AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 09:07:41 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Families Split Up?  (Read 5196 times)
john j malone sr.

Email
« on: January 04, 2003, 07:50:16 pm »

[I could not delete this post]

john j malone sr.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2003, 12:50:08 pm by john j malone, sr. » Logged
Knucklehead

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 11:20:45 pm »

The New Year greeting is bitter/sweet and your post is very sad to say the least.
reene

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2003, 11:52:06 pm »

Reading John’s post brought back a flood of  memories.  I was living in Chuck Miller’s home in the spring of 1977 with his 5 youngest children and at least 3 other single sisters.  I remember the infamous “bang on the table”  that came from Chuck Miller’s study.  Shortly therafter I was told that I would be moving out of the Miller home and into the Zach’s.  I don’t recall what I was told about that strange turn of events. And I don’t recall asking any serious questions.  I do remember having the highest regard for both Jim Hayman and Mike Zach and thinking that Chuck Miller was therefore probably in sin.  Besides that, Mike Zach had queried me about Chuck Miller’s teaching ability about one month earlier, so I figured they were on to something much bigger that my own spiritual sense could handle.  I did not gather any FACTS about what was said in Chuck Miller’s study and the surrounding events until some years later.  I feel badly about that.  

Within a month or so I was off to summer school with 3 of the Miller children--- Becky, Nancy and Mike.  I couldn’t figure out why they were asked to stay in CA, while I was going back home.  I thought I wasn’t spiritual enough.  

Within 5 years I was suffering the same family split that Chuck and John had suffered.  Then I really understood.  

Maureen Mancuso
Benjamin Mathews

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2003, 04:56:14 pm »

Mr. Malone, just to set the record straight on what you wrote in your posting about my father, Wayne Mathews;  He is one of the godliest and best men that I have ever personally known.  Your arrogant and unloving dismissal of him is hardly characteristic of a man of God.  By their fruits you shall know them.  May God be as merciful to you as he has been to me.  
Bob Sturnfield

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2003, 05:36:32 pm »

And I was thinking Titus 1:6-9 was a good description of Mike Ward.  As Ben states "He is one of the godliest and best men that I have ever personally known."

Of course he may have grown up a lot in the last 20 years.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: