AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 04:16:31 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Call for Shepherds To Speak  (Read 11731 times)
Delila Jahn

Email
« on: January 04, 2004, 01:53:07 am »

CALLING ALL SHEPHERDS -- SHEEP GATHERED TO HEAR
WAITING... WHERE’D YA GO? -WE’D LIKE TO KNOW

My guess is that you’re lurking on the web site from time to time, checking
things out, wondering what’s being said about you now that the socks are pulled out
of our mouths and the duct tape removed.  
   The good shepherd (is it pushing things to imply that this means all good
shepherds?) left his 99 and went after the one erring.  To find the lost one. You know
the story better than I.  So now, to the tune of “Where have all the flowers gone...” we
might indulge ourselves here in a new hymn written for the occasion.  
   Why a new hymn you ask?  Well, quite honestly, when in the Assembly’s
history have the sheep ever had to call the shepherds back?  We have nothing in
Hymns and Spiritual Songs that fits the occasion so I’ve parodied an old worldly
favorite and it will have to do.  Sing along if you like:

“Where have all the shepherds gone, long time passing?
   Where have all the shepherds gone, not that long ago
   Where have all the shepherds gone - GG picked them, every one
   When will our hearts discern?  Why do their stomach’s churn?

There’s no copyright on this yet of course and as it’s still a work in progress.  I
invite others to add verses.  It is important that the former shepherds speak up.  Dear
Tim G. - can we hear from you please?  We don’t need a verse or two, we have bibles
thanks, and those (few) of us who don’t open ours still have the words circulating in
our blood stream.  So we don’t need verses from you, only that you come forward.
Don’t be afraid.  Remember what GG said about all of us one day having to come and
stand before the Lord and give an account - well, this web site isn’t anything like
that’s going to be, right?  Kind people here.  Really kind. You can lay down the
burden of your heart.  Tell us the whole story.  Tell us why it’s important to tell little
white lies once in a while. Further to the ministry of the truth:  Is there ever room in
Christian ministry for a dynasty?
   And you other Leading Brothers, offer up a hymn of your own.  Pray out.
Speak the truth to us in love.  We love the truth; it’s what helps us know we’re not in
the darkness.  We don’t even need each other to tell us when the light is shining.
Imagine, now we can see it for ourselves.  Even those of us who’s faith has been
shaken, even those doubting Thomas folk who only know a few things, but know
them honestly. Dear Brother Mike Z. - care to share your burden?  Some of us are
guessing it’s a little heavy.  You and I Mike, we haven’t talked much in years but as I
was invited to a couple’s meeting (even though I was but a lowly single parent - that
was gracious of you by the way.  I appreciated it, deeply) you were leading in
Estevan. That was the last time we saw each other, remember?  I was trying again to
get back into the assembly - I mean kingdom - at the time and though my efforts
didn’t last long, they were sincere.  My last memory of you was that a married sister
had asked you about the value of married men hitting or otherwise using corporate
punishment on their wives.  I almost choked to death on my own saliva.  You didn’t
bat an eyebrow nor did anyone else in the room.  Would you explain to us if
‘disciplining’ one’s life in this matter is common practice amongst the assemblies in
Nebraska as well as those in other states of the United States of America?  I wasn’t
aware that the custom had spread also into Canada.  I thought the Lord had delivered
us from that - something about love and liberty... it’s been a while since I read.  Send
us some verses to clarify what this is all about.  I though women stopped being
property decades ago.  Perhaps you could fill us in.  

Anyone else?  Come on, Shepherds.  Really, saints! I hear that some of  you
are not under the covering of the assembly anymore.   NO ONE will pick on you here,
we’d just like answers.  We’d just like the shepherds to identify themselves.
Somehow some of you have disappeared into the woodwork.  Brother Jim H.  How
are you Brother?  Now I personally have to apologize to you because I got the
assembly into trouble with a ‘new one’ who made pretty good coin working that
government job and she was a good catch and Nancy almost lost her.  You remember
the sorting out you had to do with Mary S. In Ottawa?  Well, that was all my fault,
brother.  I take full responsibility. I was always getting into trouble in Ottawa.  You
see, even back then I couldn’t keep my yap shut.
    You see, I was a faithful messenger but I didn’t consider my audience.  When
I passed on that information about the assembly’s stand with inter-racial marriages,
well, how was I to know Mary worked for a cultural mosaic type government policy
making section of the government?  I was seventeen, still wet behind the ears as GG
puts it.  And Mary, of Arabic descent; I just never thought about the consequences of
my actions and that’s what we’ve all got to learn, isn’t it?  There are consequences to
our actions.  Too bad, really.  But it’s true.  And the assembly wasn’t popular in the
world so it was best to let them know slowly, let the Lord teach the newcomer His
ways in the ministry, not just spout off what might be construed as racist to one who
just needed the pure milk of the word.  When she was ready for a deeper walk with
the Lord, He’d have showed her.  But I gave you quite the job with her, and in the
end, she left fellowship and took a ‘white man’ with her anyway.  Sorry to waste your
time on that job, Jim.  I take full responsibility for that mess.  I was the messenger.
Sisters, really!  More trouble than they’re worth, don’t you think?  Always causing
trouble... I could go on and on.  What they really need is a man to keep them in line
but then, what of the poor guy who get ‘em?  Sheep to the slaughter.  That’s why it’s
always best to step on a sister good when you get the chance, don’t you think?

Now Shepherds, I didn’t know a lot of other leading brothers well, so don’t be
shy if you’re not called on, after all, I’m only a woman.  You certainly don’t need my
invitation to the web site.  I didn’t make it.  I just joined myself a little while ago.  But
I’m not shy here, as you can tell, this is nothing like the Lord’s courts in the assembly.
Women can speak here.  They can have a voice.  They are considered people; under
the law? no, under grace.  So, as they say, we take our head coverings off and just
preach it.  I’ve already asked Armand and Nancy how they’re sleeping at night in
Ottawa.  Now who else is there?  Oh Yes.  Can’t forget the big cheese.
   I’m going all out now because I’m kind of on a roll, see?  If I overstep my
boundaries I know they’ll just delete this message and pretend it didn’t happen.  Not
that I’ve seen that happen before.  But it could happen, and just in case, I’m going to
give it to you straight G.!  You don’t want this watered down do you?  You don’t
want it warmed or put in a bottle and you don’t want to be given a blanket so you can
just catch up on your sleep now, do you?  We could just hang a sign on the door and
say Iccabod or something.  But no, I want everyone to know that GG was right about a
good many things and I’d like to start a new post and feel free to add to this list as the
Lord brings items to mind:

GG TEACHINGS THAT REMAIN TRUE

1.  We are all expendable.  Even as G. expended many, he too found himself
landing on his own back legs.  There isn’t a one of us the Lord CAN’T WORK
WITHOUT.

2.  An elder must be above reproach.  Right? Or was that just: an elder can not
be accused of gross conduct?  Can’t be both - someone help me clarify this one
‘cause I know the Lord honors the leadership. That’s why we’re looking for the
shepherds on this web site.

3.  Beware the false prophets and teachers.  Remember how G. wept when he told
us this?  That dear brother pleaded with us, for our own good.  They were tears
of love saints, weren’t they?  I for one haven’t forgotten.  Those moments were
the highlights to some very boring seminars.

4.  Speak the truth to one another in love.  And saints, you can’t just know this in
your head.  Many of you still just know it in your heads.  You’ve got to know it in
your heart.  Raise your hand if you ever had our dear brother speak the truth to
you ‘in love’.  Up high now, don’t be shy.

5.  “I know nothing yet as I ought to know.”  No kidding eh?  And yet, our dear
brother was judge, jury, executioner.  Still, these words that he said remains true
of him.  

6.  We must seek the Lord for His counsel.  GG was our great example in this and
He did it at rocket speed and without a doubt in his mind.  He even told some
people to marry and they did, even though they didn’t like the person they would
marry.  Now there’s a man with the mind of God!

7. Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together.  Even if we forsook
ourselves, many of us learned the value of leaving health behind for the assembly
meetings.  There was incredible value and incredible cost involved.

8. Psychology is trash.  Narcissistic personality disorders do not exist. Amen.
Can I hear an Amen, saints?

9.  Those who leave us, forsake the covering of the assembly.  (And walk in
liberty!)

10.  Those who leave us go about in confusion and accusation of the brethren.
Yes, you know they have the audacity to say what REALLY happened.  Can you
imagine?  Really, saints!  They should be ashamed.  And many of them are, that
they kept quiet so long.

Dear Brother GG - we invite you to come and add your amen and your humble
endorsement to the list we’ve created in your memory.  Where are you by the
way?  Haven’t seen you out at the meetings lately.  Still walking with the Lord?
I’ve got a promise I’d like to share with you sometime.

editor
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 02:07:19 am »

(Swallows hard,  clears throat..)

Wow.....

Yes, you get an "AMEN" from me, Delila.

I was not aware that they had wife training meetings in Canada.  Ottawa, through Armand Cossette, maintain that they were not influnced by George.  Can you elaborate on this?

As for the shepherds stepping forward and issuing a clear statement about the obvious, there have been a few:

Steve Irons
Tom Maddux
Mark Campbell
Kirk Cesaretti
Bill Hines
John LeGrande
Ray Dienzo (young leader from SLO)
Danny Edwards

Others would agree with your views but have not seen fit to say anything.  Sadly, the majority of people still hold to their training that speaking up is wrong.  

And then there are those who won't come forward because they are still wanting to play the game.  There are plenty of these as well, and this forum is the front-line of defense against what these people might try to do.

The Assembly was an idol, and there are still those who actively worship it.  Some bow down before the old statue, others have made newer, smaller statues, that are more modest, but they still worship the same idol.  It is important to have something to worship, especially if I have spent my life building and serving it.

Brent
Delila Jahn

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 04:39:25 am »

I wish someone else would step forward and say something about what exactly went on in Ottawa.  It was in Estevan that I attended the couple's meeting just that once.  In Ottawa I'm pretty sure they had some couples meetings.  Marcia? You should speak to this.
As for George's influence there, I ask you, would Nancy have come to Ottawa had George not 'encouraged' her to marry Armand?
Nancy was in Ottawa because G wanted to make sure that somebody was there to stand with him (G) whatever come.
I have never seen abuse that compares to what I saw in Ottawa.  Resulting health problems, especially among single sisters was amazing.  We even went on Betty's famed diet to try to combat the resluts of over work and sleep deprivation.  Hypoglicemia.  Everybody had it - like it was contageous or something.  We were wrecked.  And I was there from age 17 to age 21 which is young, wouldn't you say, to be that wrecked?  They lie to the saints about those to leave too - A&N.  
Could someone currently in Ottawa talk about this?  The saints are still being told to basically stay away from those who leave, just as if G had never been xed.  It is a very dark place.  A good place to be 'broken' and stay that way.  I feel really sorry for those still 'in'.  Come out in the light.  You'll never believe how great it is to actually BREATHE!  I may have to start praying just to see something happen to that end huh? or should I say eh?
delila
M2
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 08:33:45 am »

I wish someone else would step forward and say something about what exactly went on in Ottawa.  It was in Estevan that I attended the couple's meeting just that once.  In Ottawa I'm pretty sure they had some couples meetings.  Marcia? You should speak to this.
As for George's influence there, I ask you, would Nancy have come to Ottawa had George not 'encouraged' her to marry Armand?
Nancy was in Ottawa because G wanted to make sure that somebody was there to stand with him (G) whatever come.
I have never seen abuse that compares to what I saw in Ottawa.  Resulting health problems, especially among single sisters was amazing.  We even went on Betty's famed diet to try to combat the resluts of over work and sleep deprivation.  Hypoglicemia.  Everybody had it - like it was contageous or something.  We were wrecked.  And I was there from age 17 to age 21 which is young, wouldn't you say, to be that wrecked?  They lie to the saints about those to leave too - A&N.  
Could someone currently in Ottawa talk about this?  The saints are still being told to basically stay away from those who leave, just as if G had never been xed.  It is a very dark place.  A good place to be 'broken' and stay that way.  I feel really sorry for those still 'in'.  Come out in the light.  You'll never believe how great it is to actually BREATHE!  I may have to start praying just to see something happen to that end huh? or should I say eh?
delila

Delila,

You are correct. I have held back as my husband and kids were still "in". I have communicated with some via PMs and emails but have held back on the public forum. Though some will declare that I have said too much even there.

It is very sad to hear of stories like yours. The church ought to be a place for wounded ones to find healing, but instead it has been a place where 'godly' ones abused their authority by weighing men(and women) down with burdens hard to bear (Luke 11:46). These leaders continue to say 'there were some problems', but they have not repented and made things right with those whom they spiritually abused. Claude (my husband) has told me on numerous occasions that they have not repented. He has waited this long to see if change would truly happen, but has decided that he wants to start the New Year off on new ground. Today he sent an 'exit' letter via email to various ones. In at least 2 replies, his words have again been twisted to make it seem that he was thinking of leaving since July because I had left, though he has clearly stated that he left because: quote--
Where does that leave me? I cannot expect improvement when the leaders do not see the problem as I do. I took a year to investigate, form opinions, and discuss them with many. At first, I expected that we would all see the problems (as I see them?) and that, with humility and repentance, the Lord would transform the assembly. Now, I understand that I can only decide for myself and must act on what I believe. I still believe that the Lord is able to take care of His house.
--end-quote

Both leaders here in Ottawa lie in order to preserve the testimony. I know they have lied about me to others, and when I have enlightened them they have not apologized, but given me the silent treatment. They also twist the Scriptures and hold others in bondage with their poisoned stew. But then I have come to believe that the rest who are "in" are like the ones described in 2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;

Anyway, I will end this post here. more later...
Lord bless,
Marcia
psalm51

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 08:44:14 am »

Marcia,
I'm so glad to hear about Claude's decision. I guess the blind guides in Ottawa will continue to lead the blind or something like that since all those with spiritual sight are leaving or have left.  Armand and Nancy Cossette ought to be ashamed of themselves.... It sounds like from what Delila has said that Nancy really learned her lessons from Betty, who had no business teaching anyone anything. It is all so sad.  I remember with a lot of nostalgia when the Zach girls and I lived together in Omaha. Looking back it seems all so innocent, but the slide into the assembly morass/darkness had certainly begun even then. Anyway, many blessings to your family and their new freedom in Christ.
Pat
summer007

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2004, 10:50:24 am »

Delila, Dont be surprised if they dont speak -up...Remember in John 10--"The Good Shepherd gives his Life for the Sheep" hirelings dont...My neighbor was a Shepherd and I witnessed first hand how sheep run away..But when my friends Dad whistled (not sure if he used an instrument I'm sure you get the idea) the sheep flocked over to him ..they were really Glad to see him...If we were with him they were ok with us (hirelings we were)  We used to clip the new borns ears..The Mother would let us because we were with the Shepherd...Just a small anology....theres a book about shepherds how they anoint the sheeps head with oil, if they dont the knats attack their faces and the sheep will Bang their heads against fences ,stables etc...I've learned its better to stand behind the Shepherd who'll fight off the Wolves...just a thought....
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2004, 09:06:16 pm »

Dear
Tim G. - can we hear from you please?  We don’t need a verse or two, we have bibles
thanks, and those (few) of us who don’t open ours still have the words circulating in
our blood stream.  So we don’t need verses from you, only that you come forward.
Don’t be afraid.  

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Tim Geftakys to come forward and say anything.  Wimps generally don't like uncomfortbale situation.

I kind of chuckle when I think of Tim.  How worthless must he feel when he looks in the mirror every day...How would you like to wake up one day, be in your mid fifties, look back on your life, and have accomplished so little.
summer007

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2004, 04:17:19 am »

Its ok for "shepherds " but the Wolves what do they do??When you say, my what big ears you have..they say,"the better to hear you with Sister" and My what Big teeth you have they say, the better to give you a word Sister, and when you say My what big paws you have they say ,Oh the better to walk with the Lord  Dear Sister...meanwhile they're wooly clothes are are  showing the coat of a wolf..Closely know the state of your Flock...Look close this flock has been ravaged by Wolves..I think some are tryly decieved...when they go to make a move the wolves are knawing and nipping on them..when they should of been bandaged , strenghtened, led out to good pastures..Yes The Good Shepherd is out looking for his LOST sheep...He will carry the broken...I'm going to be talking to my Paster about all of this....Does he want to get involved??? With ravaged sheep, meanwhile wolves are in the midst...When you've done it unto the least of these you've done it unto me..says the LORD....For example I know of one Sister trying to get away from the Assm ..She actuually had to file a restraining Order to keep 2 thats two LB's from stalking and Harressing her...God have Mercy!!!
Delila Jahn

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 04:57:19 am »

A restraining order?  That's Baaaaaaad!
Delila
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: