AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 06:56:43 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally!  (Read 7506 times)
vernecarty
« on: January 12, 2003, 07:17:41 pm »

Goodbye and God bless!
Verne
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 11:47:01 pm by vernecarty » Logged
sue xander

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 08:45:46 pm »

AMEN to that Verne!
Rachel

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 10:18:44 pm »

Verne,

I was so thrilled to see your post.  I have been saying that exact same thing but you have said it so well and in so many less words then I have to use.  It is to the point and so powerful.

Thank you.

Rachel
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 02:08:54 am »

Verne,

I can totally relate to the racism, as I am a Black woman.  Maybe when you're ready (and if you want to), you can share with us some of your experiences.  My experience is recorded at www.rickross.com.  Search under the Geftakys group section.  The article is named "Racist Behavior".  I have more than that to tell, but maybe we can talk via personal messages... Grin
lemonlime

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 03:22:33 am »

wow... i went  to that site... theres ALOT of articles on the "Assembly" there... and that one article says alot about the subliminal mentality of the Lodge as a whole.
Ron Johnson

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2003, 07:40:30 pm »

Vern
That was a great post.  I am also an African-American and left the group in Sacramento seven years ago.  The subtle racism and partiality by the so-called leaders made my decision to leave easy.  I still miss some of the friendships that were formed in Arcata and Sacramento but there is no way that an African-American family could live and be healthy in that environment.

I am not trying to make this a racial thing, many of my friends were and still are White and a brother that I still consider among my best friends is Korean it is just refreshing to hear that I was not the only one who experienced it.

Eulaha, I do not remember you but thanks for the email…I am working on my story, just want to make sure that I am doing it for the right reason.  I forgave them long ago but I must admit that I am presently angry at the lack of wisdom of the so called leaders in Sacramento and SF for leading the dear people in those assemblies to be tossed to and fro by more of the trickery, craftiness and deceitful scheming of George  

I honestly hope they all repent!

Ron
retread

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2003, 12:25:11 am »

I still miss some of the friendships that were formed in Arcata and Sacramento but there is no way that an African-American family could live and be healthy in that environment.

There is no way that ANYBODY could live and be healthy in that environment!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2003, 12:25:29 am by retread » Logged
Ron Johnson

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2003, 07:00:17 am »

Good point tread, very good point

ron
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: