thus saith the LORD; Execute judgment in the morning, and deliver him that is spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor, lest my fury go out like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.
Mark Kisla
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2003, 03:06:14 am »

If G&BG personal history indicates any kind of pattern it's if they can't fully control where they're at, they move to were they can.
 I ask 4 questions; How and should Christians do something to prevent others from being deceived by George ?
 Has George broken any laws in the United States and could he be  prosecuted ?
editor
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2003, 03:20:00 am »

Dear Mark

Has George broken any laws?  Perhaps, but he is innocent, in the legal sense, until proven guilty in a court of law.

Judy could sue him.  Whether she does or not is up to her.

Also, all indications are that George, Tim, David, and others, misused the money they received as full-time workers.  If this is true, and the IRS decides to go after them, they could very well be prosecuted.

Also, the women that George abused also have a case against him.  Whether or not they choose to pursue it is their business.

There could very well be other things that have gone on, that have yet to come to light.  When it comes to people like Geftakys, "every evil thing is there."  However, we don't know about every-evil-thing, only a few:

Lying
Immorality
fraud
plagiarism.

There are many biblical things that have gone on, which don't result in criminal prosecution, but which should be dealt with in the church. That is why George, Betty and David have been excommunicated.

What is so frustrating, is that people are still hanging on to the old wineskin, claiming it is good, and "raised up from God," etc.

I am almost done with my work, but no one can stop these people from serving their idea of "Assembly."  They will have to experience the heartache that come when the skin is ruined, and the new wine is spilled, before it had a chance to mature.

Brent
Mark Kisla
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2003, 03:57:50 am »

Brent,
It is mind boggling to know after all that has come to light that there are those who choose not to believe the truth.
  What a grip there must be on their flesh.
 I hope all things become revealed.
 Mark
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: