AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 12:04:31 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been sexually abused in the Assembly?  (Read 5336 times)
outdeep

Email
« on: December 24, 2003, 07:35:37 pm »

I found the following request on my Christian Writers Group website at
http://christianwritersgroup.org/needs.php.

HELP NEEDED: Christian writer looking for women or men who've experienced pastoral sexual abuse willing to share their stories in a magazine article addressing the subject. Objective of article is to help others who've had similar experiences and who wish to find healing and forgiveness. Confidentiality respected! Please email Cynthia at cyn.cha@verizon.net.

summer007

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 02:38:20 am »

I realize this is here for people to directly email the writer...About 5 years after I left someone told me (and for sake of confidentiality I wont name names of the victims) that one of the Brothers  had molested one of the children ...I figured they'd have him arrested..But they said the LB'S were handeling it...I was very puzzeled ..I know some people dont want to prosecute and put the children through more humiliation ..but when I found this board I brought that up to a former roommate and she mentioned another child that had an encounter with the same "brother" .....The LB's know who he is...Apparently whatever they did ..did'nt work!!!!  BTW Dave your articles are just Great and your last one 'whos yor Daddy' was excellent....Thanks!!!!
Mark Kisla
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 04:48:06 am »

I realize this is here for people to directly email the writer...About 5 years after I left someone told me (and for sake of confidentiality I wont name names of the victims) that one of the Brothers  had molested one of the children ...I figured they'd have him arrested..But they said the LB'S were handeling it...I was very puzzeled ..I know some people dont want to prosecute and put the children through more humiliation ..but when I found this board I brought that up to a former roommate and she mentioned another child that had an encounter with the same "brother" .....The LB's know who he is...Apparently whatever they did ..did'nt work!!!!

There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR THIS.
You defenders of the Leading Brethen, how dumb can you be ?
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 07:15:03 am »

Another incident in St. Louis (I went on several teen outings with the perpetrator). A step-dad in Tuscola. A step-dad in Champaign.

There are several others I have heard of through the grapevine but don't know of directly so can't bring them up.

Would not say that this was "rampant" in the Assemblies but I would bet the rate of incidence is much higher than in mainstream gatherings. Maybe due to the isolated nature of the groups.

Scott
d3z

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 10:53:06 am »

Sadly, this isn't unique to the assemblies.  The catholic church has gotten lots of flack for trying to handle this problem internally.  A relative of mine was fired from a job at a christian camp because he refused to allows a known child molester to work at the camp.  There was money and greed involved (the perp was well off).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: