AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 02:20:46 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Luke Robinson?  (Read 7830 times)
Delila Jahn

Email
« on: January 06, 2004, 06:52:57 am »

I overhead a conversation (actually it was forwarded to me) between a Mr. H. and a Luke Robinson.  Who is Luke Robinson?  Was he in the Assembly?  Luke, come on and introduce yourself.  I'd like to meet cha.
Delila
editor
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 07:45:04 am »

I overhead a conversation (actually it was forwarded to me) between a Mr. H. and a Luke Robinson.  Who is Luke Robinson?  Was he in the Assembly?  Luke, come on and introduce yourself.  I'd like to meet cha.
Delila

Hi Delila,

Luke has been banned from the forum.  I'm not sure who Mr. H is however.  We make it a policy not to discuss negative things about people who are not able to respond in person.  Anyone who wants to compliment Luke is free to do so.

He was a very witty and humerous person.  (Ahhh. on edit that's H-U-M-O-R-O-U-S  )

Brent
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 08:27:35 am by Brent A. Trockman » Logged
d3z

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 08:04:28 am »

Perhaps "Mr. H" is just "H", who posted as recently as Dec 12.  But, I don't have any bad things to say about H.

Dave
Oscar

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 08:39:10 am »

Delila

Delila,

Some months back there was some very strong criticism of leading brethren who did not apologize or accept responsibility for their actions in the assembly years.

One of these was Luke's dad.  Luke is a young man of about 19 or 20, and he undertook to defend or excuse the ones being criticized.

Some things were said and done that resulted in his being banned.

Thomas Maddux
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 12:30:08 pm »

Perhaps "Mr. H" is just "H", who posted as recently as Dec 12.  But, I don't have any bad things to say about H.

Dave

Do we even know whether H is a Mr.?  Anyway, I can't have him/her taking the rap for me-- I'm Delila's Mr.H.  
     Luke wrote me re: a recent post I made, and followed by telling me to "Do what you want."  I wanted to fwd copies of my reply to a few others as prayer requests for Luke & me, and I did so.  I included Delila because Luke mentioned her by name.  Mystery solved?

al

editor
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 09:34:45 pm »

Dave

Do we even know whether H is a Mr.?  Anyway, I can't have him/her taking the rap for me-- I'm Delila's Mr.H.  
     Luke wrote me re: a recent post I made, and followed by telling me to "Do what you want."  I wanted to fwd copies of my reply to a few others as prayer requests for Luke & me, and I did so.  I included Delila because Luke mentioned her by name.  Mystery solved?

al

I'm glad you said that Al, because someone else emailed me and said that "H" was someone else entirely.   As ex-assembly people, we are still quite prone to the gossip grapevine.  Bringing things out in the open, as opposed to partial confidentiality helps.  Real confidentiality, as opposed to partial, is always best in delicate matters.

Nothing like a rumor.....

Brent
Delila Jahn

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 11:45:04 pm »

Now I'm sorry I asked.  Really. I don't want to know anymore about him.  
Delila
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 01:00:13 am »

Now I'm sorry I asked.  Really. I don't want to know anymore about him.  
Delila

Well, Luke R is a buddy of mine........a quite thoughtful one at that.  While his ideals are (IMO) slightly skewed, he has specific reasons for his statements and would go as far as needed to ensure he was heard.  Since he apparently needs an advocate here, I would encourage you to feel more than free to contact him if you have comments on anything he wrote, or if you want him to elaborate on something.  His methodology was a bit harsh for an online medium, but his thoughts are indeed interesting considerations.

--
lucas
Nowyn

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 01:31:11 am »

Luke Robinson, Son of Jerry and Tina Robinson.

Has two brothers, one being Paul.

Jerry Robinson was a leading brother in St. Louis before it all went kaput.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: