AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 02:35:14 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re:One Year Ago, Today  (Read 2491 times)
jackhutchinson

Email
« on: January 14, 2004, 02:14:38 pm »

A year ago today (Tuesday, 1/14/03) we heard at the prayer meeting about GG's discipline and the dissolution of his ministry.  Wow!  What a thought!  The leaders publicly stated that George needed to repent.  We had been cut loose from Fullerton.  I knew then that 2003 was going to be a VERY different kind of year.  I knew that the Lord was going to do amazing things.  I was excited and optomistic.  The Lord was leading us on a path on which we had never tread.  I still had not read the website yet, so I still saw the assembly in SLO as a genuine, though flawed, gathering of God's people.  

The leaders asked us to pray about an upcomming meeting between them, the Tr0ckmans and a local pastor that was to take place on Sat 1/18/03.  I was  so scared for the leaders who were about to go into what we perceived to be a lion's den.

I had no idea just how different 2003 was about to become for me.

Jack
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 02:15:22 pm by Jack Hutchinson » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: