AssemblyBoard
April 27, 2024, 08:53:18 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Margaret Irons  (Read 18578 times)
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2003, 10:56:38 am »

We are very happy to hear from you. We have much to add and will address you both, Steve and Margaret as time permits. Your reference, Steve, to Dave's message was right on and I will write Dave personally regarding what he had to say.

It seems that every day we either read a post, receive an e-mail or get a phone call that illuminates the past or directs our gaze to a bright future in His true fellowship.

God bless you all,
Tony
editor
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2003, 08:58:08 pm »

Hello everyone

I have Steve's article, Titled,  Full salvation by Devout Effort?

I have had this for years, and it is one of many waiting to be posted.  Look for it in the near future.

Brent
His Kid

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2003, 10:34:48 am »

It's so good to hear about you and Steve, Margaret. My heart still hurts when I remember the last day I saw Steve at Huntington Beach shortly before your family left. I always knew that you had a good reason and someday would hear how you were doing again. I'm so glad to hear that you and your family are all well. I left the assembly in 1996 when my husband, Jim, decided he would go to church with me but "not that church". We started out at a large church and after a church split became part of a church plant in Irvine that started with a small group of about 30 people and has grown into a congregation of apx 500. It is a grace-filled church where we are accepted in Christ just as we are which is such a blessing.  
Well, I just wanted to send a greeting to you and to all my dear friends...not just those who have left the assembly but those who are still there and are wondering if there is true spirituality "outside the covering". There is!
garylwilson

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2003, 05:24:54 am »

Hi Margaret

Hopefully you remember me.  Gary Wilson.  I am one of the
individuals whom Steve met with for an extended time.  I probably caused him much frustration.  Just kidding.  
I you could sent me an email.  My email address is
gary@shurflo.com.  I would love to hear from you guys.

Both you and Steve have a warm place in my heart.
I have never forgotten the kindness shown to me.
You on the other hand probably have never forgotten what a lousy job I did on fixing your Volkswagon engine. Kidding again

Glad to hear all is well with you all

Gary
JohnS

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2003, 10:32:08 am »

Steve and Margaret,

We haven't talked since Anna and I were considering leaving in 1992.  We did leave and subsequntly ended up at Faith EV Free here in Omaha.  

We have three kids left at home now:  Tiffany 10, John 7, and Jordan 5.  Skyler and Travis are out on their own.

It's great to be able touch base.  I just found out about this website today.

It's getting late here so i'm keeping this short.

John Steinke
drp

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2003, 06:20:34 am »

Wow, how I have missed you both, Steve and Margaret.  I have prayed for you over the years after you left the Assembly.  Rumors were about that you were discouraged (how could that be upon leaving, eh?).  I remember we almost got together once...so sad it didn't work out.  Linda and I are in Mariposa; God has been faithful and kind and until all this stuff was recently brought to my attention, I hadn't thought much about the Assembly (per se) much, though often about people i miss and care about.  Take care.

Dennis Patrick
Brian_Steele

Email
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2003, 11:47:03 am »

Steve,

This is Brian Steele.  About 10 years ago you helped me immensely after I left the Assembly. If you remember, I was the one that was deprogrammed by Rick Ross in an involuntary intervention.   I would like to thank you again for the many conversations, encouragement and empathy (sympathy) you shared.  A truckload of thanks!  I've been living in Washington state and am married with one child.  I hope all is well with you.

God continue to bless you!!!

-Brian Steele
Toni Fuller

Email
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2003, 06:40:56 am »

Steve & Margaret,  I'm not sure you remember me.  My maiden name was Toni Klamert, from St. Louis MO.  I used to stay with many of the single sisters when I came to Fullerton.  In fact in 1980 ,  I lived with Linda Rainville and Patty (can't remember her last name) when they lived next to Dennis.  I want you to know that many people including myself were very sad to hear that your family had left.  Being out in the Midwest, we weren't given a valid reason, I only know that I knew in my heart there was nothing wrong with your relationship with the Savior.  You were both a real encouragement to me.  Just wanted to let you know your labors weren't in vain.   Cheesy
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2003, 09:16:38 am »

Hi Steve and Margaret! Smiley
   Thanks so much for all the help you gave to me when I first left.  Steve, your articles were very helpful and I think I still have a book of yours that I should be returning (A Theology Of The Holy Spirit, by Bruner).  We'll have to get together so I can give it back.
   Dennis Patrick!! Smiley Thanks for your work with Enroth on the production of his first book on Abuse!  I was a subject in his 2nd book and was given the name, "Eric Wilson."
  You started the ball rolling on what we're seeing happening in the Assembly today.  Please post your insight's.   God Bless,   Mark
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: