AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 07:32:01 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A Time For Judgment?  (Read 15794 times)
vernecarty
« on: January 14, 2003, 02:08:20 am »

Goodbye and God bless!
Verne                                                
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 11:47:59 pm by vernecarty » Logged
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 02:20:11 am »

Verne, very well stated.
editor
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 10:20:12 am »

Verne

I do believe you are right on the money.  However, there are still so many little lambs in that place.  I pray that they don't get hurt.  The Lord knows.  We do need to be in prayer for all of this.

Brent
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 04:28:43 pm »

I hope that repentence, if and when it comes, isn't the weak forgive me if I did anything to offend, and if I did let me know. That might be a good start, but it shifts the burden of proof, so to speak, onto the one who was wronged. In other words, if you don't name it(the sin(s)) I don't have to claim it. In my opinion this would be another example of damage control only, and just a caricature of repentence.
editor
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 09:40:05 am »

Hello Garth

2 overcomer points for that post.

Although I am in total agreement with points one thru 4, it is only point 5 that matters.

We shall see.

Brent
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 11:33:12 am »

Sebastian, your post was right on.

forgive me if I did anything to offend, and if I did let me know

My wife and I heard this too much.  Actually my wife got, "I'm sorry if I offended you."  That was better than what I got.  I think the workers all learn this sorry thing in order to avoid responsibility.
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2003, 05:26:13 pm »

I can't see any scriptural, logical, or ethical reasons to attach the potentially restorative power of true repentence on the part of the leadership, in particular, to anything but obedience to God. It is simply the right thing to do whether or not the assembly continues and leaders lose their jobs. Let them obey God for once and then step down.
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2003, 06:38:04 pm »

Hi alll, just wanted to take Eric statement one step further if I may.

The
forgive me if I did anything to offend, and if I did let me know

Is not going to apply to a lot of things.  We all know that false witness/testimonys were made of people by not only leadership, but then continue by even the regular folk.  In other words I can 100% tell you right now that such and such said this about me, and if they were to give me the above line I would tell them in Love stop buying the lie and tell it to me like a man.

It is one thing to say something harmless and it offends someone, but a lot of these people know exactly how they offended.

Lastly for all you out there that said stuff to me personally and are reading this I have already forgiven you,  but there are MANY you still need to go to PERIOD!  Take this window of Grace God has given you and get your house in order.

Cheers and Lord Bless,
G
editor
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2003, 08:12:50 pm »

Hello George

Have you guys checked out this article?  It's the last one down the page the page on the website, under "Articles"

Forgive and Remember, and Forgiveness Distorted.

Check em out.

Brent
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2003, 08:55:35 pm »

Hey Brent, thanks for pointing out those articles brother, they bring to light one thing in particular I did not see in these talks on forgiveness, even though not said I bellieve most knew.  

It is the point that just because you are forgiven, does not mean the consequences are taken away, or will cease (God is faithful).

To keep the example relative to this board and web site, David G. will for at least this lifetime have to deal with many consequences of his sins, even if he repents and humbly ask his family (especially Judy) for forgiveness.

Lord Bless everyone,
G
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2003, 12:02:48 am »

Hi Garth, you are correct!

When I was leading the campus ministry I also had to help a women having marriage problems, and I let her know she did not have to stay and allow things to contiue even though she had forgiveness in her heart.

Also I am so glad that my mother did not stay with my dad, or I might not have a little brother.

Forgive, but do not stay if things continue.  Also I understand if you have a VERY, VERY, hard time forgiving.

Lord Bless,
G
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2003, 12:24:53 am »

Regarding forgiveness, those who have been directly affected by abuse whether verbal, physical, or in other ways, tend to have difficulty in forgiving.  I know someone who was abused for many years and it took that person 10 years to finally forgive the abuser.  

I say this because, in the assembly, we were taught that to not forgive is a sin.  The abused were to forgive just as easily as anyone else.  (I presume this was Betty's teaching.)  In so doing, the assembly heaped guilt upon those who suffered the worst.  I don't claim to know God's perspective on this, but I do sympathize with those who have suffered and I believe God has abundant grace for those who have suffered.  God is able to gently lead someone to repentance.  I've seen it in my own life and in the lives of many others.
Arthur
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2003, 02:22:37 am »

Why were we taught that to not forgive is sin?  And why were we taught that we must forgive no matter what, even if the offender doesn't ask for forgiveness nor stops doing the wrong?  Hmm...perhaps it was because George, Betty, et. al. had no intention whatsoever to stop abusing us.  On the contrary, the whole system they set up was intended to viloate us, knock us down and keep us there that they may drain whatever they could from us for their own purposes and then leave us for dead.  Reminds me of a vampire bat sucking the blood out of his prey, or a boa constrictor squeezing the life out of his victim before swallowing, or a what a spider does to a fly caught in his web.  "Step into my parlor", said the spider to the fly.
How did it feel to have the life sucked out of you slowly, day by day, under the watchful care of these "gentle shepherds" listening to their "life-transforming" messages?  Was your individuality really that important to you anyways?  It wasn't so bad, was it, to be robbed of the strength of your youth?

Now we hear there will be repentence?  Hah!  And I say it again, Hah!Repentence implies that they were good at one point and went astray somehow.  How can they repent for doing that which they purposed, set out, and always intended to do and have done for 30 years?  They are doing what is in their nature to do.  Could we tell a snake to repent and start acting like a mouse?  No, we all know what to do with snakes.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2003, 05:07:27 am by Arthur » Logged
BenJapheth
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2003, 08:13:26 am »

Arthur, wow, watch your tone, dear friend...Don't back folks into a corner, perhaps GG, BG, DG, et. al. will never respond - God knows - however, the innocent ones on the fence must see that folks are reaching out in love - tough love YES! direct and uncompromising YES! -but not in bitterness, ugly sarcasm, and a thinly veiled contempt.  

Perception is reality for everyone but yourself, manage that reality.

Love never fails.  I hope there is hope even for GG. If God COULD LOVE ME!!! when I was yet his enemy, how can we not but love and pity GG.  We love because He first loved us.  Love believes all things and yet love is not naive.

Lots of assembly folk are reading these threads on this site.  I saw my nephew, still in the assembly, "a guest" in December make a post in response to a very bitter account of some sordid history.  He inserted himself in the chat and rebuked the man for his words, which may have been true, but were lost in his ungodly manner and delivery..."This brother" lost an opportunity to impact a sincere audience.  He had knowledge, but had not love and therefore was but a clanging bell.

Your note will create the very defensiveness you would hope to avoid in these dear people.  Right now they are listening and they are open.  Remember in heaven before God's judgment of earth there was silence for what seemed an eternity - The Lamb stepped forward.  We must aspire to be worthy and innocent to usher in such sacred times of healing and refreshing from the Lord - Indeed, yes, redemption.  Let us put off hatred! If He be lifted up He will draw all men unto Himself.  Let's lift up Christ crucified in our midst - Christ crucified in us. Dead to hatred, bitterness, and despair.  Let's not return assembly to the assembly folk.

Yes, I believe we are to forgive those who sin against us, even those who have not asked for it.  If we only forgave those who sought it we'd be a fairly hellish, sorry lot since we'd be carrying a grudge with about 99% of the unbelievers in the world and about 90% of the church.  I've seen that kind of justice - It's disgusting and miserable.

Love you buddy, I feel your pain, I've been where you are at and could be in a moment if I were to relent...Be careful.  

If I'm missing something, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Blessings...BenJapheth.
Arthur
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2003, 08:31:46 am »

There are some men for whom it is right to say things that I did (perhaps without the "Hah!"s, I agree).  The Bible doesn't make any qualms about the brood of vipers but calls them as they are.

But, you are right.  I was not being very thoughtful for those who may be still caught in the middle.  I wasn't referring to them.  I was directing it at those who know who they are.   Hopefully those in their clutches may get free.
I just now received a phone call from someone that I thought was gone asking for forgiveness.  I am blown away.  I...I just, I almost can't believe it, but man!  God is so good!  Hallelujah!  It's like my whole view on life just changed again.  There is goodness yet to be found out there.  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: