AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 02:56:33 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike  (Read 3856 times)
Oscar

Email
« on: March 12, 2004, 11:25:21 am »

Tonight I was thinking and suddenly the image of a brother I used to know popped up.

His name was Mike.  He was a very good hearted brother...at least so it seemed in his dealings with me.

He came from a little town near Tuscola, Ill.  He had a stiff knee from a motorcycle accident.

Anyone know whatever became of him?

Thanks,

Thomas Maddux
Robb Middleton
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 10:57:07 pm »

Tom,

Verne was right.  Mike and Brenda Houk still live in Oakland, a small farming community about 20-30 miles from Tuscola.  He and his wife are doing well.  I believe my dad still sees them every once in a while.  Mike was in a very bad accident a few years ago, and as far as I know has recovered pretty well.  

Mike's children are grown and married now.  Andy his wife Jada live in Oakland and are farming there, and I believe have 1 child.  Mike's daughter, Elisha, and her husband live across from Andy and have been married for about 6 years.  Mike's family graciously attended my wedding and I was grateful that they did - it ment a lot.  They were a great family whom our family was close to.  They are a very gracious family and I feel privilaged to have know them for as long as I have.

Mike and Brenda still live in the same house they have for many years - funny, growing up, my brother, Mike, and Andy were very close in age and personality and I can remember many fond memories of our families spending time together there.  Also remember the hay rack rides and bonfires we had out at Mike's shop outside of Oakland - lots of good memories.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 10:58:19 pm by Robb Middleton » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: